Dead Space 3: XBox Freezing...

WorldWatcher

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
VA
>

This is starting to really suck. Freezing at random points in the game and because there is no manual save provision (I freaking hate autosave) you have to go back over and over and over again and reply back through and maybe get a little farther, maybe not. But you again freeze and have to go back to the last autosave.

I swear on a stack of Bibles that I tried to make it through the Conning Tower side mission at least two dozen times and it would freeze at different locations each time. I finally made it to Lt. Edwards location and kicked some ass, but if froze again before I could exit the deck and return to the tram.

Finally I bypassed mid station figuring I'd go back again later and it still frees at the aft station. I'm finally to the point where I have to go to the Roanoke for the flight data recorders.

But man this is pissing me off and it's sad considering how much I loved Dead Space and Dead Space 2. I'm not thrilled with the new Work Bench resource management system but I'll figure that out more effectively with more game time.

REF: The XBox was purchased new Dec 2011 so it's not one of the older models and has the 250GB drive and has never had any freezing issues on any other game.

>>>>

Last edited:
>

This is starting to really suck. Freezing at random points in the game and because there is no manual save provision (I freaking hate autosave) you have to go back over and over and over again and reply back through and maybe get a little farther, maybe not. But you again freeze and have to go back to the last autosave.

I swear on a stack of Bibles that I tried to make it through the Conning Tower side mission at least two dozen times and it would freeze at different locations each time. I finally made it to Lt. Edwards location and kicked some ass, but if froze again before I could exit the deck and return to the tram.

Finally I bypassed mid station figuring I'd go back again later and it still frees at the aft station. I'm finally to the point where I have to go to the Roanoke for the flight data recorders.

But man this is pissing me off and it's sad considering how much I loved Dead Space and Dead Space 2. I'm not thrilled with the new Work Bench resource management system but I'll figure that out more effectively with more game time.

REF: The XBox was purchased new Dec 2011 so it's not one of the older models and has the 250GB drive and has never had any freezing issues on any other game.

>>>>

Is there anything you add to the game after you load it?

I only ask because I was having freezing issues in NHL 13 on the ps3, and it turned out to be because of the custom music option. As long as I either don't use that, or use music it likes, I have no issues.

This probably doesn't help you at all, just thought I'd toss it out there on the off chance it does. :)

>

>>>>

Is there anything you add to the game after you load it?

I only ask because I was having freezing issues in NHL 13 on the ps3, and it turned out to be because of the custom music option. As long as I either don't use that, or use music it likes, I have no issues.

This probably doesn't help you at all, just thought I'd toss it out there on the off chance it does. :)

Nope, out of the box. I got the Planet Cracker Pulse Cutter and the N7 suit because it detected a complete Dead Space 2 game on the rig.

I had to completely skip the optional mission for the Conning Tower and it still froze during the rest of Disk 1 (but I worked my way through). Now on Disk 2 and just completed the 2nd Snowbeast Boss Fight and I'm on the Supply Depot side mission now.

I think there may have been only 1 freeze so far on Disk 2 so it's behaving much better now.

>>>>

Forum List

Back