Could Trump Be Doing Irreversable Damage To The GOP?

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
When you have the ultimate authoritarian tyrant become the face of the GOP, he can only be doing extreme damage to the party. The main reason why the GOP is so divided is because real conservatives recognize that he doesn't accurately reflect the principles of the Republican party. They are currently outnumbered by other Republicans who have essentially moved extremely far to the right.

But what will the long term effects be of nominating Trump? Trump's most replayed soundbites will reverberate for years, being firmly implanted into the American consciousness for the foreseeable future. The very things Trump says will cause certain associations to the GOP to grow even stronger, ie., that they are the party of bigotry, hatred, authoritarianism, and so on. He is essentially damaging their reputation far more than the dems ever could.

It seems to me that Trump is putting the final nails into a damaged and confused party. Not that I give a shit, this is great entertainment.

• Banned
The other thing I wonder is, how much support for Trump is really just extreme hatred for Hillary? Are a lot of Trump supporters unconsciously engaging in a bit of cognitive dissonance simply because they hate Hillary so much? Is the support for Trump genuine?

• Banned
Another question....can you call a Trump supporter a Republican? If Trump's values and beliefs do not reflect the Republican party, then shouldn't the Trump supporters belong to a new party? Something like the 'Drumpfs" perhaps?

Perhaps you are in complete denial about what is happening with the Trump movement. It has nothing to do with establishment GOP. It has everything to do with taking power away from misguided subversive Liberals like Obama and his dim bulb stooge Hillary.

When you have the ultimate authoritarian tyrant become the face of the GOP, he can only be doing extreme damage to the party. The main reason why the GOP is so divided is because real conservatives recognize that he doesn't accurately reflect the principles of the Republican party. They are currently outnumbered by other Republicans who have essentially moved extremely far to the right.

But what will the long term effects be of nominating Trump? Trump's most replayed soundbites will reverberate for years, being firmly implanted into the American consciousness for the foreseeable future. The very things Trump says will cause certain associations to the GOP to grow even stronger, ie., that they are the party of bigotry, hatred, authoritarianism, and so on. He is essentially damaging their reputation far more than the dems ever could.

It seems to me that Trump is putting the final nails into a damaged and confused party. Not that I give a shit, this is great entertainment.

Doing? Try DID.

Done.

Over.

GOP RIP.
Thanks to Donny boy.

The GOP has reached the point it was going to reach...only now sooner.

The GOP has to figure out how to make federalism work so that all sides can co-exist.

The democrats painted Trump a "king". And Trump may think that the case.

Obama ("going to go around congress") didn't help things much.

Fortunately..one way or the other...we will have divided government.

The best kind.

• Banned
Perhaps you are in complete denial about what is happening with the Trump movement. It has nothing to do with establishment GOP. It has everything to do with taking power away from misguided subversive Liberals like Obama and his dim bulb stooge Hillary.

So, you're saying that you really don't genuinely support Trump, you are just so consumed with hatred for 'liberals' that you will vote for him. Got it. Just as I thought.

Could Trump Be Doing Irreversable Damage To The GOP?

Alternate title: "Is Water Wet?"

579d2d712a0000fa01fb3c22.jpeg

Just when you thought he couldn’t sink any lower.

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

Trump is an evil, heartless pig.

In 4 to 8 year the GOP will recover.

Paul Ryan and/or Mike Pence will be their salvation then.

Not now however.

Not for a while.

Bull.

Sh!t.

If they are going to have to rely on Paul Ryan and Pence to save the party in the future, then they truly are screwed.

Douche bags like you have been trying to make that stick for decades.

What else is new?

If they are going to have to rely on Paul Ryan and Pence to save the party in the future, then they truly are screwed.

Ryan is one of the establishment RINOs who is destroying this party. That's why he is hanging on for dear life in his primary campaign.

Douche bags like you have been trying to make that stick for decades.

What else is new?

Trump has been running for decades?

Ryan is one of the establishment RINOs who is destroying this party. That's why he is hanging on for dear life in his primary campaign.

Ryan is not a RINO, dumbass. He's a thousand times closer to what the GOP stands for than Trump. Ryan's biggest problem is that he lets people push him around. My respect level for him would skyrocket if he recanted on his endorsement of Trump.

Forum List

Back