Cute Things Kids Say

I was singing my 4 year old daughters favorite song to her, which she usually sings right back to me. Not this time, she looked up at me and said " whatever daddy". Smartass is 4 going on 16 .... :)

At that time I was. Their mom eventually moved back to town. I was still the custodial parent for a few years, but we shared custody when she came back. The girls are all grown up now, 19 and 21.

Congratulations! I'm sure well done. My youngest is graduating in 2 months from college. :lol: Made it through!

Congrats ! :)

Thank you! Getting three kids grown without going totally nuts or bankrupt, most fulfilling thing possible! :lol:

I was singing my 4 year old daughters favorite song to her, which she usually sings right back to me. Not this time, she looked up at me and said " whatever daddy". Smartass is 4 going on 16 .... :)

Now that is priceless! LOL! I'm telling you, dad's and daughters!

Just this afternoon, I was talking to my 3.5 year old son about his cold symptoms that started this morning.

I said: "It sounds like you are getting a cold."

And in his cute, hoarse voice he replied: "Yes. I have a cold because I eat lots of boogers."

:lol:

I have a ton of them, but yesterday I asked a student what was the capital of Indiana.

She said:

"Capital I " :lol:

I caught my nephew when he was 2 and a half going through the fridge one day. He had a thing of old cottage cheese in his hand.

I took it from from him and said "Ewww, don't touch that, it stinks."

To which he replied, "It's the Yankees?"

His mother and I damn near fell over laughing. Every relative was notified within the hour.

Yeah ... I think I'll keep him around.

He's smart.

I taught my son the difference between good and evil by showing him the Red Sox and Yankees logo, respectively.

Just this afternoon, I was talking to my 3.5 year old son about his cold symptoms that started this morning.

And in his cute, hoarse voice he replied: "Yes. I have a cold because I eat lots of boogers."

Tell him to only eat his own boogers, not anybody else's.

just this afternoon, i was talking to my 3.5 year old son about his cold symptoms that started this morning.

I said: "it sounds like you are getting a cold."

and in his cute, hoarse voice he replied: "yes. I have a cold because i eat lots of boogers."

rotflmao

We moved into our home when our son was about 2.

Since he still couldn't pronounce OUR, he used to refer to our wetlands as WEIR swamp.

To this day, that's the name I and his mother use to describe it, too.

Such gems as these are really what makes life worth living, I think.

Did he name Weirs Beach in New Hampshire?

Tell him to only eat his own boogers, not anybody else's.

To tell you the truth, after I stopped rolling on the floor laughing my ass off, I actually clarified with him that he had only been eating his own.

I just told my adult son and my hubby the Cold/booger story and they cracked up also.

I just told my adult son and my hubby the Cold/booger story and they cracked up also.

When I was in preschool...probably 4...my preschool teacher told me that boogers were poisonous.

I never again ate a booger, and I continued to have an uncomfortable idea in my head that boogers were poisonous even until high school, even though logically I new that wasn't the truth.

(Now, I am more of a pick, roll, and flick-behind-the-couch kind of guy.)

When I was in preschool...probably 4...my preschool teacher told me that boogers were poisonous.

I never again ate a booger, and I continued to have an uncomfortable idea in my head that boogers were poisonous even until high school, even though logically I new that wasn't the truth.

(Now, I am more of a pick, roll, and flick-behind-the-couch kind of guy.)

People tell kids evil things to make it easy on themselves. I found telling my son the scientific truth always paid off.

Our 5 year old daughter was about 3 at the time, and somehow the button on the remote must have been pressed and the TV turned itself on while she was walking right past it. She jumps from being startled, gets a perplexed look on her face and says "what the fuck??"

My son has had a fascination with Abraham Lincoln since he was a toddler. When he was 3, we went as a family to the Ford Theatre in the District. The next day, we climbed the many steps to reach the Lincoln Memorial. When we got to the top and we were staring at the massive statue of Lincoln, he turned to us and with a very puzzled look on his face asked, "How did he turn into stone?" True story...

:eusa_eh: Wonder where she heard that before? :eusa_shifty:
Probably me. That's practically my motto. Was my dad's too.

I make an effort not to curse around the kids, but sometimes things slip out. She's certainly not known for using bad words, she usually corrects me on it. It was just funny to hear her actually use it at that particular time when she normally never does.

Forum List

Back