Country Music Didn't "Die"...

These two gentlemen we are discussing I first heard in the early 70's... Neither one was ever really famous, more niche musicians that fit my lifestyle like a pocket on a shirt... Hope you enjoy...
I am interested in your reaction to this lady. Apparently she was close to John Prine and was the first person signed to his label in like 15 years. Personally, I really like her music, but was curious about what you thought given the background and your attitude towards Prine.

I'll forgive the UK hat this time.

Here she is with Mr. Prine: The better of the two versions in my opinion.

When I was 26, got to go to the Stone Mountain country festival
with my older 41 year old girlfriend at the time. It was a good show...Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels, and others I can't remember. I think it was the year before I turned headbanger and wound
up married with my first son by 1989. :)

Well I agree with you on the observation on the KU cap... Would have been much better to see a RED IU cap...

Because of my inability to carry a tune in a bucket I try not to be critical of folks who get out there and wail on a tune... In my meager opinion this young lady on this particular cover seemed just a little bland... Maybe on different material she might have that snap I like to hear...

The same on the Anderson cover... I just keep hearing and envisioning Iris Dement... :dunno:

Please don't get me wrong, she is not bad...

Cause I am just an old chunk of coal...

Forum List

Back