Cpac

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midcan5, Feb 10, 2012.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    'My fellow Americans we need to get back to the principles of our founders, we need to cut spending, reduce taxes, get government out of our lives, bring back liberty, and tell our people the truth. Government is the problem as Ronald Reagan said so eloquently. Since media will not get our story out, we must, we must stop the entitlement mentality that makes people dependent on government. The fourteen trillion dollar deficit is the problem we need to address immediately, we need to reduce our budget, return our land to the people, and return to the principles of our founders.' Senator/Representative Whatshisname

Hypothetical question from the audience:

But you work for government, and the majority of America's debt was caused by conservative republican policy, and Reagan raised taxes numerous times as he grew government, and the last conservative republican created an enormous entitlement program and the great depression and great recession both followed conservative republican rule?

Footnote: Watching this is like watching groupthink in action, the same empty talk follows the same empty talk. You wait for the puppet master to appear and take a bow. Words come to stand for the reality that was and is the reality they helped create. If I didn't see it with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears, I'd think it satire done by a modern puppet master who understands deeply the pure comedy of the words when juxtaposed with their actions and accomplishments.

Footnote two: In case you miss any of it on cspan, use the above outline to catch up on their latest ideas.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history-7.html#post4251322
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Jeez, I forgot we lost liberty too!

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    that about sums it up.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,797
    They are not there to be informative or get anything done. They are there to pump up each other's fetishistic hatred and fear for the election season, that and the booze and hookers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Aw why don't democrats just shut the whole thing down?

6. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    News flash!....Republicans campaign like libertarians and govern like soft Marxists!...What else is new?

At least we can safely say that democratics are marginally honest about their communistic proclivities.

For what that's worth.

7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,805
    The debt was caused by both Republicans and Democrats over many decades.

Obama and the current regime of Dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

Yet, you're going to sit here and criticize the opposition that intends to at least try to fix things.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed President and same failed progressive policies!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. Decepticon

Decepticon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I always thought this summed up the right wing agenda pretty good.

"Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king."

9. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    There is a strong sense of hierarchy in conservatism, it is part of their basic tenets, check Russell Kirk out.

I was trying to find minority faces in the crowd and couldn't find any. The whole thing is a weird sort of tribalism in which the natives, in this case conservative republicans, chant and hoot and holler at the same tired cliches. Really weird, if anyone can provide something substantive that is not noted in my OP, please enlighten us. It may be that I actually agree with Oddball, talk about odd - just an opportunity to party? Social gathering of fellow wingnuts high on cliches.

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis

10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,418
    What! And miss watching the wingnuts make fools of themselves?:eek:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1