Criminalizing Poverty During Economic Crisis, New Laws Crack Down on America's Poor

Discussion in 'Media' started by hvactec, Aug 15, 2011.

1. hvactec

hvactec VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Homeless
    'The number of laws criminalizing poverty increased during the recession as the housing and homelessness crisis in America worsened.

Since 2006, there's been a 7 percent increase in laws prohibiting camping out in public places, an 11 percent increase in laws prohibiting loitering, a 6 percent increase in laws prohibiting begging and a 5 percent increase in laws prohibiting aggressive panhandling, according to a recent report by The National Coalition for the Homeless.'
    read more Criminalizing Poverty: During Economic Crisis, New Laws Crack Down on America's Poor, Homeless - David Icke Website

2. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    Soooooooooo, what's the problem with laws being enforced?

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    Comprehension problem? The article is about NEW LAWS.

4. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    can you say cast system?

5. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    Comprehension problem?.......Where's the new law criminalizing poverty?

I don't see any new law that says poverty is a criminal act.

6. p kirkes

p kirkes VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I sometimes wonder what I would do to survive if I lost the ability to earn a living or live on my pension.

The prospect is terrifying for the elderly or sick who can't do for themselves. Your become prey, life is full of tension, the weather is formidable, sickness invades your body, malnutrition, hopelessness, lack of mobility, dependence on charity, and so on.

It's obvious to me that the laws quoted above are made to protect the quality of life for it's earning citizens, not just the rich but residential, business and recreation areas.

Do what's needed for your security when your young because when your older it's many times impossible.

I deliver food to poor elderly shut-ins but must have an address. The squalor is nauseating, many of our workers will man the food bank for walk-ins but will not deliver to residences because conditions are so bad.

Most are elderly women without any or very little financial means. Little to no utilities running. clap trap
    housing.

Agencies that give help are church's, city governments and food banks.

America is a giving nation but with the break up of so many families the charity system is stretched thin.

On the other hand I do see many who try to live off of charity when they are able to work. Young adults but as they grow older life will not treat them kindly.

The beat goes on.........

7. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    You didn't see that we weren't talking about enforcement. Now you don't see the new laws. I''l bet you do see "death panels", however. Selective blindness?

8. gslack

gslack Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    The link is to David Ike.com... LOL the guy who believes in reptilians? :lol::lol::lol:

Regardless, the homeless have options, they all too often choose to be homeless more than not. There is help out there for people who want it, in fact the liberals are always patting themselves on the back for their kindness and generosity. Welfare will help those people they just have to go and do it themselves. There are shelters in nearly every major city. Homelessness is a mental/social problem as well as a financial one.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    What a load of bollocks

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,917
    Charity is the worst thing you can give. Sometimes a necessary evil, but in the long run, the wrong policy.

Instead, we need education and jobs programs. We need to rebuild the American infrastructure.

This is why Republicans must be defeated. They are against these things and crow about their "charity".