D-Day jumper, then and now

I was thinking about that today. My uncle invaded Normandy, and often, if he fell asleep in his chair, he'd have nightmares and be right back there. It wasn't pretty. From what I saw, they were probably getting shelled.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I was thinking about that today. My uncle invaded Normandy, and often, if he fell asleep in his chair, he'd have nightmares and be right back there. It wasn't pretty. From what I saw, they were probably getting shelled.
God bless your uncle.

God bless your uncle.

He was a good man. I wish I could be that good.
Be glad you had such a good man to know in your life and set an example. Neither of my grand-dads were in the military, but my Dad was in WWII. Just missed being at Pearl Harbor when it was hit, but had to steam in and help clean up the mess. Thankfully he wasn't there, or I might not be here.

Yeah they're disappearing. My father-in-law who passed away 14 years ago parachuted into Italy as a sniper and spent a couple of years in Stalag 2B Hammerstein after capture near Avellino. What a generation.

God bless him for his service.

Don't you just wish Capt. Bonespur was cut from the same cloth as Mueller?
staff-robert-mueller-donald-trump-marine-vietnam-awarded-medals-military-30861692.png

this%2Bjust%2Bin%2Bno%2Bone%2Bcares.jpg

Forum List

Back