Could You Combat Vets Pls Educate The People Who Say We Haven't Been At War Since W W 2?

EconChick

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2014
A number of members have posted this in some of the serious threads on this Board. When asked how all these vets received missing limbs over the past few decades, the problem with the word game goes over their heads.

There's the academic and political wording, and then there's reality.

Any Vets or others care to help educate them?

Do you really think someone who lost a limb really cares what the fuck you, Bush, Obama, or some liberals call it?

The reason why is the important thing here, not what it's called

The cold war and the first gulf war and the war on terrorism sure felt like wars to me.

Do you really think someone who lost a limb really cares what the fuck you, Bush, Obama, or some liberals call it?

So they didn't lose limbs fighting in wars?

Well, the combat vets I know call it war and they don't mince words when they say it either.

Every vet I know calls it war. But hey, good to know there are those that don't call combat war.

Every vet I know calls it war. But hey, good to know there are those that don't call combat war.
they can call it whatever they want. doesn't change reality - and the reality is we have not declared war since June 5, 1942

The cold war and the first gulf war and the war on terrorism sure felt like wars to me.

Hey NLT. Are you a Vet btw?
22 yrs USN. 1979 -2002

Wow, you're a squid. Thanks for your service!
3rd generation squid and proud of it thank you very much.
Tin can man

Hey, I used to be married to one of you squids. He used to kid me about my Air Force's days and days of tradition. LOL

I got no issues with the air farce...lol just kidding

Putting semantics aside, we have been in 5 wars since ww2. We haven't "won" any of them. Maybe it's time for a General to be president...or better yet a SEAL...we need to relearn the art of killing.

Forum List

Back