Curious.Will An Oven Actually Implode By Putting A Frozen Turkey In At 500 Degrees?

well for some people on this planet, apparently they blew up their kitchen in attempt of a wonderful/peaceful/family dinner
I don't understand how that would (could) cause an explosion. Rapid melting, boiling liquid in the roasting pan. The pressure might cause the oven door to flap open.

If anyone understands the pyro-dynamics of the alleged explosion I would be most interested in learning about it.

well for some people on this planet, apparently they blew up their kitchen in attempt of a wonderful/peaceful/family dinner
I don't understand how that would (could) cause an explosion. Rapid melting, boiling liquid in the roasting pan. The pressure might cause the oven door to flap open.

If anyone understands the pyro-dynamics of the alleged explosion I would be most interested in learning about it.
i would pay to watch beevis and butthead attempt to bake a frozen 40 pound turkey

If you drop a frozen turkey into a pot of hot grease the ensuing reaction would be because of the ice hitting the hot oil, it has nothing to do with it being a turkey. You can get a small reaction of the same thing by dropping frozen french fries into hot grease. It will pop and sizzle. When you do it on a large scale, it will pop and send oil over the side of the pan. This will catch fire when it hits the flame.

I repeat, a frozen turkey CANNOT catch fire. It can merely cause one when combined with hot oil and a shallow pan.

The title said will it IMPLODE, not EXplode. I assume the OP is referring to a vacuum being created in the oven?

Forum List

Back