Could Ron Paul leave the Republican Party?

We don't like most of Pauls looney ideas nor his looney supporters so its no loss. The election will be decided by the independents in the swing states as always. Not some small insignificant fraction of the gop.

His "loony ideas" are the foundation to the Constitution you fakes keep claiming as the basis for your politics.

Go join the Democrat Party if those squishy dingbat moderates mean so damned much to you.

Those are not the values I'm for. You don't control a society for a hundred years then suddenly and abruptly release them and expect positive outcomes.
The same bullshit red herring that was used to describe the freed slaves back in 1866...Turns out they understood how freedom worked out after all.

His ideas domestically outside of fiscal ones would lead to complete anarchy. States fighting states over recognition of local laws. Massive increases in juvenile drug use which would lead to more crime to feed the addiction.....Anyone who is pro drug use will NEVER get my vote. My drug use as a juvenile nearly destroyed my life and I had limited access. Open the market up and the decline of our families will be unreal.

No thanks.
Ahhh...The old reducto-ad-anarchy scare tactic.

And he's not pro drug use, you old fool...He's for letting the states decide how to deal with the issue, just like they do for liquor....Just because you nearly wrecked your life by your stupid choices means that everyone else will.

BTW, I notice that the laws against drugs didn't keep you from getting your mitts on them.

Last edited:
His "loony ideas" are the foundation to the Constitution you fakes keep claiming as the basis for your politics.

Go join the Democrat Party if those squishy dingbat moderates mean so damned much to you.

Those are not the values I'm for. You don't control a society for a hundred years then suddenly and abruptly release them and expect positive outcomes.
The same bullshit red herring that was used to describe the freed slaves back in 1866...Turns out they understood how freedom worked out after all.

His ideas domestically outside of fiscal ones would lead to complete anarchy. States fighting states over recognition of local laws. Massive increases in juvenile drug use which would lead to more crime to feed the addiction.....Anyone who is pro drug use will NEVER get my vote. My drug use as a juvenile nearly destroyed my life and I had limited access. Open the market up and the decline of our families will be unreal.

No thanks.

And he's not pro drug use, you old fool...He's for letting the states decide how to deal with the issue, just like they do for liquor....Just because you nearly wrecked your life by your stupid choices means that everyone else will.

BTW, I notice that the laws against drugs didn't keep you from getting your mitts on them.

Owned.

Thread possibly over as well.

No thanks.

Doesn't change my vote or opinion. I'm well aware he wants to grant the states the rights. And since most states need major revenue increases it would be just like gambling. A slow but steady increase.

And I'm no fool.

Grampa Those are not the values I'm for. You don't control a society for a hundred years then suddenly and abruptly release them and expect positive outcomes. Anyone who is pro drug use will NEVER get my vote. My drug use as a juvenile nearly destroyed my life and I had limited access. Open the market up and the decline of our families will be unreal. [/quote said:
Portugal decriminalized all drugs. Currently, government officials are saying positive things about it; the crime and number of users decreasing. I guess we will see how it works out for them in a few more years.

However, I don't think heroine or cocaine are going to be legal anytime soon regardless of who becomes president; the president doesn't have sole power to do that. So I'm not worried about heroine and cocaine becoming "legal."

At most, we are talking marijuana here. Alcohol and prescription drugs are already available, used by minors, etc. Our current administration and all of the nominees support those continuing to be "legal", as they haven't made any statements otherwise.
What's the difference in that and marijuana? It's all addictive and potentially damaging, depending on the user.

Lastly, the current laws don't prevent users from getting drugs. If someone is going to sniff coke or shoot heroine they will get it illegal or not. You can't "control" someone into not doing hard core drugs.

Doesn't change my vote or opinion. I'm well aware he wants to grant the states the rights. And since most states need major revenue increases it would be just like gambling. A slow but steady increase.

And I'm no fool.
Yeah, you're a fool to think that the law is the only thing separating people who want to drugs from doing them.

As was already pointed out, it didn't stop you....Funny how everyone else can be deemed stupid and weak, but the wisdom of your experience is beyond reproach.

No thanks.

And I'm no fool.

You ARE a fool if you think removing federal drug laws is somehow going to lead to the widespread empowerment of heroin junkies, or whatever.

States that still have unfavorable majority views on drugs will continue keeping them illegal. At the very worst, they may at least be able to pursue medical marijuana without federal thugs with assault rifles raiding clinics.

And, oh my god, HEMP production would move forward! The horror! All that extra income and eventual release from the stranglehold of big oil, big petrochemical, big paper, big cotton, etc, would be such a blow to this country :rolleyes:

Ron Paul has a cult following. He has no real loyalty to the Republicans. Only to himself. It wouldn't bother him at all to run on a third party. He's bounced back and forth between Republicans and libertarians for decades. There is no real danger to Paul running on a third party since to all intents and purposes for the Republicans those votes and voters do not exist.

The real danger would be if by some miracle Ron Paul ended up the republican nominee forcing the Republicans to go third party. It would be obama in a landslide.

What is Dr. Paul's views on Education? Does he think the Feds should get out of it, and leave the states to decide their education policies?

Isn't that what most people want anyway?

What is Dr. Paul's views on Education? Does he think the Feds should get out of it, and leave the states to decide their education policies?

I don't know about what most people want, but his views against federal involvement in education are probably the strongest in the GOP.

Ron Paul has a cult following. He has no real loyalty to the Republicans. Only to himself. It wouldn't bother him at all to run on a third party. He's bounced back and forth between Republicans and libertarians for decades. There is no real danger to Paul running on a third party since to all intents and purposes for the Republicans those votes and voters do not exist.

The real danger would be if by some miracle Ron Paul ended up the republican nominee forcing the Republicans to go third party. It would be obama in a landslide.
He only left the GOP once.

You really don't know jack schitt about the man, do you.

I don't know about what most people want, but his views against federal involvement in education are probably the strongest in the GOP.

Well, I'm with him on that one! :thup:

Well, I'm with him on that one! :thup:

Because you're smart enough to realize that some bureaucrat in some office in DC that's never even been to Indiana does not know what's best for your state's educational needs.

And I'm no fool.
Yeah, you're a fool to think that the law is the only thing separating people who want to drugs from doing them.

As was already pointed out, it didn't stop you....Funny how everyone else can be deemed stupid and weak, but the wisdom of your experience is beyond reproach.

I know your negs overpower mine but fuck you anyway. Enjoy it.

I don't understand why people try so hard to be dick heads on the internet. But you sir have succeeded.

I don't understand why people try so hard to be dick heads on the internet. But you sir have succeeded.
You're the dickhead who seems to think that people are too stupid to be free....Well "people", that is, except for you.

You really would be a much better fit in the Democrat Party....They think that they're smarter than everyone else, too.

We don't like most of Pauls looney ideas nor his looney supporters so its no loss. The election will be decided by the independents in the swing states as always. Not some small insignificant fraction of the gop.

His ideas domestically outside of fiscal ones would lead to complete anarchy. States fighting states over recognition of local laws. Massive increases in juvenile drug use which would lead to more crime to feed the addiction.

Anyone who is pro drug use will NEVER get my vote. My drug use as a juvenile nearly destroyed my life and I had limited access. Open the market up and the decline of our families will be unreal.

No thanks.

So your argument is that by legalizing drugs that crime will increase? This is the most rediculous statement I have ever seen you make.

You only have to look at prohibition to see the absolute rediculousness of this statement. Any state that would pass a legalization of marijuana law (just for example) would also pass legislation regulating to whom it's sold and how it is marketed. The cost will be significantly cheaper since the black market is what keeps the cost so high so there will be less reason for crime since you could probably just bum a joint off of someone like people do with cigs right now. Also I don't think many violent crimes are being committed because someone needs a joint right now. Most of the violent drug crime related to marijuana is over turf or because someone rips off someone else. Legalizing would eliminate both of those scenarios. An additional benefit would be an immediate drop in capital going to the drug cartels.

Legalizing other drugs would allow for regulation in their production and eliminate the need for people to create bathtub varieties of drugs that harm the environment and put other people at risk around them. There would be no more meth labs exploding and no more motels being used to make illicit drugs and then unsuspecting people renting those rooms that are coated in chemical residue that is potentially harmful. There would be fewer deaths related to drugs that are manufactured incorrectly or cut with unsafe chemicals. Legalizing coke would be the final straw to the cartels and would elminiate some of the traffic across the border from illegals being used as mules. legalization of heroin would take a lot of money away from terrorist organizations and gaurantee a safe and clean supply.

Drug laws aren't stopping drug use, the same people who are prone to drug use will use drugs regardless of its legal status. I challenge the assertion that if drugs are legal more people will use them. Drinking is legal and I don't drink. Cigarettes are legal and I don't smoke. People should be given the choice as long as they are willing to pay for their own health care if they need help getting off of them.

His ideas domestically outside of fiscal ones would lead to complete anarchy. States fighting states over recognition of local laws. Massive increases in juvenile drug use which would lead to more crime to feed the addiction.

Anyone who is pro drug use will NEVER get my vote. My drug use as a juvenile nearly destroyed my life and I had limited access. Open the market up and the decline of our families will be unreal.

No thanks.

Pro drug use? I don't recall Paul ever promoting drug use. I do recall Paul espousing the liberty that the Constitution guarantees to US citizens. Maybe you are confuns the two? I'm anit-drug. I've never touched a drug that wasn't perscribed and even then, I took it within the doctor's guidelines. If I caught my son using, there would be hell to pay. That being said, drug use whould be up to the individual to decide and he should use personal responsibility for such use. Legalizing drugs would not lead to massive drug use by juveniles and I'm surprised some people continue to use this falsehood. Illegal black market items are easy for kids to get their hands on. Legalize drugs and they can be regulated, controlled and taxed just like alcohol. Tell you what, wait outside a 7/11 and hand underage kids a $20 bill and tell them to go buy a six pack and a pack of cigarettes and see how many come walking out with the items. While kids do manage to get their hands on them, there isn't an alcohol and cigarette black market that makes the items easy to get. They have to find someone actually willing to buy the stuff for them. If anything, legalizing drugs makes it much harder for kids to get their hands on them.

You're the dickhead who seems to think that people are too stupid to be free....Well "people", that is, except for you.

You really would be a much better fit in the Democrat Party....They think that they're smarter than everyone else, too.

I never said anyone was stupid, that was YOUR assertion. Nor did I insult anyone. Only the weak continually do that as a substitute for honest debate.

No thanks.

Pro drug use? I don't recall Paul ever promoting drug use. I do recall Paul espousing the liberty that the Constitution guarantees to US citizens. Maybe you are confuns the two? I'm anit-drug. I've never touched a drug that wasn't perscribed and even then, I took it within the doctor's guidelines. If I caught my son using, there would be hell to pay. That being said, drug use whould be up to the individual to decide and he should use personal responsibility for such use. Legalizing drugs would not lead to massive drug use by juveniles and I'm surprised some people continue to use this falsehood. Illegal black market items are easy for kids to get their hands on. Legalize drugs and they can be regulated, controlled and taxed just like alcohol. Tell you what, wait outside a 7/11 and hand underage kids a $20 bill and tell them to go buy a six pack and a pack of cigarettes and see how many come walking out with the items. While kids do manage to get their hands on them, there isn't an alcohol and cigarette black market that makes the items easy to get. They have to find someone actually willing to buy the stuff for them. If anything, legalizing drugs makes it much harder for kids to get their hands on them.

I misworded it. I ment pro legalization

I never said anyone was stupid, that was YOUR assertion. Nor did I insult anyone. Only the weak continually do that as a substitute for honest debate.

Well what else would be your reasoning for advocating laws that protect people from themselves? You think drugs are bad, and that we need laws to restrict people from them.

Wtf do you know about what's best for me, or anyone else?

Forum List

Back