Cpac

Note:

It's the "CONSERVATIVE" Political Action Committee, not the Republican Political Action Committee. Furthermore, all your claims are pure horseshit, as usual.

'My fellow Americans we need to get back to the principles of our founders, we need to cut spending, reduce taxes, get government out of our lives, bring back liberty, and tell our people the truth. Government is the problem as Ronald Reagan said so eloquently. Since media will not get our story out, we must, we must stop the entitlement mentality that makes people dependent on government. The fourteen trillion dollar deficit is the problem we need to address immediately, we need to reduce our budget, return our land to the people, and return to the principles of our founders.' Senator/Representative Whatshisname

Hypothetical question from the audience:

But you work for government, and the majority of America's debt was caused by conservative republican policy, and Reagan raised taxes numerous times as he grew government, and the last conservative republican created an enormous entitlement program and the great depression and great recession both followed conservative republican rule?

Footnote: Watching this is like watching groupthink in action, the same empty talk follows the same empty talk. You wait for the puppet master to appear and take a bow. Words come to stand for the reality that was and is the reality they helped create. If I didn't see it with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears, I'd think it satire done by a modern puppet master who understands deeply the pure comedy of the words when juxtaposed with their actions and accomplishments.

The debt was caused by both Republicans and Democrats over many decades.

Obama and the current regime of Dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

Yet, you're going to sit here and criticize the opposition that intends to at least try to fix things.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed President and same failed progressive policies!
You can't spell CONservative without CON either.

I'M a MODERATE, Coulter be damned.

Is that an admission you will be voting to keep the crooks and cronies in power?

Obama and the current regime of Dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

Yet, you're going to sit here and criticize the opposition that intends to at least try to fix things.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed President and same failed progressive policies!

You're about as "moderate" as Pol Pot.

"Moderate" is a euphemism meaning "liberal."

They are not there to be informative or get anything done. They are there to pump up each other's fetishistic hatred and fear for the election season, that and the booze and hookers.
And troll for gay sex.

10 Conservatives Trolling Craigslist for Gay Sex at CPAC

Tell us what is wrong with gay sex? You and the op think it is wrong enough to report on it. I'm interested in hearing from you about what you find objectionable to gay sex. We'll wait.

The newt is a "changed" man remember? The frightening part is what he may have changed into.

Catholic scares ewe donut?
No, I admire Santorum's stand on issues involving charity, I also support a Catholic church's medical providers right to refuse to perform or render services the church finds sinful. But if state or Federal monies are accepted, the hospital has a problem.

No, not all Americans fit into two neat & tidy categories, that is a CON simplistic conclusion. I voted for McCain in 2008, and thought Huntsman would have been be a good choice this year. It is Gingrich I do not believe I could ever vote for, I'd pick Baby Bush over The Newt. But my mind remains open, so no, I am NOT a standard CONservative.

I'm watching psycho Ann Coulter's speech from yesterday. These people are pretty much all crazy but she is always so wrong.

The government making the church pay for contraception is like making car insurance companies pay for an oil change. I wonder if she knows they are not talking about contraception rather religious freedom. Did she get the damn talking points or not.

Next up Scott Walker.

LOL. We saw the true nature of 'Conservatism' from 2001 to 2009. Cost us over 5000 of our sons and daughters lives, and many trillions of dollars. We saw a war started on the basis of lies. We saw an economic debacle created for the benefit of the very wealthy. We saw the denigration of science and scientists.

No, we do not need a bunch more of these lying 'Conservatives' in power. We need to move our nation into the 21st century. We need a real Health Care System that serves every citizen. We need an educational system that will create the opportunity for any citizen to achieve to his or her capabilites, no matter what social stratum they started out in. We need to repair and improve on our infrastructure, we cannot afford to waste energy, water, or time. And we need this country to lead in Research and Development in the new technologies.

All of these are opposed by Conservatives. The majority of Americans really don't want to go back to 1910.

Going to war in violation of the terms of the Constitution is not a Conservative idea. George W. bush was not a Conservative. He ran up the debt and pulled end runs around the letter of the law.

In most ways, W was just a preview of the Big 0. Both are Little Ceasars who seek to pull more and more power to Washington.

As far as scientists being denigrated, they did a fine, fine job of doing that for themselves and required no help from any party outside their number. When their ethics and prestige are for sale to the highest bidder, there's really not much else that can be done to them.

The educational system is less and less responsive to the local authorities and as that change has occurred the standing of the American student has fallen annually. This is the result of exactly what you recommend.

The other high flown rhetorical deception you spout is paid for by tax revenues which are being undermined by the Liberal attacks upon the people that create jobs and the incomes that result from them.

Dismantle Washington's influence and watch the ascent of the people and the solutions.

It's coming up on the time when it'll be time to pay the piper. This dance is almost over.

Last edited:

No, not all Americans fit into two neat & tidy categories, that is a CON simplistic conclusion. I voted for McCain in 2008, and thought Huntsman would have been be a good choice this year. It is Gingrich I do not believe I could ever vote for, I'd pick Baby Bush over The Newt. But my mind remains open, so no, I am NOT a standard CONservative.

Nobody you named as being supportable is any kind of a Conservative.

I'm watching psycho Ann Coulter's speech from yesterday. These people are pretty much all crazy but she is always so wrong.

The government making the church pay for contraception is like making car insurance companies pay for an oil change. I wonder if she knows they are not talking about contraception rather religious freedom. Did she get the damn talking points or not.

Next up Scott Walker.

To me, they are talking about governmental overreach. If the institutions, whether they religiously based or secular, should not have to provide any kind of anything.

In any employment arrangement, the deal is made and the work is performed.

I don't agree with your analogy. It is not particularly against the moral definition of the Insurance companies to pay for oil changes. Not particularly a damnable sin for them to do so.

What matters is that this administration is defying the Constitution and the tradition of law dating back to the Magna Carta and most of the population is either unaware of it or just doesn't care about the Constitution.

When do we burn the Riechstag?

Last edited:
the debt was caused by both republicans and democrats over many decades.

Obama and the current regime of dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed president and same failed progressive policies!

qft.

The nature of Conservatism is pretty much expressed by the Constitution. Devolve all power to the lowest levels that can still do the job.
The nature of conservatism and the Constitution are in conflict, the Founding Document exists only in the context of its case law, much of which is anathema to rightist dogma, the disdain for the rule of law in particular, where state and local jurisdictions are authorized to determine who or will not have his civil rights.

Liberalism wants to centralize all power to the highest level eliminating the need for the lower levels of government.

Liberalism is a consistent application of Constitutional principals to all levels of government – from Federal to the town hall. Liberalism advocates and encourages public participation at the very local level, provided all jurisdictions abide the Constitution and its case law.

This is Oligarchy and this is what the Democrat party and Liberalism recommends.

The Democratic Party and liberalism have consistently fought for the rights of the individual at odds with Patrician republican authoritarianism and its desire to stifle dissent and impose conformity. Republican and conservative dogma is best expressed by the Nixonian paradigm that the ends justify the means and only those who have a ‘stake in society’ should realize access to the levers of power.

The term "Power to the People" is the definition of Conservatism.

How oxymoronic.

In the hands of the current administration, the President has openly said that if the Congress will not act, he will.

As have past administrations, both democratic and republican; indeed, the appropriate critique of the current administration is its continuation of the previous administration’s policies – and the previous administration’s aggrandizement of the imperial presidency.

He does so in violation of the Constitution.

Cite the case where such actions were ruled un-Constitutional.

He does so by further centralizing power and further subjugating the populace.

Again, the failure of the current administration is its inability to decentralized a political edifice decades in the making, an edifice erected at the behest of the populace, a consequence of their fear and ignorance.

To help retain their Patrician status and withhold power from the people at the highest levels, the republican party drones chant slogans, disrupt the activity of their elected representatives, level threats against individuals, harass their families and invade their private property acting as mobs and in the literal sense gripped by "groupthink".

One finds it amazing that when we see shameful behavior in our country displayed by the political right and their mindlessly programmed dupes, we almost immediately see the behaviors of these dupes ascribed to the political left.

If one wishes to find the shame of the right, just listen to what they are charging the left with having executed. You will almost always be able to track back to the activities of the rightist drones of our culture.

Nobody you named as being supportable is any kind of a Conservative.
Telling how conservatives never take ownership of their politicians.

‘He’s not a “real conservative,” he’s a “RINO.”’

Yet they vote for these faux conservatives election after election.

What matters is that this administration is defying the Constitution and the tradition of law dating back to the Magna Carta and most of the population is either unaware of it or just doesn't care about the Constitution.

What matters is the right was silent when the previous administration also defied the Constitution. The issue isn’t so much an apathetic population but a partisan double-standard.

The nature of Conservatism is pretty much expressed by the Constitution. Devolve all power to the lowest levels that can still do the job.
The nature of conservatism and the Constitution are in conflict, the Founding Document exists only in the context of its case law, much of which is anathema to rightist dogma, the disdain for the rule of law in particular, where state and local jurisdictions are authorized to determine who or will not have his civil rights.

Liberalism wants to centralize all power to the highest level eliminating the need for the lower levels of government.

Liberalism is a consistent application of Constitutional principals to all levels of government – from Federal to the town hall. Liberalism advocates and encourages public participation at the very local level, provided all jurisdictions abide the Constitution and its case law.

The Democratic Party and liberalism have consistently fought for the rights of the individual at odds with Patrician republican authoritarianism and its desire to stifle dissent and impose conformity. Republican and conservative dogma is best expressed by the Nixonian paradigm that the ends justify the means and only those who have a ‘stake in society’ should realize access to the levers of power.

The Supremacy Clause works just fine and any Constitutionalist will assert this as the basis to govern the application of local laws. Local jurisdictions are NEVER authorized to repeal parts of the Constitution on caprice. You are being disingenuous.

<Snip>
Clause 2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
<snip>

Liberalism endorses the centralization of power. This why we have a Federal level departments of every nature that are not called for by the Constitution. The Tenth Amendment, demanded before any signing could be completed, asks that all powers not specifically claimed by the Feds be reserved to the States or to the people.

<snip>
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
<snip>

Liberalism cannot apply Constitutional principles to anything that is not Federal. The Constitution, by definition, does not apply to the lesser levels of government.

Democrats are the people who created, built preserved and protected the injustice of the race problems in the deep south.

Nixon was not a Conservative. He, more than most, was possessed of the idea that central control could effect lasting change. Wage and price controls are the best example that I can think of. This is hardly a rush to relaxed regulation which is what the Liberal cries about with Conservatism.

You need to understand what you're talking about. Republicans and Democrats are both political parties that strive to gain power. Liberalism acts in defiance of the Constitution which was created to avoid a strong central government. Any move by either party to centralize power in defiance of the Constitution's safe guards against this is a Liberal move.

Liberalism is the drive to undermine the Constitution.

Addendum:

Before I address any pertinent comments, a few more observations. Stanley Fish has written how the right has co-opted the language of the left, watching CPAC, the observation is soon obvious. As you watch you hear cries for things like liberty and a better America, who could disagree? Sixties rhetoric returns clothed in conservative attire.

Watching the Tea party panel was fascinating, at times it reminded me of an AA meeting. Coming from a long line of alcoholics I was ready to take the pledge. Go out there and stay the course, work hard to get Representative Whatshername elected, she's not a RINO. What is a RINO anyway? At other times it was like a mutual admiration society. Say the right cliche and the cheers go up, smiles all around like a schoolyard clique.

I sometimes tape it as it forms an interesting place to view and observe a group that seems so alien from the America I live in and yet presumes to be about America. One area that is still offensive is the personal attacks on individuals who are not on their side of reality.

Ultimately what does it mean when the best thing you can do is say no? When the best you can do is look back to a world that was far from perfect and idealize it as if it were heaven. Nations die from within and without a sense of community and compromise, America will stand still and the world will move forward. Boo CPAC, you bore.

speaking of Cpac..here's who the Democrats are Embracing as their new leader...a avowed Communist, 9/11 truther..

SNIP:

San Diego &#8211; Van Jones, the former Obama Administration green czar who resigned in controversy, appears on the fast track to a political comeback &#8212; emerging as a star at this weekend&#8217;s California Democratic convention and lauded by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi as a &#8220;leader of the future.&#8221; Jones, who as head of an activist group called &#8220;Rebuild the Dream&#8221; has become a leading voice of the Occupy movement, was given the star speaking slot to address hundreds at the kickoff Friday night reception here sponsored by state party chair John Burton.
To the cheers of the grassroots activists, Jones endorsed a &#8220;millionaires&#8217; tax&#8221; as a means of firing up younger voters in the 2012 election, saying &#8220;that will get their attention.&#8221;
While Jones didn&#8217;t specify if he was referring to a specific ballot initiative titled the &#8220;Millionaire&#8217;s Tax,&#8221; or the general idea of taxing the top 1 percent income earners, he argued that under-30 voters critical to Democratic successes in 2012 will find appealing &#8220;the idea that the people that already climbed that ladder (of success) will give something back.&#8221;
Jones repeatedly won cheers when he defined what he said were the issues and challenges faced by Democrats &#8212; and President Barack Obama &#8212; as the 2012 election approaches.
&#8220;I&#8217;m tired of being accused of being anti-American,&#8221; said Jones. &#8220;&#8221;They call it class warfare&#8230;if anything, it&#8217;s warfare against people who have no class&#8230;they won&#8217;t even return our phone calls when our houses are underwater.&#8221;
The effusive reception given to Jones underscores that the former community activist appears in resurgence since the days after the Obama Administration green czar was forced to resign after controversial statements and ties with grassroots groups that Republicans claimed had radical roots.

the rest.
Democrats&#8217; star speaker Van Jones fires up crowd &#8212; and emerges party &#8220;leader of the future&#8221;? | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

speaking of Cpac..here's who the Democrats are Embracing as their new leader...a avowed Communist, 9/11 truther..

SNIP:

San Diego – Van Jones, the former Obama Administration green czar who resigned in controversy, appears on the fast track to a political comeback — emerging as a star at this weekend’s California Democratic convention and lauded by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi as a “leader of the future.” Jones, who as head of an activist group called “Rebuild the Dream” has become a leading voice of the Occupy movement, was given the star speaking slot to address hundreds at the kickoff Friday night reception here sponsored by state party chair John Burton.
To the cheers of the grassroots activists, Jones endorsed a “millionaires’ tax” as a means of firing up younger voters in the 2012 election, saying “that will get their attention.”
While Jones didn’t specify if he was referring to a specific ballot initiative titled the “Millionaire’s Tax,” or the general idea of taxing the top 1 percent income earners, he argued that under-30 voters critical to Democratic successes in 2012 will find appealing “the idea that the people that already climbed that ladder (of success) will give something back.”
Jones repeatedly won cheers when he defined what he said were the issues and challenges faced by Democrats — and President Barack Obama — as the 2012 election approaches.
“I’m tired of being accused of being anti-American,” said Jones. “”They call it class warfare…if anything, it’s warfare against people who have no class…they won’t even return our phone calls when our houses are underwater.”
The effusive reception given to Jones underscores that the former community activist appears in resurgence since the days after the Obama Administration green czar was forced to resign after controversial statements and ties with grassroots groups that Republicans claimed had radical roots.

the rest.
Democrats’ star speaker Van Jones fires up crowd — and emerges party “leader of the future”? | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

Former "avowed" Communist and he was never a Truther. You're thinking of Judge Napolitano, Fox News contributor....who has actually made statements questioning the events of 9/11. Van Jones never has.

It's hard for me to believe that [WTC7] came down by itself. I was gratified to see Geraldo Rivera investigating it. I'm gratified to see the people across the border interested.

I think 20 years from now, people will look at 9/11 the way they look at the assassination of JFK today. It couldn't possibly have been done the way the government told us.
~ Judge Andrew Napolitano.

SNIP:

San Diego – Van Jones, the former Obama Administration green czar who resigned in controversy, appears on the fast track to a political comeback — emerging as a star at this weekend’s California Democratic convention and lauded by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi as a “leader of the future.” Jones, who as head of an activist group called “Rebuild the Dream” has become a leading voice of the Occupy movement, was given the star speaking slot to address hundreds at the kickoff Friday night reception here sponsored by state party chair John Burton.
To the cheers of the grassroots activists, Jones endorsed a “millionaires’ tax” as a means of firing up younger voters in the 2012 election, saying “that will get their attention.”
While Jones didn't specify if he was referring to a specific ballot initiative titled the “Millionaire’s Tax,” or the general idea of taxing the top 1 percent income earners, he argued that under-30 voters critical to Democratic successes in 2012 will find appealing “the idea that the people that already climbed that ladder (of success) will give something back.”
Jones repeatedly won cheers when he defined what he said were the issues and challenges faced by Democrats — and President Barack Obama — as the 2012 election approaches.
“I’m tired of being accused of being anti-American,” said Jones. “”They call it class warfare…if anything, it’s warfare against people who have no class…they won’t even return our phone calls when our houses are underwater.”

the rest.
Democrats’ star speaker Van Jones fires up crowd — and emerges party “leader of the future”? | Politics Blog | sfgate.com blog

Former "avowed" Communist and he was never a Truther. You're thinking of Judge Napolitano, Fox News contributor....who has actually made statements questioning the events of 9/11. Van Jones never has.

It's hard for me to believe that [WTC7] came down by itself. I was gratified to see Geraldo Rivera investigating it. I'm gratified to see the people across the border interested.

I think 20 years from now, people will look at 9/11 the way they look at the assassination of JFK today. It couldn't possibly have been done the way the government told us.
~ Judge Andrew Napolitano.

lol, FORMER Communist..youbetcha.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back