Court: Birth control mandate violates religious rights

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
It's a start, now to get it steam rolling!

Associated Press ^ | Jul. 22, 2016 9:58 PM EDT | David A. Lieb
A federal judge has ruled in favor of a Missouri lawmaker who cited religious objections while challenging the inclusion of birth control coverage in his government-provided health insurance. State Sen. Paul Wieland said Friday that the ruling, while applying only to his family, could serve as a guide for others seeking to challenge the application of a section of President Barack Obama’s health care law that requires insurers to include coverage of contraceptives. “I think this sets a precedent, so

It's a start, now to get it steam rolling!

Associated Press ^ | Jul. 22, 2016 9:58 PM EDT | David A. Lieb
A federal judge has ruled in favor of a Missouri lawmaker who cited religious objections while challenging the inclusion of birth control coverage in his government-provided health insurance. State Sen. Paul Wieland said Friday that the ruling, while applying only to his family, could serve as a guide for others seeking to challenge the application of a section of President Barack Obama’s health care law that requires insurers to include coverage of contraceptives. “I think this sets a precedent, so
"while applying only to his family"....gawd...as happy as I am about this judge's decision, I want to slap him in the face for such a BS statement. As if law only applied to one person while the same exact exception would have to be applied for on a case-by-case basis! ALL Christians may now instantly and without further qualification cite religious exemption from anything their faith tells them they must not do.

"I think this sets a precedent"... :lmao: Ya think? Kim Davis, are you listening?

There should be some sort of common sense exemption to the mandate for birth control.

I don't see how the option of birth control is a religious thing at all

Just because a policy covers it in no way forces a person to use it

Because you are paying for the coverage. It's a common sense thing. It used to be that a person could choose what kind of coverage they get. Now it's the same for everyone. I don't want birth control or baby care. I don't want to pay for it either.

There should be some sort of common sense exemption to the mandate for birth control.
No one is forcing them to use birth control, it is there if they want to use it..
They are paying for the coverage. That's what makes it wrong. A single man age 85 must pay for birth control and well baby coverage. Is this there in case he misses a period?
The same 85 year old man also helps support public schools and roads...Ain't life a bitch?

What an idiot. He just sued to decrease the health coverage of his 3 daughters. Oh well like the article says it will be appealed. Hopefully this religious bullshit doesn't affect the coverage of reasonable people.

So do you believe in a woman's right to choose? Then why can't every American have the right to choose?

No one is forcing them to use birth control, it is there if they want to use it..
They are paying for the coverage. That's what makes it wrong. A single man age 85 must pay for birth control and well baby coverage. Is this there in case he misses a period?
The same 85 year old man also helps support public schools and roads...Ain't life a bitch?
This is a perfect reason why people should not post while high.

Because you are paying for the coverage. It's a common sense thing. It used to be that a person could choose what kind of coverage they get. Now it's the same for everyone. I don't want birth control or baby care. I don't want to pay for it either.
Most employers do not pay 100% for their employees insurance

So if the employer pays 80% and the employee pays 20% them the employee is paying for the part of the policy that may provide birth control

there now you can still to to heaven

I pay for things I don't want to pay for with Obammy Care but it's the law

If you religious people don't want to follow the law you are free not to and pay all the fines and accept all the punishments involved. You don't get special treatment

This is what makes obamacare so ridiculous. It makes simple common sense a religion that has to be stopped at all costs.

Forum List

Back