Could Trump actually beat Hillary in a debate?

I think Trump would stomp Clinton into the ground. He puts lead weights in his gloves, and hits below the belt. There are no holds barred when Trump is in the ring.

I think Trump would take Clinton out in the first round.

lol when pigs fly whats trump going to say??That he'd make america great again??,,,build a wall?
Clinton would lay out a detailed plan about what she would do in the Middle East, and she would go over time. The red light would flash and she would keep going. She would name key players in the Middle East and how she would deal with them. Names with which Trump is completely unfamiliar.

Then Trump would have a chance to respond.

"She will get us nuked by Iran. Believe me."

And it will be all over. The rubes will eat it up. Trump wins.

are there that many rubes out there ,,,double digit IQers?

Trump would lose and lose huge in a 1 on 1 presidential debate. You are going to need a Cruz or Paul to go toe to toe with Hillary and her tag team partner the leftist scum debate moderator.

she'd have made either cruz or paul into mincemeat. I think maybe...maybe..... Christie

Yeah she isn't going to be stand a chance against Cruz unless he has the flu. The man has an audio graphic memory and is a trained debator

Even I could beat that Hillary slimebucket in a debate after smoking several joints so fat they resemble tampons.

All he ever offers are platitudes with no substance. While I don't agree with Hillary on anything I don't think Trump could best her on substance. She would constantly be able to use one phrase that would keep Trump perpetually in defense mode, "Remember when you said......*insert liberal positions here*"

TRUMP WIVES WERE IMMIGRANTS, PROVING ONCE AGAIN, THAT IMMIGRANTS ARE WILLING TO DO THINGS AMERICANS WON'T DO.

I think Trump would stomp Clinton into the ground. He puts lead weights in his gloves, and hits below the belt. There are no holds barred when Trump is in the ring.

lol when pigs fly whats trump going to say??That he'd make america great again??,,,build a wall?
Clinton would lay out a detailed plan about what she would do in the Middle East, and she would go over time. The red light would flash and she would keep going. She would name key players in the Middle East and how she would deal with them. Names with which Trump is completely unfamiliar.

Half the population has a below average IQ. :D

Trump wins.

This is all speculation because Trump and Hillary won't be debating

hillary and the Canadian

I'd be surprised if Hillary limps to the nomination. She is going to lose new Hampshire next week and Democrats are fickle. They will start voting Bernie because it will be the cool thing to do for a few weeks.
avatar,,,write this down ,,,,you heard it here first lol Hillary Clinton will be your next president

Half the population has a below average IQ. :D

can we call them republicans?

Trump wins.

Trump would lose and lose huge in a 1 on 1 presidential debate. You are going to need a Cruz or Paul to go toe to toe with Hillary and her tag team partner the leftist scum debate moderator.

she'd have made either cruz or paul into mincemeat. I think maybe...maybe..... Christie

Yeah she isn't going to be stand a chance against Cruz unless he has the flu. The man has an audio graphic memory and is a trained debator

she made every republican who did her hearing look like idiots.

you way overestimate cruz. he's disgusting to anyone but the far reaches of the gubmint haters. he didn't even get a third of a half of GOP voters.

trust me, he skeeves normal people.

I have to admit that Clinton has done a very good job debating so far.

But....her success has not been due to substance. Sanders beats her on substance. Clinton is succeeding with style, which isn't much different than Trump. The main difference is that Clinton is better at selling style. Clinton has demonstrated a strong propensity to avoid direct answers to difficult questions and to re-divert to more amicable waters. The reason this has been successful is because she doesn't employ 100% avoidance. She gives a superficial acknowledgement of the question at hand before diverting or re-diverting into saying more feel good prepared statements.

All in all, Clinton is just as much reliant on fluff and populist pandering as Trump is. She avoids dealing with substance. She is very good at maintaining a mature composure, which helps to create the illusion of "looking Presidential." So far, populist pandering has been easily successful among a target audience of Democrats, when debating amongst Democrats. On debating ability alone, she would easily defeat Trump, as she employs the same fundamental strategy, but at a much higher skill level.

However, one should not mistake this to mean that Clinton will be able to successfully debate any Republican, generally speaking, in a general election debate. In a primary debate the goal is to become the favorite Democrat by discussing things that are largely agreed upon by participants and audience members alike. In a general election debate the primary goal is to win over centrists and undecided voters by convincing them that Democratic solutions are superior to Republican solutions. This is a much more formidable task, and one which is poorly suited by Clinton's observed strategy thus far of populist pandering to a receptive audience in a cookie cutter format.

hillary and the Canadian

I'd be surprised if Hillary limps to the nomination. She is going to lose new Hampshire next week and Democrats are fickle. They will start voting Bernie because it will be the cool thing to do for a few weeks.
avatar,,,write this down ,,,,you heard it here first lol Hillary Clinton will be your next president

Is she going to run the country from federal prison?

TRUMP: I don't have time to learn all those foreign leaders' names, okay? Anyway, I'm not going to be talking to any of them. Except Putin. We were a big hit on 60 Minutes together. He and I will get along just fine. But those other guys, I don't need them. America doesn't need them! They need us!

Wild applause.

All he ever offers are platitudes with no substance. While I don't agree with Hillary on anything I don't think Trump could best her on substance. She would constantly be able to use one phrase that would keep Trump perpetually in defense mode, "Remember when you said......*insert liberal positions here*"
Clinton has perfected the deflection of a question that, if truth would be told, had a negative answer. She is a pro at debates, there is no doubt. She can turn any negative question into platitudes for herself.

At the same time, Trump would be a complete disaster in a debate. He doesn't have the vocabulary, instincts, or filter to stay away from appearing to look like what he is, an ego gone wrong.

The perfect person to debate her would have been Newt Gingrich. He could take any question, frame it properly as a history lesson and give superb answers. He would have gone after Clinton and come out on top.

I have to admit that Clinton has done a very good job debating so far.

But....her success has not been due to substance. Sanders beats her on substance. Clinton is succeeding with style, which isn't much different than Trump. The main difference is that Clinton is better at selling style. Clinton has demonstrated a strong propensity to avoid direct answers to difficult questions and to re-divert to more amicable waters. The reason this has been successful is because she doesn't employ 100% avoidance. She gives a superficial acknowledgement of the question at hand before diverting or re-diverting into saying more feel good prepared statements.

All in all, Clinton is just as much reliant on fluff and populist pandering as Trump is. She avoids dealing with substance. She is very good at maintaining a mature composure, which helps to create the illusion of "looking Presidential." So far, populist pandering has been easily successful among a target audience of Democrats, when debating amongst Democrats. On debating ability alone, she would easily defeat Trump, as she employs the same fundamental strategy, but at a much higher skill level.

However, one should not mistake this to mean that Clinton will be able to successfully debate any Republican, generally speaking, in a general election debate. In a primary debate the goal is to become the favorite Democrat by discussing things that are largely agreed upon by participants and audience members alike. In a general election debate the primary goal is to win over centrists and undecided voters by convincing them that Democratic solutions are superior to Republican solutions. This is a much more formidable task, and one which is poorly suited by Clinton's observed strategy thus far of populist pandering to a receptive audience in a cookie cutter format.

I don't see sanders besting her on substance.

and ultimately, it doesn't matter. sanders can't win. but I do appreciate the right loving him so much.

hillary and the Canadian

Is she going to run the country from federal prison?
if need be ,,,,,,,,but you and I both know there's no prison in her future ,,,that's just repub claptrap to make themselves feel good

Forum List

Back