Could Lebron James cut it in the NFL?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
BEREA, Ohio (AP) - If LeBron James truly believes he can help the Cleveland Browns, coach Eric Mangini has an orange helmet waiting for him.

"I think he should come on down," Mangini said, smiling. "I know he's pretty busy right now, but if he wants to give it a shot, the guy is gifted. He's competitive and tough. I'm sure whatever he applied himself to, he'd probably be good in baseball or soccer or swimming."

The NBA superstar, who was an All-State wide receiver in high school, said Tuesday night that if he put the time and commitment into it, he could be a good football player. Mangini agreed, calling James "a freak athletically" and said the 6-foot-8, 260-pounder could be dangerous at tight end, wide receiver or even outside linebacker.

If the Browns designed some "alley oop" plays for the end zone and short yardage it would be hard to defend. He is big and athletic...hard to beat him for a jump ball

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - If LeBron James truly believes he can help the Cleveland Browns, coach Eric Mangini has an orange helmet waiting for him.

"I think he should come on down," Mangini said, smiling. "I know he's pretty busy right now, but if he wants to give it a shot, the guy is gifted. He's competitive and tough. I'm sure whatever he applied himself to, he'd probably be good in baseball or soccer or swimming."

The NBA superstar, who was an All-State wide receiver in high school, said Tuesday night that if he put the time and commitment into it, he could be a good football player. Mangini agreed, calling James "a freak athletically" and said the 6-foot-8, 260-pounder could be dangerous at tight end, wide receiver or even outside linebacker.

ANYONE would improve the Browns.

You know who thinks that Lebron could cut it in the NFL? People who don't know sports, especially football!

The same idiots who think Lebron could realistically make it in the NFL, are the same idiots who thought Bock Lesnar and Usain Bolt were going to make it in the NFL, when they tried. Just like Bolt and Lesnar failed, so too would Lebron!

The same idiots who think Lebron could realistically make it in the NFL, are the same idiots who thought Bock Lesnar and Usain Bolt were going to make it in the NFL, when they tried. Just like Bolt and Lesnar failed, so too would Lebron!

Bob Hayes and Willie Gault made it and they were track stars

Antonio Gates makes a pretty good Tight End and he was a basketball player

Bob Hayes and Willie Gault made it and they were track stars

Antonio Gates makes a pretty good Tight End and he was a basketball player
Bob Hayes was a track star in the early 60's, and played well in the NFL in the 70's.

Willie Gault was a track star in the late 70's, and played in the NFL in the 80's.

Antonio Gates was a stud football player in high school, who choose to play basketball.
After being a mediocre basketball player, he went back to playing football.

You've listed the extreme exceptions to the rule, most being from past decades. Name the athletes who have failed to make the transition? Name the star athletes from one sport, who have successful transitioned to the NFL?

Forum List

Back