Crysis3 a real disappointment

Well Crysis 3 comes through Origin, and that was a long download. I had to upgrade to Windows 8 to play Crysis 3, since it wouldn't work with my 64 bit version of XP. Then it took me 2 days to download 11 gigs of gameplay for Skyrim. Luckily, I backed up my saved games. I can only download from 2 AM to 7 AM eastern standard time, and even then, I am lucky to get a download speed of 200 kilobytes per second.

I understand what you're saying, Bleipriester, but still it will take some time. The thing that irritates me is that I can download the game from the CD/DVD but can't play it until I'm forced to take all the upgrades from Origin. I am already sick of these anti-piracy gaming platforms like Steam and Origin.

Well Crysis 3 comes through Origin, and that was a long download. I had to upgrade to Windows 8 to play Crysis 3, since it wouldn't work with my 64 bit version of XP. Then it took me 2 days to download 11 gigs of gameplay for Skyrim. Luckily, I backed up my saved games. I can only download from 2 AM to 7 AM eastern standard time, and even then, I am lucky to get a download speed of 200 kilobytes per second.

I understand what you're saying, Bleipriester, but still it will take some time. The thing that irritates me is that I can download the game from the CD/DVD but can't play it until I'm forced to take all the upgrades from Origin. I am already sick of these anti-piracy gaming platforms like Steam and Origin.
Yes, you can save the downloaded files and use it for a new install. Just tell Origin to install it right there, where you have stored the Crysis folder, right cklick the game icon in Origin and choose Donwload. Should take a few minutes only.
With BF3 I can play the campain without downloading the patches (I firstly couldn´t due to volume limitation of my connection).
Anti-Piracy? It is not harder to pirate Origin or Steam games but online distribution gives more sells and less costs. The Developers of Risen said they sold more copies of Risen via Steam in a few days after they started to sell it there than in one year of retail sells.

Regarding Steam, I have heard from others that as soon as you get your particular game loaded, you can go in and uninstall Steam, then play your game all you want. I have never tried that because I do like to occasionally purchase some DLC's, which have become quite expensive with Skyrim, and though the content is good, I don't see where the $20 price is any justification.

Regarding Steam, I have heard from others that as soon as you get your particular game loaded, you can go in and uninstall Steam, then play your game all you want. I have never tried that because I do like to occasionally purchase some DLC's, which have become quite expensive with Skyrim, and though the content is good, I don't see where the $20 price is any justification.
I can not even launch games directly from the exe, when Steam isn´t running. So how should that work when you have Steam deinstalled? Well, I prefer to install the game once via Steam, get some "Fixed exe" and have it portable...

Forum List

Back