Cuban Missile "Crisis" Replay

Clearly, your head is too mired in your blind ASSumptions to entertain any opposing views. Like most "independents" on this board you are firmly entrenched in the democrat party line.
Right, everyone who disagrees with you must be a Democrat. You're not crazy at all.

The cold war is generally accepted as ending in 1989 with the fall of the Berlin Wall. The end of the Cold War
Fourteen former soviet republics have joined NATO--all since 1991. The USSR would never have allowed one of their republics to join the opposition. SMFH. The 14 Former Soviet and Soviet-aligned Republics That Joined NATO After the Cold War – 24/7 Wall St.
Have you not studied history. Lucky for you, many on this board lived through it and remember it well.

You said other nations, you did not say which nations.

For one who thinks he knows a lot, you sure have a shallow thought process.

The US.S.R. brutalized and used these nations when they were in power. Secret police, tribunals, intense corruption, no freedom of religion, thought, speech or politics. These nations, once they gained freedom, joined NATO so they could be sure that when the Phoenix rose from the ashes, they would have protection from their former slave master. Obviously, they chose pro-democracy, pro-freedom western allies in NATO.

Pardon me? Have you been drinking again? Where did I say other nations. I said Fourteen former soviet republics have joined NATO. The USSR would not allow one of their republics to join NATO. You said other soviet republics joined NATO prior to the end of the cold war. You are clearly misinformed.

Hey, settle down bitch, I accidentally quoted you, not Marvin Martian.

While you're on the subject, I clearly explained why FORMER republics joined NATO. If you can't see the logic, I'm sorry for you.

Russia is only doing what our own government would do if they flooded our sphere of influence with weapons.
In other words you have no idea what happened. The US did not court the eastern European countries to join NATO; once the USSR set them free they lobbied NATO to join because they had been held captive by Russia for 45 years and they afraid Russia would come after the again. NATO didn't flood these states with weapons. NATO member states must spend 2% of their GDP on defense, but there are no other NATO troops or weapons in their countries unless they invited them. There are no Nuclear weapons in any former Soviet state.

once the USSR set them free they lobbied NATO to join because they had been held captive by Russia for 45 years
So why, pray tell, did Ukraine not join NATO as fourteen other former soviet republics have since 1991? Ukraine is not our ally nor a NATO member. We have no obligation to this rogue republic. Maybe they shouldn't have straddled the fence---but you'd know all about that, eh?

So why, pray tell, did Ukraine not join NATO as fourteen other former soviet republics have since 1991? Ukraine is not our ally nor a NATO member. We have no obligation to this rogue republic. Maybe they shouldn't have straddled the fence---but you'd know all about that, eh?
Ukraine showed no interest in joining NATO until Russia invaded Georgia in 2008. When Ukraine applied there was bipartisan support in the US for admitting Ukraine, but France and Germany blocked its admission into NATO for fear of offending Putin. If Ukraine had been admitted, there would be no war in Ukraine today.

Ukraine showed no interest in joining NATO until Russia invaded Georgia in 2008. When Ukraine applied there was bipartisan support in the US for admitting Ukraine, but France and Germany blocked its admission into NATO for fear of offending Putin. If Ukraine had been admitted, there would be no war in Ukraine today.
Link? I suppose France and Germany just all of a sudden opposed it for fear of offending Putin over Ukraine but not over the other 14 nations? You logic makes no sense.

Ukraine following the 2010 presidential election in which Viktor Yanukovych, who preferred to keep the country non-aligned Yanukovych fled Ukraine in February 2014.[6] The interim Yatseniuk Government which came to power initially said, with reference to the country's non-aligned status, that it had no plans to join NATO. From your link. They didn't even want to join NATO after Russia annexed Crimea, indeed, wasn't too important until 2019 when Russia decided they wanted more than an easement to Crimea--they wanted to own Donbass with their pro Russian populace. It is a war between neighboring countries that is not ours. Still, you have shown nothing but lip service--why don't you commit yourself and go personally to help them and leave my tax $$ alone.

The current US involvement in Ukraine is being played out exactly like JFK's Cuban Missile "Crisis" in 1962. For those who don't remember, Russia (aka USSR) wanted US missiles removed from Turkey, so it started sending missiles to Cuba. Premier Krushchev correctly sized up JFK as a lightweight President who would fold under pressure, so he made him agree to a secret deal to remove the missiles from Turkey. In return, JFK got to pretend he was a tough guy by getting the Russians to remove their missiles from Cuba.

In the current situation, Russia has invaded Ukraine in order to prevent it from joining NATO. Like JFK, President Biden is getting to pretend he is a tough guy before he makes a secret deal with Putin to never allow Ukraine into NATO (and other concessions). In both cases, US Presidents will have traded their country's long-term strategic interests for their own political gains.
Ya wanna know a secret. They removed them. MOST of them. There's one pointing at HAFB(was pointing to the everglades Herc-Nike site), one at Tallahassee and one at Pensacola.
Fidel never had any more issues with TGS Inc(nlc).

Forum List

Back