Cross your fingers!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I have an interview with a large NYC law firm at 1pm tomorrow. This is where my expertise lies as the job description looks like my resume, that and the fact that I have plenty of experience working for another largeer law firm in the City for 6+ years.

IT is a challenging field though and I'm sure there are plenty of applicants and many interviewing as well. I'll have to be on my A game for not only technical questions but for appearance & communication as well.

If this fails, USMB will be a paid board and membership fees will be $1000 per year paid in advance. :laugh:

jimnyc said:
I have an interview with a large NYC law firm at 1pm tomorrow. This is where my expertise lies as the job description looks like my resume, that and the fact that I have plenty of experience working for another largeer law firm in the City for 6+ years.

IT is a challenging field though and I'm sure there are plenty of applicants and many interviewing as well. I'll have to be on my A game for not only technical questions but for appearance & communication as well.

If this fails, USMB will be a paid board and membership fees will be $1000 per year paid in advance. :laugh:

Darin threatened to ban me 2 days ago.. I'll take that option, please. :)

(Good luck!)

jimnyc said:

I'm rooting for you Jim! When you go in there, push away all thoughts about other applicants, and focus on how you are the perfect choice for the job. :beer:

dmp said:
sleep your way to the top, brother! :)

I know you mean like this:
snooze.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
jimnyc said:

Gooooooooooo JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Best of luck and remember they are lucky to have you, and if that mantra doesn't work just picture all the men in faux rapper gear :p:

Jim, best of results! You don't need luck. Get some sleep though...;)

Bonnie said:
Gooooooooooo JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Best of luck and remember they are lucky to have you, and if that mantra doesn't work just picture all the men in faux rapper gear :p:

Damn, Dawg...Don't be hatin...

is.php

:D

They're crossed! I'm now typing with two fingers and a thumb.

You and the job sound like a perfect match. Go for it! And our favorite Uncle is looking forward to your hefty contributions to the operations in Washington, D.C. :)

Not a good start, not at all. :(

Went to bed a little groggy last night but figured all the stress caught up with me and I just needed a good night sleep. I kept waking up feeling sweaty and with a dry throat. I finally got up at about 5am and felt like I had the new bird flu, whatever that feels like, but it's probably bad! My throat is sore and congested, head is dizzy and I'm a little shaky. I can't even drink coffee! I had a cup and believe it or not it made me feel worse.

I know what the problem is too, and it's this damn apartment! It's like a furnace in my living room as the damn heat never shuts off but it's like and igloo in my bedroom. There's some serious cold air leakage that I discovered. If you hold a lighter up to the electrical outlet that is just below the window the air current is almost strong enough to put out the flame! I placed a thermostat just near this outlet this morning and the picture is attached. It's actually an older telephone I no longer use but the display has the thermostat.

This ought to be a great interview. Ears and throat clogged, red nose and sniffling and the fever will likely have me sweating along with the nerves - they're likely to think I was on a cocaine binge last night! LOL

Can someone please kill me?

BTW - thank you to everyone for the encouragement!

And Darin, that picture was hilarious, you bastard! :laugh:

Forgot to attach the picture, see what being sick does to you. :(

Attachments

• $100_0857.JPG
    $100_0857.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 90

Forum List

Back