Daily Devotion August 19th, 2016

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Today's devotional from Mrs. Cowman is on the subject of being in God's fire. She uses the comparison of Dresden China which must be fired 3 times to bring forth the beauty that was placed within. Likewise, God must do this with His servants. Moses went through 3 unique firing processes. The first fire was his mother being forced to leave her beloved son, in order to save him. By divine providence he was taken into the house of Pharaoh where he later departed - choosing to suffer with his brethren rather than to enjoy the privileges he had grown accustomed to. The second fire began when Moses was 40 yrs old. He killed an Egyptian in order to protect a Hebrew from certain death and for that he was forced to flee to into the wilderness where he stayed 40 years. The third fire occurred when God called him at the age of 80 yrs. to lead the Hebrew people out of the land of Egypt where they would wander for 40 years. At 120 years of age, Moses died and God identified Moses with a finer mark than Dresden China ever could!
It is written:
Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.
- Numbers 12:3

August 19th, 2016

Dresden%20Ambrosius%20Lamm%20Opera%20Set%20(12).JPG

Antique Dresden Abrosius Opera Set Porcelain Set of 6 plus add. pieces Circa 1930
$75,000.00

Fashioned In The Fire by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
"Unto you it is given . . .to suffer" (Phil 1:29)
God keeps a costly school. Many of its lessons are spelled out through tears. Richard Baxter said, "O God, I thank Thee for a bodily discipline of eight and fifty years"; and he is not the only man who has turned a trouble into triumph.

This school of our Heavenly Father will soon close for us; the term time is shortening every day. Let us not shrink from a hard lesson or wince under any rod of chastisement. The richer will be the crown, and the sweeter will be Heaven, if we endure cheerfully to the end and graduate in glory.--Theodore L. Cuyler

The finest china in the world is burned at least three times, some of it more than three times. Dresden china is always burned three times. Why does it go through that intense fire? Once ought to be enough; twice ought to be enough. No, three times are necessary to burn that china so that the gold and the crimson are brought out more beautiful and then fastened there to stay.

We are fashioned after the same principle in human life. Our trials are burned into us once, twice, thrice; and by God's grace these beautiful colors are there and they are there to stay forever.--Cortland Myers

Earth's fairest flowers grow not on sunny plain,
But where some vast upheaval rent in twain The smiling land . . . .
After the whirlwinds devastating blast,
After the molten fire and ashen pall,
God's still small voice breathes healing over all.
From riven rocks and fern-clad chasms deep,
Flow living waters as from hearts that weep,
There in the afterglow soft dews distill
And angels tend God's plants when night falls still,
And the Beloved passing by that way
Will gather lilies at the break of day.--J.H.D.

Philippians Devotionals | Precept Austin

Last edited:
This is not a music video. This is a video of a master potter creating something beautiful out of a lump of clay. This is what God wants to do with you. God's plan for you is most wonderful. Perhaps you have wondered what God's purpose is for you, what God is doing in you, why God is doing what he is doing.... this is the video for you.

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
Isaiah 29:16

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
Isaiah 64:8

Last edited:

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139

This is not a music video. This is a video of a master potter creating something beautiful out of a lump of clay. This is what God wants to do with you. God's plan for you is most wonderful. Perhaps you have wondered what God's purpose is for you, what God is doing in you, why God is doing what he is doing.... this is the video for you.

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
Isaiah 29:16

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
Isaiah 64:8

How would you know what god's plan is for any other human being? That eternal hell fire was enough to turn me off to the whole deal.

The video is not about hell, Campbell. It's a video presentation of a Master Potter and a lump of clay in his hands. The clay is put on a wheel and as the wheel spins the Potter works very carefully on the clay - creating a beautiful vessel. It is a beautiful and comforting video.

The video is not about hell, Campbell. It's a video presentation of a Master Potter and a lump of clay in his hands. The clay is put on a wheel and as the wheel spins the Potter works very carefully on the clay - creating a beautiful vessel. It is a beautiful and comforting video.

To you maybe......it's a major load of horse shit to me and has nothing to do with reality. What about unfortunate children who are born in countries where the government does nothing to help to poor? Does ol' Gawd jump in and provide food. Nope! I've never seen any evidence that Gawd does shit! The last thing he did was get his son nailed to a cross where he slowly bled to death. What A Father!!!

To you maybe......it's a major load of horse shit to me and has nothing to do with reality. What about unfortunate children who are born in countries where the government does nothing to help to poor? Does ol' Gawd jump in and provide food. Nope! I've never seen any evidence that Gawd does shit! The last thing he did was get his son nailed to a cross where he slowly bled to death. What A Father!!!
My husband and I send support to children in a country (Romania) where the govt. doesn't help or does very little. We've also given to children in India, Africa, Laos, Vietnam to name a few - and we are just two people out of God's people on earth. There are millions of us. We do things behind the scenes that you do not know about. Some nights I am awake praying for people I've never met in my life.

You don't know what God does because you have not eyes to see what He is doing. God's love was so great for people like you and me that He sent His Only Begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins so that we could be reconciled back to Him.

Jesus willingly went to that cross to pay for our sins and I have believed on Him as my Lord and my Savior and am very thankful for what He did for me. While you have rejected the offer of God's forgiveness through His Son I have accepted it. Therein I am rejoicing in Christ and am free from the misery of this world. The eagle in my avatar is a picture of my freedom in Christ.

You on the other hand are a very unhappy man, with an avatar of a car that is snowed in - a picture of a man being stranded and hopeless with some wise guy standing in front of him and his car saying your still not going anywhere. If that were not enough the caption of your avatar says "Pointless." It is a picture of you. You're mocking yourself. The man with the broken down life is you. The man mocking the man with the broken down life is you. It represents how deeply you hate yourself, but you cannot admit that and so you turn your hatred towards God and blame Him for your misery. You represent both men in that avatar. The broken man and the man mocking the broken man for his helpless estate. You may even envision God as the man who is mocking the man who is broken down. But that is a warped perception of God because God does take pity on those who are lost and broken.....all he is waiting for is a "contrite" heart and then He will move and melt those barriers that have you walled in at this present time.

Your life is pointless because you have not submitted yourself to God to learn the purpose for your life. You refuse to humble yourself and beg God to help you. You brought up hell earlier. You hate the idea of hell because you know that you are going there.

You already know this and it makes you even more miserable because the clock is ticking and... time is running out. You need to admit that you are a sinner, that you have rebelled against God and sincerely plead to God to have mercy upon you for your ignorance.

What I see about you is that if you would humble yourself and weep before God and tell Him your trouble, your sorrows, your pain, your deep feeling of loss and sorrow - that He would comfort you and send His Holy Spirit to draw you to His Son therein saving you from eternal damnation and making you His Own. Wouldn't you like that? Wouldn't that be better than permitting the demons within you to destroy you completely?

Just one cry to Jesus Christ and He can snap those chains of depression in an instant and set you free. Keep reading these devotionals, Campbell. God desires to speak to you and I believe by your response here that He already is.

You see, you would not become so angry over a video of a Potter and the Clay - a picture of God - and the message it contained - if it were not for the fact that it has deeply effected you. It has touch that nerve in you that cries out, Do not tell me that I am wrong! I already know that I am wrong! I do not want to know any more than I already know! I do not want to feel the conviction I am feeling right now! I do not like how that message made me face myself and see the sinner that I am! I am angry now! Very, very angry! Yes, this is how I know you are close to salvation now. God is breaking down the defenses with the revelation of his love. He is showing you who He is. And.....He is showing you yourself. Oh wretched man am I! (there are none among us who have not experienced that moment before salvation or even afterward) Who will deliver me from this body of sin and death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ it has been done - all we must do is believe upon Him by faith. We are justified by faith. See the scriptures on salvation (Romans 10:9,10).

Let God do what He must in order to save you, Campbell. You've beat yourself up long enough. Drop your defenses, surrender and let Him in. You've been fighting God long enough. It's time to admit He has outlasted you and thank God for it because without Him? There would indeed be no hope for you. Pointless would be the epitaph of your life.

Last edited:

My husband and I send support to children in a country (Romania) where the govt. doesn't help or does very little. We've also given to children in India, Africa, Laos, Vietnam to name a few - and we are just two people out of God's people on earth. There are millions of us. We do things behind the scenes that you do not know about. Some nights I am awake praying for people I've never met in my life.

You don't know what God does because you have not eyes to see what He is doing. God's love was so great for people like you and me that He sent His Only Begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins so that we could be reconciled back to Him.

Jesus willingly went to that cross to pay for our sins and I have believed on Him as my Lord and my Savior and am very thankful for what He did for me. While you have rejected the offer of God's forgiveness through His Son I have accepted it. Therein I am rejoicing in Christ and am free from the misery of this world. The eagle in my avatar is a picture of my freedom in Christ.

You on the other hand are a very unhappy man, with an avatar of a car that is snowed in - a picture of a man being stranded and hopeless with some wise guy standing in front of him and his car saying your still not going anywhere. If that were not enough the caption of your avatar says "Pointless." It is a picture of you. You're mocking yourself. The man with the broken down life is you. The man mocking the man with the broken down life is you. It represents how deeply you hate yourself, but you cannot admit that and so you turn your hatred towards God and blame Him for your misery. You represent both men in that avatar. The broken man and the man mocking the broken man for his helpless estate. You may even envision God as the man who is mocking the man who is broken down. But that is a warped perception of God because God does take pity on those who are lost and broken.....all he is waiting for is a "contrite" heart and then He will move and melt those barriers that have you walled in at this present time.

Your life is pointless because you have not submitted yourself to God to learn the purpose for your life. You refuse to humble yourself and beg God to help you. You brought up hell earlier. You hate the idea of hell because you know that you are going there.

You already know this and it makes you even more miserable because the clock is ticking and... time is running out. You need to admit that you are a sinner, that you have rebelled against God and sincerely plead to God to have mercy upon you for your ignorance.

What I see about you is that if you would humble yourself and weep before God and tell Him your trouble, your sorrows, your pain, your deep feeling of loss and sorrow - that He would comfort you and send His Holy Spirit to draw you to His Son therein saving you from eternal damnation and making you His Own. Wouldn't you like that? Wouldn't that be better than permitting the demons within you to destroy you completely?

Just one cry to Jesus Christ and He can snap those chains of depression in an instant and set you free. Keep reading these devotionals, Campbell. God desires to speak to you and I believe by your response here that He already is.

You see, you would not become so angry over a video of a Potter and the Clay - a picture of God - and the message it contained - if it were not for the fact that it has deeply effected you. It has touch that nerve in you that cries out, Do not tell me that I am wrong! I already know that I am wrong! I do not want to know any more than I already know! I do not want to feel the conviction I am feeling right now! I do not like how that message made me face myself and see the sinner that I am! I am angry now! Very, very angry! Yes, this is how I know you are close to salvation now. God is breaking down the defenses with the revelation of his love. He is showing you who He is. And.....He is showing you yourself. Oh wretched man am I! (there are none among us who have not experienced that moment before salvation or even afterward) Who will deliver me from this body of sin and death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ it has been done - all we must do is believe upon Him by faith. We are justified by faith. See the scriptures on salvation (Romans 10:9,10).

Let God do what He must in order to save you, Campbell. You've beat yourself up long enough. Drop your defenses, surrender and let Him in. You've been fighting God long enough. It's time to admit He has outlasted you and thank God for it because without Him? There would indeed be no hope for you. Pointless would be the epitaph of your life.
I do not like how that message made me face myself and see the sinner that I am!

speaking to someone else ... might be misinterpreted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back