CPAC: Speaker pledges end of American democracy to wild applause.

you asked a lot of questions and all them them can be answered by reading the constitution,,
That's simply not true.

Are we a republic if only white land-owning males are allowed to vote, meanwhile black people are kept as slaves?

The constitution doesn't answer this question. You avoid it like the plague.

The reason you avoid the question is because not all republics are created equal. Some are more democratic and some are less democratic. That's because a republic only means that the public are represented. The public can mean anything and the representation can be chosen in a number of ways.

The democratic part of the republic reflects how we vote for those representatives. If the ability to vote is unencumbered and extended to more people, we are more democratic. If the ability to vote is limited to a small number of people, then we are less democratic.

Don't bother replying. I know you have nothing intelligent to say on the matter. I've given you every opportunity to engage in rational discussion and you've rejected them.

That's simply not true.

Are we a republic if only white land-owning males are allowed to vote, meanwhile black people are kept as slaves?

The constitution doesn't answer this question. You avoid it like the plague.

The reason you avoid the question is because not all republics are created equal. Some are more democratic and some are less democratic. That's because a republic only means that the public are represented. The public can mean anything and the representation can be chosen in a number of ways.

The democratic part of the republic reflects how we vote for those representatives. If the ability to vote is unencumbered and extended to more people, we are more democratic. If the ability to vote is limited to a small number of people, then we are less democratic.

Don't bother replying. I know you have nothing intelligent to say on the matter. I've given you every opportunity to engage in rational discussion and you've rejected them.
of course they are not created equal,, thats what the constitution is for dumbass,,

as for what does "public" mean,,
try reading the first 3 words,,

Forum List

Back