Crysis3 a real disappointment

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The single player looks great. Its fun as well but incredibly easy, even on supersoldier.

As to the multiplayer, well it's a roll of the dice. The connection issues on consoles are many. With such terrible lag its just not enjoyable.

Hopefully a patch will come soon but im not gonna hold my breath since it's EA.

The single player looks great. Its fun as well but incredibly easy, even on supersoldier.

As to the multiplayer, well it's a roll of the dice. The connection issues on consoles are many. With such terrible lag its just not enjoyable.

How long did it take you to complete on supersoldier?

• Banned

I actually haven't completed the sp yet.

Took off early today to prepare for the foot of snow we're supposed to get. Got all the trash hauled off to the dump so it doesn't get burried. Groceries stocked up and firewood pulled up close to the back door. SO the next day and a half will be a gaming and snow shoveling marathon. As long as it doesn't start out as ice and power lines go down from the weight.

Took off early today to prepare for the foot of snow we're supposed to get. Got all the trash hauled off to the dump so it doesn't get burried. Groceries stocked up and firewood pulled up close to the back door. SO the next day and a half will be a gaming and snow shoveling marathon. As long as it doesn't start out as ice and power lines go down from the weight.

Nice. If you have the time, let me know how it goes because if it's too easy at the hardest level, then I doubt if I want to play it. I want the hardest level to beat me unless I cheat.

That's how I get better.

• Banned

Nice. If you have the time, let me know how it goes because if it's too easy at the hardest level, then I doubt if I want to play it. I want the hardest level to beat me unless I cheat.

That's how I get better.

At least rent it. It's a fun game. I also heard after you beat it on supersoldier it unlocks an even harder difficulty. No nanno suit would be my guess.

Crysis 2 was disappointing, too. It was made only for the mass market.

Crysis was superior in graphics, physics and playing demands. But don´t try it on consoles, it was made with Cryengine 3 lacking of graphical and physical features and looks bad.

Here is a map made to demonstrate Crysis 1 (PC) original physical abilities, amazing:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=appuZ8A6l0U][HD] Crysis - PHYSICS MAP - YouTube[/ame]

Crysis was superior in graphics, physics and playing demands. But don´t try it on consoles, it was made with Cryengine 3 lacking of graphical and physical features and looks bad.

Yep...Crysis was amazing and waaaay ahead of the curve in graphics.
The problem with XBox is it is made by Microsoft...which means they will keep selling and reselling the same thing over and over and over...leaving us generations behind where consoles should be. Especially graphics. XBox graphics are about where PC's were 13 years ago.

Yep...Crysis was amazing and waaaay ahead of the curve in graphics.
The problem with XBox is it is made by Microsoft...which means they will keep selling and reselling the same thing over and over and over...leaving us generations behind where consoles should be. Especially graphics. XBox graphics are about where PC's were 13 years ago.
The AMD graphics adapter of the XBOX 360 is comparable to a HD 2900 graphics card for PC. Not that bad but it´s all water under the bridge.

123951d1342609368-konsole-vs-pc-games4.png

The problem is that Microsoft and Sony (and Nintendo) do not earn anything by simply selling the consoles. This is why they wait with new consoles and for them use cheap hardware.

"Xbox 360 and PS3 have cost Microsoft and Sony a combined total of $8 billion, according to a new article penned by industry veteran Ben Cousins.
"Consoles like Xboxes, PlayStations & the Wii U are sold at a loss”, said Cousins. “It costs more to manufacture and distribute the device than it is sold for. Console manufacturers do this because they hope to make back the money from the license fee they charge for every game sold on the system."
Xbox 360 and PS3 losses total $8 billion, ex-Sony employee paints grim future | VG247

Last edited:
You guys are aware that new consoles are coming this fall right? PS4 has already been announced and XBox's announcement is in a couple weeks. Their respective specs are not far off an average computer.

The PS3's problem was it's cell processor was difficult to program for and Microsofts peoblem was it's initial failure rate from overheating.

The architecture of the new systems is supposed to make them very accessible for both developers as well as the indies.

Having said that I believe this will be the last generation for consoles as we know them. Digital distribution and cloud gaming are on the way.

You guys are aware that new consoles are coming this fall right? PS4 has already been announced and XBox's announcement is in a couple weeks. Their respective specs are not far off an average computer.

The PS3's problem was it's cell processor was difficult to program for and Microsofts peoblem was it's initial failure rate from overheating.

The architecture of the new systems is supposed to make them very accessible for both developers as well as the indies.

Having said that I believe this will be the last generation for consoles as we know them. Digital distribution and cloud gaming are on the way.
That is very late. As PC-Gamer I have been waiting for new consoles a long time.
Most games are made for consoles and then "converted" for PC what means little or no graphical improvements for the most games on PC.

Battlefield 3 players 2012 global and at bfstats.com:
bf3_active_players.png

I realize this discussion is somewhat old by now, but I have the PC version of Crysis 3. I haven't finished it but might as well say I have, since I am at the last boss level to defeat the Alpha Ceph. I played at the middle level and went through it in a week. The game was way too short, and I hated the fact that it was set up just like the Battlefield and Call of Duty games in that you can't save your gameplay when you want to save it. You make one mistake or get hit by a sniper, wielding a Gauss rifle you don't see, and you have to repeat the same scenario over and over again.

I no longer buy the Battlefield and COD games because of the lack of saving the game ability, and I will no longer buy anymore of the Crysis games.

I should have taken heed when I noticed the first picture of Prophet shooting the compound bow. Wrong. You don't shoot a compound bow with 3 fingers. You use a bow release, but I just put it off as the game designers not being familiar with the compound bow.

At the highest draw weight, I did like using the bow in the game. That was one way of making sure the enemies went down the first time.

I don't play on line. I have too slow of a connection to even attemtp that one.

Last edited:

That is very late. As PC-Gamer I have been waiting for new consoles a long time.
Most games are made for consoles and then "converted" for PC what means little or no graphical improvements for the most games on PC.

Battlefield 3 players 2012 global and at bfstats.com:
bf3_active_players.png

I don't do consoles, only PC. I was by Gamestop the other day and noticed how you can rarely find a PC game. Everything has gone to consoles. The guy behind the counter told me that if I wanted to play the game on PC, I would have to download the game, something I can't do with a satellite system.

PC's are the way to go if you want any decent graphics.

I don't do consoles, only PC. I was by Gamestop the other day and noticed how you can rarely find a PC game. Everything has gone to consoles. The guy behind the counter told me that if I wanted to play the game on PC, I would have to download the game, something I can't do with a satellite system.

PC's are the way to go if you want any decent graphics.
Me too, and due to my mobile Internet I have the same issue :)
But the guy is wrong. Using Steam you also can install from the DVD you purchased by using the the parameter -install. Of course, you must be online.
So if your DVD is in drive H, you must type this to launch:
Steam.exe -install H:

Note that the Command Prompt maybe does not accept the Programs (x86) folder. In that case, you have to open the steam folder manually via the cd command. Type cmd in your start menu´s search box and do the following:
cmdsw.jpg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe -install h:

Patches however are only available by download through Steam.
I don´t knnow about Ubisoft´s U Play but with EA´s Origin you can natively install from DVD, when a DVD is included in the box (Battlefield 3 DLCs are available by download only).

Some new games are still available without a platform like Steam.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back