D-Day Memorial

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I, for one, am going to be watching this with a very critcal eye. I hope the french will put down the bullshit for one day and honor the western troops for saving thier country. If they can't be grateful and respectful for ONE DAY, they are truly just _____
Fill in choice word.

I hope they will as well. I was beyond pissed when they messed with the graves of our soldiers a year or two ago-disgusting. I hope some of them realize that they would not have the freedoms they do without the help they got from the U.S. My grandpa fought in WW2 in Germany and I have the utmost respect for that whole generation.

It goes both ways.

Yes they would be eating alot more chocolate and speaking German today if it wasn't for us.

However all, I really do think we owe the French our exsistance, we just couldn't have won the Revolutionary War without them.

We did owe them gratitude after our war for independence and we have responded gratitude. They now choose to bow whichever way the wind blows and look only for personal gain.I don't really care what they do from here on out . They have just lost any respect I had for them as an ally and I will be REALLY PISSED if they do anything to disgrace our troops at Normandy!!!

exactly. We have shown great gratitude towards France for helping us during the Revolution. Like helping them in WW1 and WW2 not to mention spending millions of dollars on rebuilding Europe. We have never harbored any ill will towards France until they have shown resent for us.

yeah, really. If france pulls anything dishonorable to the D-Day vets, ohhh, that would be it. France has fell in two world wars so a. I cant see how they can be proud of their country being that vulnerable b. We saved them..twice. I dont think they realize that without us they could be part of Germany. Seriously, it was very realistic back then. I work as a bag-boy at a commissary on an Army post, and everyonce in awhile there are veterans that walk in with a missing limb, buying a loaf of bread, obviously done something more extraordinary than I will ever wish to do. I cant help but stare in awe and disbelief that now French people are disgracing them.

Forum List

Back