Dad Arrested for Protecting Son!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, May 2, 2005.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Any bets on how many people are going to say, "your story is from one of those right-wing sites - I don't believe it?"

I checked it out and the story appears to be totally true, but you know the board liberals that don't want to hear anything negative like this will say you or the site posting the article made this up....

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Yup--ole Billy gets written off a lot--I bet he laughs last.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    ill give ya 3 to 1 odds that principal plays for the other team

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I checked it out too, Boston Globe wrote on it:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../04/29/arrested_father_had_point_to_make?pg=2

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I'll take the bet. Look at her picture.

This is what you subject your children to in American public schools. So much for American freedom. Object to your child being subjected to gay propaganda, and you will be ARRESTED! That is INCREDIBLE. We are not living in the land Washington, Jefferson or Adams fought to make, that's for sure.

7. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    the parents are completely responsible for this happening. If you don't want something taught in your public schools, you don't protest to the principal, you go for the school board. The school board (in most cities I know of) are elected officials and they will want to keep their jobs. If they don't listen, you vote them out or run against them.

8. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Yeah, and they're the ones voting to teach "creation science" along with evolutionary science in public schools. If that's not the dumbing down of America, I don't know what is.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    would somebody kindly post the article? My Network Nazis are working over-time :(

10. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Here you go my friend. From Boston Globe:

Arrested father had point to make

April 29, 2005

'We're not intolerant," said Tonia Parker. ''We love all people. That is part of our faith."

A handful of supporters of the Parker family appeared at the courthouse yesterday, including Brian Camenker, director of Article 8 Alliance. The group, which opposes same-sex marriage, posted e-mail exchanges between the Parkers and school officials on the matter on its website. Camenker said Parker contacted him in January.

The case drew interest across the state yesterday.

Governor Mitt Romney, an opponent of same-sex marriage, said: ''Schools under our parental-notification law are required to inform parents . . . of matters relating to human sexuality that may be taught in the classroom and to allow that child to be out of the classroom for that period of the education."

Romney said he supports parents' right to know, though he declined to speak specifically about the Parker case.

Thomas B. Griffiths, Lexington School Committee chairman, said parents of older students are notified in advance when sex education will be taught.

''We don't view telling a child that there is a family out there with two mommies as teaching about homosexuality, heterosexuality, or any kind of sexuality," he said. ''We are teaching about the realities of where different children come from."

The bag of books promoting diversity is sent home with one student at a time, said Rachel F. Cortez, copresident of the Estabrook parent-teacher association and a member of the school's Anti-Bias Committee.

Parents received notice about the book bag at the beginning of the year and the date that it was scheduled to be sent home with their child. The bag's contents also were put on display at a back-to-school night earlier in the school year, she said, and parents are not required to have their child bring it home.

''The kids don't have to take them [the materials] home," she said. ''Parents can either opt out entirely or use whatever materials they want."

Tonia Parker said yesterday she attended back-to-school night, but was not told about the bag or its contents.

David Parker said the topic of Wednesday's meeting was not about the book bag, but about concerns that his son could be exposed to more books and lessons about ''gay-headed" households.

''We're not giving unfettered access to the psyche of our son when he enters the school," said Tonia Parker.