Cute Things Kids Say

When my oldest daughter was about 4, she was in the bathroom and let out a bloodcurdling scream. I ran in and found that the cause was a cricket. I caught the cricket and let it outside, then returned to the bathroom. She looked up at me and said, "I thought I only had to pee, but that cricket scared the shit out of me".
I almost died laughing.

o this happened to a friend of mine....his son....was at the age where playing with matches was one of his favorite vices...to protect the family and prevent the burning down of the house....friend puts a fire alarm in his son's bedroom...son is watching him with total earnest...asks what he is doing...friend states...he is putting in a camera that can see what is going on in the bedroom cause they know the little one has been playing with matches...litte one asks "can it see in the closet"

follow up...little one is now grown and the house has never burned to ground

When my oldest daughter was about 4, she was in the bathroom and let out a bloodcurdling scream. I ran in and found that the cause was a cricket. I caught the cricket and let it outside, then returned to the bathroom. She looked up at me and said, "I thought I only had to pee, but that cricket scared the shit out of me".
I almost died laughing.

That story, which nearly made ME pee, reminded me of when I was probably around 7 or 8. Taking a bath, just got out to get towel. Saw a shadow, then a moth hit me in the face. I started screaming, jumped back in the tub, turned on the shower, still screaming. My dad banging on the door. Wanted to know what was wrong, pounding on door. Breaking door. A moth. An oak door. LOL! He locked himself in his room the rest of the night.

I almost died laughing.

That story, which nearly made ME pee, reminded me of when I was probably around 7 or 8. Taking a bath, just got out to get towel. Saw a shadow, then a moth hit me in the face. I started screaming, jumped back in the tub, turned on the shower, still screaming. My dad banging on the door. Wanted to know what was wrong, pounding on door. Breaking door. A moth. An oak door. LOL! He locked himself in his room the rest of the night.
Was he crying?

i was driving my son to kindergarten one morning......we were listing to barney cd or some such thing.....as i am pulling thourgh a 4 way stop a dued runs the light, cuts my off and keeps right on going.....i slam on the brakes and my son says.....

stupid bastard..........

not long after that we were at a sidewalk cafe having breakfast o n a lovely spring day.....my son ores a pancake with syrup ..... the place is packed.....he gets his pancake and befor e he can start eating a bee lands on it and starts slurping up the syrup.....

he turns to me and says.......

ah shit.....

i blame this all on his mother.....:lol:

Last edited:
When my cousin's daughter was about 3 or four,she used to always say goodye as "hasta la cha cha" instead of "hasta luego muchacha".

She also used ask if she could have peeps and flowers for a snack. Later we caught on that she meant. grapes and broccoli.

I almost died laughing.

Was he crying?

He did that three times that I remember, one I won't talk about; the second involved totaling a car and leaving it in the garage for him to find in the morning. In each case, I got the distinct impression it was to keep me safe and him out of jail. :eusa_angel:

OK, maybe this one isn't cute, but it is reality.
My daughter was 13 at the time. I had purchased some feminine hygiene products about a year ago, and had them under the bathroom sink for whenever that day arrived. I get home from work one day and my daughter tells me, "Dad I need to talk to you". I sit down, and she just blurts it out--- those sanitary napkins you bought suck. You need to go to the store and get something better for me. Oh, by the way, I started my period today.

Was he crying?

He did that three times that I remember, one I won't talk about; the second involved totaling a car and leaving it in the garage for him to find in the morning. In each case, I got the distinct impression it was to keep me safe and him out of jail. :eusa_angel:
Tease.

My daughter was 13 at the time. I had purchased some feminine hygiene products about a year ago, and had them under the bathroom sink for whenever that day arrived. I get home from work one day and my daughter tells me, "Dad I need to talk to you". I sit down, and she just blurts it out--- those sanitary napkins you bought suck. You need to go to the store and get something better for me. Oh, by the way, I started my period today.

"Always" dad, always. Best brand, keep them in my drawer at school for all the jr. high girls. :lol:

"Always" dad, always. Best brand, keep them in my drawer at school for all the jr. high girls. :lol:

Haha, I had to stand in that section of the grocery store for about 30 minutes until I got up the nerve to ask a woman for some assistance. Fortunately, the first woman I asked didn't think I was just some sort of deviant creepazoid. She was very helpful.

Haha, I had to stand in that section of the grocery store for about 30 minutes until I got up the nerve to ask a woman for some assistance. Fortunately, the first woman I asked didn't think I was just some sort of deviant creepazoid. She was very helpful.

I'm assuming you are raising your daughter on your own? I had 1 girl, 2 boys. Luckily the boys never asked me for anything of that nature. :eek: Boys are easier, even for a mom. ;)

I'm assuming you are raising your daughter on your own? I had 1 girl, 2 boys. Luckily the boys never asked me for anything of that nature. :eek: Boys are easier, even for a mom. ;)

At that time I was. Their mom eventually moved back to town. I was still the custodial parent for a few years, but we shared custody when she came back. The girls are all grown up now, 19 and 21.

At that time I was. Their mom eventually moved back to town. I was still the custodial parent for a few years, but we shared custody when she came back. The girls are all grown up now, 19 and 21.

Congratulations! I'm sure well done. My youngest is graduating in 2 months from college. :lol: Made it through!

Congratulations! I'm sure well done. My youngest is graduating in 2 months from college. :lol: Made it through!

Congrats ! :)

Forum List

Back