Couple who pulled guns on Black mother and daughters charged with felony assault

But to answer your question, no it is not lawful to point your weapon at anyone except to defend your life or the life of another from death or severe bodily injury and this situation didn't warrant that type of response.
So, your position is that a fist fight will not result in serious bodily injury, and therefore, the mere threat of deadly force to prevent it is not justified?
The white woman was pregnant, I thought?
I read somewhere she was...... if so, it's completely unreasonable to expect her to risk a physical altercation.

But to answer your question, no it is not lawful to point your weapon at anyone except to defend your life or the life of another from death or severe bodily injury and this situation didn't warrant that type of response.
So, your position is that a fist fight will not result in serious bodily injury, and therefore, the mere threat of deadly force to prevent it is not justified?
The white woman was pregnant, I thought?
I read somewhere she was...... if so, it's completely unreasonable to expect her to risk a physical altercation.
She is. Even if not she was within her rights. The African mob was beyond reason.

Only in some states

in Texas for Instance, citizens can shoot criminals who are trying to rob them
Cite the statute

Only in some states

in Texas for Instance, citizens can shoot criminals who are trying to rob them
AND, in Michigan, it's up to the "reasonable person" if they feel threatened. I watched it. If this happened to me I WOULD FEEL SERIOUSLY THREATENED TOO.

A jury of HER peers would agree she was justified
Then why didn't she shoot? And she demonstrated her lack of training by having her finger on the trigger where it never should have been especially since she didn't shoot. A vehicle backfiring or a close by car door slamming could have startled her and cause her to squeeze the trigger involuntarily which is why keeping your finger off of the trigger until you're ready to shoot is one of the 4 basic rules of safe firearm handling.

They were surrounded by an angry and THREATENING MOB of 5 to 8 Africans who would not allow the couple to leave.

For the 3rd time here is the Michigan Self Defense Act

SELF-DEFENSE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 309 of 2006

780.972 Use of deadly force by individual not engaged in commission of crime; conditions.

Sec. 2.

(1) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses deadly force may use deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if either of the following applies:
(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.
(b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual.
(2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual
When was deadly force used in self-defense? Or used AT ALL?
Kinda makes my point doesnt it. Lives were SAVED because of this womans training.

Notice how the mobs tone changed immediately when she pulled a gun on the angry black bitches
No, you're citing the wrong law

"Michigan Laws 750.234e – Brandishing firearm in public; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty
Current as of: 2019 |
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not willfully and knowingly brandish a firearm in public.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to either of the following:
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 750.234e
  • Brandish: means to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in another person. See Michigan Laws 750.222
  • Firearm: means any weapon which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by action of an explosive. See Michigan Laws 750.222
  • Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
  • person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
(a) A peace officer lawfully performing his or her duties as a peace officer.

(b) A person lawfully acting in self-defense or defense of another under the self-defense act, 2006 PA 309, MCL 780.971 to 780.974.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both."

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.234e

I'm finding it more and more disturbing how many people carry firearms without apprently knowing the laws regarding when they can draw and/or shoot.

"Jillian Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Wuestenberg, 42, got into an altercation with the family outside a Chipotle in Michigan.

Watch: Video shows white woman pulling out gun on Black woman in Chipotle parking lot

July 3, 2020, 8:20 AM PDT
By Minyvonne Burke

A white couple from Clarkston, Michigan, was arrested and charged with a felony after a video showed the woman pointing a gun at a Black mother and her two daughters.

Jillian Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Wuestenberg, 42, were taken into custody on Wednesday, the same day they got into an altercation with the family at a Chipotle in Orion Township.

The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office announced Thursday that the Wuestenbergs were charged with felonious assault.

Deputies were called to the Chipotle around 6 p.m. local time for reports of threats involving a firearm, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said in a press release. Both the Wuestenbergs and the family, whom authorities did not identify, had called police on each other.

Part of the altercation was captured on cellphone video and shows two women off-camera accusing Jillian Wuestenberg of bumping into them. Eric Wuestenberg enters the frame and helps his wife get into their car before exchanging words with the mother.

Jillian Deanne Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Peter Wuestenber, 42.

Jillian Deanne Wuestenberg, 32,

Things quickly escalate after Eric Wuestenberg begins to reverse the vehicle out of the parking spot.

"You gonna f---ing hit me," the mother yells. Both groups begin arguing and the video shows Jillian Wuestenberg get out of the car and point a gun at the mother.

"Get away," Jillian Wuestenberg says, telling her husband to call the police. "Get the f--- away."

The video ends with Jillian Wuestenberg getting back into the car and the couple driving away. The footage does not show what led up to the altercation but Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said that it began when one group bumped into the other.
[snipped]

Minyvonne Burke is a breaking news reporter for NBC News."

Couple who pulled guns on Black mother and daughters charged with felony assault
I'm finding it more and more disturbing how many people carry firearms without apprently knowing the laws regarding when they can draw and/or shoot.
To be fair, according to you gun-grabbing ass wipes, the "when" is NEVER!!!

Good thing TEXAS is not a gun-grabbing communist shit hole like MICHIGAN. One can use the threat of deadly force to stop the threat of force (deadly or otherwise). It's become HIGHLY effective.

But, just to give you the benefit of the doubt, WHEN should a person be allowed to use the mere threat of deadly force (not actual deadly force, but just the threat)?
It says WHEN right in the definition of self-defense - when one is in fear for their life a firearm can be used in self-defense to prevent an imminent (immediate) threat of grievious (severe) bodily harm or death.

When you leave the relative safety of your vehicle to go after someone with gun in hand, it can be argued that you are not defending yourself, nor is the threat imminent if you have to go after your target instead of them advancing on you.

"Jillian Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Wuestenberg, 42, got into an altercation with the family outside a Chipotle in Michigan.

Watch: Video shows white woman pulling out gun on Black woman in Chipotle parking lot

By Minyvonne Burke

A white couple from Clarkston, Michigan, was arrested and charged with a felony after a video showed the woman pointing a gun at a Black mother and her two daughters.

Jillian Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Wuestenberg, 42, were taken into custody on Wednesday, the same day they got into an altercation with the family at a Chipotle in Orion Township.

The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office announced Thursday that the Wuestenbergs were charged with felonious assault.

Deputies were called to the Chipotle around 6 p.m. local time for reports of threats involving a firearm, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said in a press release. Both the Wuestenbergs and the family, whom authorities did not identify, had called police on each other.

Part of the altercation was captured on cellphone video and shows two women off-camera accusing Jillian Wuestenberg of bumping into them. Eric Wuestenberg enters the frame and helps his wife get into their car before exchanging words with the mother.

Things quickly escalate after Eric Wuestenberg begins to reverse the vehicle out of the parking spot.

"You gonna f---ing hit me," the mother yells. Both groups begin arguing and the video shows Jillian Wuestenberg get out of the car and point a gun at the mother.

"Get away," Jillian Wuestenberg says, telling her husband to call the police. "Get the f--- away."

The video ends with Jillian Wuestenberg getting back into the car and the couple driving away. The footage does not show what led up to the altercation but Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said that it began when one group bumped into the other.
[snipped]

To be fair, according to you gun-grabbing ass wipes, the "when" is NEVER!!!

Good thing TEXAS is not a gun-grabbing communist shit hole like MICHIGAN. One can use the threat of deadly force to stop the threat of force (deadly or otherwise). It's become HIGHLY effective.

But, just to give you the benefit of the doubt, WHEN should a person be allowed to use the mere threat of deadly force (not actual deadly force, but just the threat)?
It says WHEN right in the definition of self-defense - when one is in fear for their life a firearm can be used in self-defense to prevent an imminent (immediate) threat of grievious (severe) bodily harm or death.

When you leave the relative safety of your vehicle to go after someone with gun in hand, it can be argued that you are not defending yourself, nor is the threat imminent if you have to go after your target instead of them advancing on you.

And I'm just curious. Why would you assume that I'm a gun grabber?

By Minyvonne Burke

[snipped]

Its only going to get worse as guns proliferate. We really are the biggest threat to our own species.
Some day when you find yourself surrounded by an angry negro mob, your opinion will change

yawn. just because you’re afraid of black people doesn’t mean I have to be.
I think you may have hit upon a core component of the problem, that a significant number of white people fear black people and as a result their fear causes them to see threats in far too many situations where a threat (of severe bodiy harm or death) simply does not exist.

Nonetheless in most cases their fear is deemed to be justified and allowable as the excuse for shooting and killing black people.

Actually, this is the same thing we see with police shootings.
In a matter of fact, when group of criminals block your way, there are significant chances, that it is a first stage of robbery or murder. And yes, it is a bit better to be jailed by a Democratic government, than to be killed by a Democtratic gang. But much better, imho, is to defund ghettos and force them all to work. "Idle hands are the devil's workshop", you know.
The level of exaggeration and embellishment you all are engaging in is beginning to rival that of Amy Cooper the white female Central Park dog walker who called the police and told them that she was being threatened by a black man and demanded that they come immediately when all he did was ask her to put him on lease as is required by law in that area of the park. And it would be comical if you all weren't capable of inflicting so much harm on innocent folks.

It was very forward of him to ask her to put him on a leash. That is normally second date stuff, unless the man is a slut.

I am terrified of dogs-----I have no idea why. Over my OVERLY long life I have ----on rare occasion, CITED things like LEASH LAWS when confronted with a loose dog. In all cases, DOGGIE OWNERS get hysterical. ----
The bitch who decided to call the cops because someone DARED to object to her violation of a leash
law-------is actually acting like doggie lovers do. I HOPE THIS IS A LESSON TO ALL OF THEM. WE do not all love your pooch

which is why keeping your finger off of the trigger until you're ready to shoot is one of the 4 basic rules of safe firearm handling.
True

obviously the woman is not Annie Oakly ( you have heard of her, right?)

I have already theorized that she is in fact a liberal former gun grabber herself who was scared shitless that the crazy black mob was going to attack her house, which they did, and that the police would not be there to protect them

which is exactly what happened

I agree that she looked silly holding the gun the way she did because she obviously did not understand very well how to use a firearm

but people do what they have to do to protect themselves

just like this white woman who had to shoot a black intruder 5 times to protect her children:

Cite the statute
Why?

were you going to move to Texas but might change your mind if good guys can legally shoot bad guys?
Because even though it's quite possible that I'm mistaken, unless you cite or link to the law that supports what you claim, I find it difficult to believe you. You don't exactly have a track record of being a fountain of knowledge.

which is why keeping your finger off of the trigger until you're ready to shoot is one of the 4 basic rules of safe firearm handling.
True

obviously the woman is not Annie Oakly ( you have heard of her, right?)

I have already theorized that she is in fact a liberal former gun grabber herself who was scared shitless that the crazy black mob was going to attack her house, which they did, and that the police would not be there to protect them

which is exactly what happened

I agree that she looked silly holding the gun the way she did because she obviously did not understand very well how to use a firearm

but people do what they have to do to protect themselves

just like this white woman who had to shoot a black intruder 5 times to protect her children:

I thought we were discussing the white couple in the Chipotle parking lot or the white couple in Missouri who were standing on their lawn pointing their guns at protestors passing by their house. In both cases though the female had her finger on the trigger while pointing her weapon at others.

Because even though it's quite possible that I'm mistaken, unless you cite or link to the law that supports what you claim, I find it difficult to believe you.
You mean you are not moving to Texas?

thats good news

in that case here, chew on this:

I thought we were discussing the white couple in the Chipotle parking lot or the white couple in Missouri who were standing on their lawn pointing their guns at protestors passing by their house.
We are, or at least I am

what else do you want to know?

My guess is they are liberals who will not be voting to ban guns in the future

Because even though it's quite possible that I'm mistaken, unless you cite or link to the law that supports what you claim, I find it difficult to believe you.
You mean you are not moving to Texas?

thats good news

in that case here, chew on this:

This is a very specific set of circumstances, with "at night" being key however it doesn't pertain to your original comment. And why is it good news that you think I'm not moving to Texas?

By the way, note the date on this post of mine:
1594383969214.png

This is a very specific set of circumstances, with "at night" being key however it doesn't pertain to your original comment.
You can quibble over the details but it clearly empowers citizens IN TEXAS to shoot criminals in order to protect property

By Minyvonne Burke

[snipped]

Its only going to get worse as guns proliferate. We really are the biggest threat to our own species.
We've had the guns since the founding of the nation. That's not the deciding factor. Lack of civility and thinking you can assault anyone you want without repercussion is a deciding factor, however. You can only poke a bear so many times before it wakes up and swats your head off, and the bear is waking up. I've been predicting a blood bath for several years now, and it's coming. The left is going to poke the wrong people and there will be death.

Looks to me that this whole matter would have been avoided by an apology. Unfortunately it escalated beyond what it should have been. The couple should never have pulled out their weapons. The woman should not have stood behind the car and blocking their exit. Sounds like a lot of dumb decisions and the couple should be prosecuted for pulling out guns.
Another defensive gun use in which no one was harmed.

They got pissed and tried to keep that family from leaving in their car. The woman did NOTHING wrong considering how batshit crazy blacks have become in the blue plantations today. Had it been two blacks in Chicago, they'd be statistics today...

Forum List

Back