Corporate Tax Revenue Came In 31% Below Predictions, And It's Getting Worse

Though business profits remain healthy and the economy is strong, total corporate taxes are at the lowest levels seen in more than 50 years.

That's awesome! Now that the tax cuts are locked in next we need to boot all the deadbeat mooching losers off welfare and cut spending.

Simple Simon sycophant ^^^; also a member of the Lunatic Fringe.

Federal tax payments by big businesses are falling much faster than anticipated in the wake of Republicans’ tax cuts, providing ammunition to Democrats who are calling for corporate tax increases.
The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

Though business profits remain healthy and the economy is strong, total corporate taxes are at the lowest levels seen in more than 50 years.

Big businesses paying even less than expected under GOP tax law

But the frightening thing is that, despite all the sugar Trump and the Republicans have poured into the system, dark clouds continue to gather on the horizon. The economy looks set to slide into a recession with interest rates near record lows and corporations already basking in gifts even bigger than predicted. Any “stimulus” that happens to pull the U.S. out of this one, isn’t going to come through tax breaks for corporations. That well is already dry.
OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

THATS 14 MINUTES OF SPENDING!

This is why we have a 22 trillion dollar debt...people like you care more about politics than the country.
/——/ Cut spending. Problem solved.

Federal tax payments by big businesses are falling much faster than anticipated in the wake of Republicans’ tax cuts, providing ammunition to Democrats who are calling for corporate tax increases.
The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

But the frightening thing is that, despite all the sugar Trump and the Republicans have poured into the system, dark clouds continue to gather on the horizon. The economy looks set to slide into a recession with interest rates near record lows and corporations already basking in gifts even bigger than predicted. Any “stimulus” that happens to pull the U.S. out of this one, isn’t going to come through tax breaks for corporations. That well is already dry.
OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

This is why we have a 22 trillion dollar debt...people like you care more about politics than the country.

Another dumb comment. Seems the Trump sycophants and pseudo conservatives have no clue. It is past time for a fiscal responsible budget policy.

Once I believed the line-item budget would fix the budget, then trump came along.

Last edited:

That's awesome! Now that the tax cuts are locked in next we need to boot all the deadbeat mooching losers off welfare and cut spending.

We don't need more taxes you retard. I swear you people are dumb. :icon_rolleyes:

OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

“The evidence continues to mount that the Trump-GOP tax cuts were a scam, a giant bait-and-switch that promised workers big pay raises, a lot more jobs and new investments, but they largely enriched CEOs and the already wealthy,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness.

He noted only 4% of the US workforce saw any sort of pay increase or bonus from the tax cuts. Meanwhile, data collected by ATF shows corporations have cut thousands of jobs since the tax cuts were passed, while using tax windfalls to buy back $1tn of their own stock, which primarily benefits corporate executives and wealthy investors since half of all Americans own no stock.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

Tell those thousands of people in that article, that won't be voting Trump next year that. I'm sure they'll understand.

We don't need more taxes you retard. I swear you people are dumb. :icon_rolleyes:

Instead of taking a course in macroeconomics you would likely flunk, buy a copy of Simcity and see how fiscal conservatism works.

OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

Another dumb comment. Seems the Trump sycophants and pseudo conservatives have no clue. It is past time for a fiscal responsible budget policy.

Once I believed the line-item budget would fix the budget, then trump came along.
/—-/ How do you control your budget in your personal life? Just curious what happens when you spend more than you take home.

OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

/—-/ How do you control your budget in your personal life? Just curious what happens when you spend more than you take home.

My wife and I are fiscally responsible. We've never spent more than we earn in the 45 years we've been married. That does not mean we didn't buy a home using a loan, or a car or using a credit care for major purposes such as appliances.

When we needed a new roof, we took out a home loan and paid the interest. (in those days interest was tax deductible - Reagan eliminated that).

Better to take on debt, than to allow the roof to leak and destroy the interior (that is what I mean by fiscally responsible, something the Federal Government seems unable to comprehend).

Balanced budgets are an unmitigated joke, shit happens and all budgets are nothing more than a plan, which is reviewed as time passes by sensible and responsible people.

Thus the talk by fiscal conservatives about a balanced budget amendment would be disastrous.

Last edited:
Because dimocrap scum are fucking stupid, here's a heads-up --

The biggest deduction a corporation can take..... Numero Uno...... The most important write-off

Business expansion costs.

But, since dimocrap scum are fucking stupid, they wouldn't even think to attribute the lower tax revenue to corporations investing in America. Because dimocrap FILTH would never dream of investing in America.

The thought would never cross their tiny, diseased brain.

Thank you for the good news......if these corporations are keeping more of the money they earn through the products and services they provide, that means the greedy, corrupt politicians in the Federal Government have less to waste, and steal......and the corporations have more money to invest in jobs and expansion...

This is great news, as the economy can only grow if the government takes less money....but in fact, tax revenue for the federal government is up, not down....

OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

And yet this election you will vote for your beloved Repubs who would not know how to cut spending if they actually wanted to

I’m not going that route, I'm questioning your logic. So green light pensions and VA care because they are for government employees and military... I’m guessing infrastructure is unconstitutional in your mind, is that correct?
I never said that,,,

unless you can show me where in the constitution that resides,,,
That all depends on how you define General welfare” doesn’t it?
stealing from the majority to give to a minority is not in the general welfare,,,

Take your blessed freedom and make enough so you don't give a shit about those pennies or STFU. Only a true asshole would shit on those less fortunate less themselves.

I'm not shiting on anyone,,,just leaving them alone to live their life

its them that is shitting on me by stealing my hard earned money,,,
Like I said. Earn enough so you don't give a shit or STFU. Assisting the less fortunate is essential in a civilized society. Accept that fundamental truth and move on.

Corporate Tax Revenue Came In 31% Below Predictions, And It's Getting Worse

Those are taxes, based on corporate "PROFITS" not losses or writeoffs, Has anyone included the cost writeoff of moving manufacturing back to US shores? My guess is no. Recompute it and include that.

So would you say that the VA is unconstitutional?

I see you have trouble sticking to the topic,,,

kool-aid has a tendency to cause that,,,
I’m on subject, just had a quick question to see where you draw the line. Why don’t you answer it. Looks like youre dodging.

I did answer,,,

where in the constitution does that authority exist???

my line when we are talking about the feds is the constitution,,,
Ok then so you would consider the VA unconstitutional, right?
The Federal Government is required by the Constitution to provide a military. Compensation for disabilities due to military service can not be considered unconstitutional.
Do you have a link? I’d like to see where the constitution says that all military and their families are entitled to lifetime healthcare benefits

I never said that,,,

unless you can show me where in the constitution that resides,,,
That all depends on how you define General welfare” doesn’t it?
stealing from the majority to give to a minority is not in the general welfare,,,

Take your blessed freedom and make enough so you don't give a shit about those pennies or STFU. Only a true asshole would shit on those less fortunate less themselves.

I'm not shiting on anyone,,,just leaving them alone to live their life

its them that is shitting on me by stealing my hard earned money,,,
Like I said. Earn enough so you don't give a shit or STFU. Assisting the less fortunate is essential in a civilized society. Accept that fundamental truth and move on.

how do you know what I do in my private life???

stealing from me and giving to another is not charity, its theft,,,

not to mention the war on poverty is a complete failure,,,
and a civilized society follows the law not violate it,,,

OMG DOWN $11 BILLION!!!!

My wife and I are fiscally responsible. We've never spent more than we earn in the 45 years we've been married. That does not mean we didn't buy a home using a loan, or a car or using a credit care for major purposes such as appliances.

When we needed a new roof, we took out a home loan and paid the interest. (in those days interest was tax deductible - Reagan eliminated that).

Better to take on debt, than to allow the roof to leak and destroy the interior (that is what I mean by fiscally responsible, something the Federal Government seems unable to comprehend).

Balanced budgets are an unmitigated joke, shit happens and all budgets are nothing more than a plan, which is reviewed as time passes by sensible and responsible people.

Thus the talk by fiscal conservatives about a balanced budget amendment would be disastrous.

I’m still waiting for the government to be fiscally responsible. Doubt I’ll see that in my lifetime.

If they go to jail then they broke the law. I don’t know who gets killed for not paying taxes so that sounds like more hyperbole to me

what if they choose not to go to jail???
If they break the law, are convicted of a crime, and sentenced to jail then that’s where they go. You’re digging yourself into a hole. Give up on this silly argument of yours and try honest conversation for a change
that was honest,,,
Calling legal taxation robbery isn’t honest. You defend funding the military because it’s in the constitution but then refer to taxation as robbing the rich. No that’s not honest. It is hypocritical

have you always been a fucking moron or is it something new youre trying???

I never said that,,
You never said what?

I see you have trouble sticking to the topic,,,

kool-aid has a tendency to cause that,,,
I’m on subject, just had a quick question to see where you draw the line. Why don’t you answer it. Looks like youre dodging.

I did answer,,,

where in the constitution does that authority exist???

my line when we are talking about the feds is the constitution,,,
Ok then so you would consider the VA unconstitutional, right?
The Federal Government is required by the Constitution to provide a military. Compensation for disabilities due to military service can not be considered unconstitutional.
Do you have a link? I’d like to see where the constitution says that all military and their families are entitled to lifetime healthcare benefits

key word being military,,,and who said their families are covered for life???

Forum List

Back