credit card interest rates continue upward

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
sez rate is steady, but then later in the article sez they will continue upward

Bankrate has been tracking credit card rates since 1985, and as 2023 draws to a close, they've never been higher. As of December 27, 2023, the average credit card rate was 20.74 percent. That figure has jumped 4.44 percentage points since the beginning of 2022 — the most we've ever seen in a two-year span.Jan 2, 2024​

Bankrate has been tracking credit card rates since 1985, and as 2023 draws to a close, they've never been higher. As of December 27, 2023, the average credit card rate was 20.74 percent. That figure has jumped 4.44 percentage points since the beginning of 2022 — the most we've ever seen in a two-year span.Jan 2, 2024​

what does this have to do with politics?

Don't use credit cards... its like borrowing from the mob....

The only card that should ever be used is Amex... pay it of every month...

Makes sense. Those that are dumb enough to use their card and not pay it off every month are probably big credit risks.

/——/ I now pay my cc off weekly. Always a zero balance. I’m so old I remember when the rates were 8%.

Don't use credit cards... its like borrowing from the mob....

Not at all. I pay mine off right away and take advantage of all the points I get by using it. I end up getting one or two free plane tickets every year because I pay with points. It's simply a matter of being smart about it.

Not at all. I pay mine off right away and take advantage of all the points I get by using it. I end up getting one or two free plane tickets every year because I pay with points. It's simply a matter of being smart about it.
Most people fall into the trap of spending more just because they're earning points... Not everyone is as smart as you are or as disciplined... And they are who I was giving advise to...

Of course there are charges... if you borrow money for a day there is interest attached... look at your statement...

Purchases and "borrowing money" (as in cash advance) are two different things.

On my card(s) interest does not begin to accrue until the next billing cycle. So pay it off at the end of the month and there is no interest.

WW

Purchases and "borrowing money" (as in cash advance) are two different things.

On my card(s) interest does not begin to accrue until the next billing cycle. So pay it off at the end of the month and there is no interest.

WW
Some cards have interest for both cash advances and purchases... and those cards are in wide circulation today... usually with the very people who can't afford to pay interest rates at all... and that was who I was giving advise to... if that's not you great for you... I prefer to just not use them and pay cash for what I need... on Line I use Amex only...

Even smarter -- I never ever use one / them .
Old fashioned in the one sense of never buying or financing anything that I cannot immediately pay for .

But I am prepared to trade ( not invest) where there is zero interest involved . That is, you weaponise your judgement ability .

Forum List

Back