Corporations already outspend both partys

It blows me away that Americans are defending this shit.

History is going to read really weirdly for these times.

It takes the government all of 4 fucking seconds to spend what corporations and individual spend all year in political advertising

Apples and oranges. Keep up. The subject is spending on political advertising. The government spends zero on purely political advertising. You're muddying the waters. Is that intentional?

Show me in the Constitution where the government can limit political spending.

Thank you in advance for your evasive answer.

Isnt there a comedy site you could go post at?

Or did they kick you off for lack of comedic talent?

It takes the government all of 4 fucking seconds to spend what corporations and individual spend all year in political advertising

Apples and oranges. Keep up. The subject is spending on political advertising. The government spends zero on purely political advertising. You're muddying the waters. Is that intentional?

Oh you mean this question you asked someone elsse?

Oh you mean this question you asked someone elsse?

As I predicted, thank you in advance for your evasive answer

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

It doesn't say anywhere in the constitution that the government can limit spending.

Now show me in the constitution where it says a corporation has any rights, let alone the same rights as a citizen/person. Also, show me in the constitution where it says that spending is speech.

This country was not set up by our founders to protect the India companies freedom to buy out the colonial news papers.

Are you saying Indians should not be allowed to buy stock in the NY Times Company?

I don't know if you're trying to make a joke her or if you really don't know enough about US history to understand his point.

Yeah, that must be it.

You still own me a citation in the Constitution that allows the government to set a limit or stop private political advertisement.

Also, what percent Indian ownership of the NY Times Company is allowed before it runs afoul of your litmus test?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

So the NY Times Company is not entitled to protection under the First Amendment, correct?

It doesn't say anywhere in the constitution that the government can limit spending.

Now show me in the constitution where it says a corporation has any rights, let alone the same rights as a citizen/person. Also, show me in the constitution where it says that spending is speech.

So the NY Times Company is not entitled to protection under the First Amendment, correct?

Congress shall make no law abridging the Freedom of speech....seems clear as day.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now ask yourself why they did not say corporations in genral if that was the intent?

Forum List

Back