Cruz crushes field in presidential straw poll at Values Voters Summit

Cruz crushes field in presidential straw poll at Values Voters Summit

yeah, cuz it certainly helped previous tee potty faves like Bachmann, $arah, Santorum ...

I hope he runs.

Oh please, oh please, oh please ....

Let's get the Clown Car filled up and ready for the games to begin.

Anybody else find it ironic that they've pinned everything on the guy that is most exactly like Obama, in Tea Party form? Everything they objected about. "Rock Star." "Charisma." Right on down to one-term in the Senate.

Conservatives would love a republican presidential candidate exactly like Obama.

yeah, cuz it certainly helped previous tee potty faves like Bachmann, $arah, Santorum ...

I hope he runs.

Oh please, oh please, oh please ....

Let's get the Clown Car filled up and ready for the games to begin.

Anybody else find it ironic that they've pinned everything on the guy that is most exactly like Obama, in Tea Party form? Everything they objected about. "Rock Star." "Charisma." Right on down to one-term in the Senate.

Conservatives would love a republican presidential candidate exactly like Obama.

I think they already do!

This is gonna be oodles of fun. :)

If I never see another presidential candidate or president from Texas it will be way to soon!!!!!! As far as I can tell Cruz is only marginally more intelligent than Perry, however he is way behind bush in the intelligence department. That pretty much says it all.

Cruz is still an unknown to most of us. Until there are debates, it is difficult to determine what the candidate thinks and id you are going to back a responsible person you had thought you would.

Would Cruz even make it that far? Don't know. I just know I would like to know more.

I think they already do!

This is gonna be oodles of fun. :)

I would be dumbfounded if any candidate could sink to the depths of Obama. (To be quite honest)

Do people genuinely believe Cruz has a reasonable chance at winning a general election? Honestly. I just don't see him as an electable candidate. The same way I don't see Elizabeth Warren as an electable candidate.

But whatever, if he gets the nomination...that's really great news for the Democrats!

You never know what can happen in three years. I find him intriguing because I believe the man in sincere and he believes in much the same as I. I think we may even find this man has integrity which is hard to find in politics.

But Elizabeth Warren is the polar opposite. She lacks the integrity although you may believe in her politics.

Dude. He is not sincere. You are going to be disappointed.

Note to Republicans

Your Congressmen and Senators have destroyed their chances of ever being elected President

Cross off Cruz, Paul, Ryan from your list of potential candidates

I like Ted Cruz but would love to see Rand Paul tell Hillary (again) "you should have been fired". The last thing we need is a presidential candidate that will be nice or civil to democrats.

1. Cruz crushes field in presidential straw poll at Values Voters Summit

Sen. Ted Cruz trounced the competition in the presidential straw poll at the 2013 Values Voters Summit, with Dr. Ben Carson and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum coming in a distant second and third places — highlighting how Mr. Cruz has become a rock star with grassroots conservatives.

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, which hosted the three—day event, announced that Mr. Cruz won 42 percent of the vote, while Mr. Carson and Mr. Santorum each captured 13 percent.

Read more: Cruz crushes field in presidential straw poll at Values Voters Summit - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

2. ‘Reaganesque’ Cruz embraced at Values Voters Summit for Obamacare defiance

Sen. Ted Cruz may be under fire from colleagues at the Capitol, but he was a hero to the thousands at the annual Values Voters Summit who praised him for refusing to give up his push to defund Obamacare and helping ignite the government shutdown.
While other potential 2016 presidential candidates also spoke at the summit, Mr. Cruz emerged from the first day of the event as the favorite of religious conservatives in attendance, saying they back his no—surrender approach to politics that he has brought to Washington.

Read more: 'Reaganesque' Cruz embraced at Values Voters Summit for Obamacare defiance - Washington Times

3. Cruz slams immigration hecklers: ‘They don’t want the truth to be heard’

Illegal immigrant advocates interrupted Sen. Ted Cruz’s speech to the Values Voters Summit on Friday more than a half-dozen times, calling on the Texas Republican and potential presidential candidate to support a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
But the Texas Republican repeatedly deflected the criticism, turning it into an attack against President Obama.
“How scared is the president?” Mr. Cruz said. “Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”
The crowd also tried to drown out the protestors with chants of “USA! USA!”

Ted Cruz hits back at hecklers during his Value Voters Summit speech - Washington Times

Ted Cruz tells America what he believes and doesn't play the politics game. Some hate him for it, others, who love America and are ashamed of what it has become are listening.

Let's look at it realistically.

1. If you don't want Obamacare and find it is affecting your life in a negative way, you will be listening to Ted Cruz.

2. If you want a representative to stand up for what he believes instead of playing political games, you may be listening to Ted Cruz.

3. If you think there is a better way to handle immigrants climbing over our borders just to be met with free health care, jobs, and welfare you may be listening to Ted Cruz.

I will be listening and I welcome you to join me.

It's not likely he would have done so well if he had to compete against Strom Thurmon or Lester Maddox - had he, he would have come in third given the values of value's voters.

You never know what can happen in three years. I find him intriguing because I believe the man in sincere and he believes in much the same as I. I think we may even find this man has integrity which is hard to find in politics.

But Elizabeth Warren is the polar opposite. She lacks the integrity although you may believe in her politics.

I find Elizabeth Warren very sincere and also intellegent since she did teach at Harvard and anytime I hear her talk she brings up very good points.

Ted Cruz may be sincere, as he says what he believes is right, same for Warren, but the thing about both of them is they are extremist and probably would scare equal numbers of independents away.

In other words Ted Cruz might win hardcore conservatives and Warren might win hardcore liberals...but neither one is going to do well on getting the voters in the middle.

Warren had a problem with claiming her Native American status. Could bode ill in vote blocs.

And Ted Cruz being born in Canada wouldn't...?

Do people genuinely believe Cruz has a reasonable chance at winning a general election? Honestly. I just don't see him as an electable candidate. The same way I don't see Elizabeth Warren as an electable candidate.

But whatever, if he gets the nomination...that's really great news for the Democrats!

Plus, he's Canadian! Poutine and strong beer for all!

[youtube]C_TfBbR6L0M[/youtube]

Donald_Trump_Ted_Cruz.gif

Sen. Ted Cruz trounced the competition in the presidential straw poll at the 2013 Values Voters Summit, with Dr. Ben Carson and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum coming in a distant second and third places — highlighting how Mr. Cruz has become a rock star with grassroots conservatives.

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, which hosted the three—day event, announced that Mr. Cruz won 42 percent of the vote, while Mr. Carson and Mr. Santorum each captured 13 percent.

Read more: Cruz crushes field in presidential straw poll at Values Voters Summit - Washington Times

Sen. Ted Cruz may be under fire from colleagues at the Capitol, but he was a hero to the thousands at the annual Values Voters Summit who praised him for refusing to give up his push to defund Obamacare and helping ignite the government shutdown.
While other potential 2016 presidential candidates also spoke at the summit, Mr. Cruz emerged from the first day of the event as the favorite of religious conservatives in attendance, saying they back his no—surrender approach to politics that he has brought to Washington.

Read more: 'Reaganesque' Cruz embraced at Values Voters Summit for Obamacare defiance - Washington Times

Illegal immigrant advocates interrupted Sen. Ted Cruz’s speech to the Values Voters Summit on Friday more than a half-dozen times, calling on the Texas Republican and potential presidential candidate to support a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
But the Texas Republican repeatedly deflected the criticism, turning it into an attack against President Obama.
“How scared is the president?” Mr. Cruz said. “Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”

Ted Cruz hits back at hecklers during his Value Voters Summit speech - Washington Times

Ted Cruz tells America what he believes and doesn't play the politics game. Some hate him for it, others, who love America and are ashamed of what it has become are listening.

1. If you don't want Obamacare and find it is affecting your life in a negative way, you will be listening to Ted Cruz.

2. If you want a representative to stand up for what he believes instead of playing political games, you may be listening to Ted Cruz.

3. If you think there is a better way to handle immigrants climbing over our borders just to be met with free health care, jobs, and welfare you may be listening to Ted Cruz.

What is your take on the kerfuffle at the arab Christian conference a few weeks ago? I have read some on it but my eyes crossed trying to sort out what was really going on...on both sides. I know some folks who are pissed at Cruz for taking advantage and being insensitive. I have not seen any interviews of him concerning that event. Anyone?

What is your take on the kerfuffle at the arab Christian conference a few weeks ago? I have read some on it but my eyes crossed trying to sort out what was really going on...on both sides. I know some folks who are pissed at Cruz for taking advantage and being insensitive. I have not seen any interviews of him concerning that event. Anyone?

He was trolling.

Forum List

Back