Cop threatens woman over F*ck Bush Bumper Sticker

no1tovote4 said:
Took me a while to decipher this one. LOL.

I wonder if they used CLGRL if it would be allowed...

:smoke:

I think it is fun trying to figure them out..... I have seen some pretty funny ones.

freeandfun1 said:
Here in Nevada the application for custom plates clearly says you cannot use words that are offensive (curse words) or any combination of letters that might be interpreted as curse words. And you have to explain in detail what the combination of letters, numbers or words means and why you want them.

They make it very difficult. But I did see one the other day that read:

XCLGRL

I bet it was on a Mercedes too.

Just an aside:

here's how that story would have been published in an AOL Chat Room:

STIKAR STUK IN COPS CRAW
HAS SUBJECT OF PROB AFTER COMNG UNGLUED OV3R BUMPER STIKAR

BY BRIAN CR3C3NTE ROKY MOUNTANE N3WS
JANUARY 25 205

A DENV3R POLIEC SARGEANT IS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR AL3GEDLY THREAETNNG 2 AREST A WOMAN MONDAY FOR DISPLAYNG ON HER TRUK A D3ROGA2RY BUMPER STIK3R ABOUT PR3SIEDNT BUSH!!!!1!!

HE 2LD HAR TAHT THIS WAS A WARNNG AND TAHT TEH NEXT TIEM HE SAW HER TRUK SHA WAS GONG 2 B ARESTED IF SHA DIDNT R3MOV3 TEH STIKAR SADE ALINA FIGUAROA 25 ASISTANT MANAEGR OF DA UPS S2R3 WH3RE DA CONFRONTATION 2K PLAEC!11!! LOL I CUDNT BLEIVE IT!1!!1 LOL

My question:

Isn't illegal to display publically the F...word in most parts of the U.S.

Isn't this going beyond freedom of speech to freedom to degrade?

Regards, Eightballsidepocket :salute:

Unfortunately and luckily (both)we cannot legislate against what might be considered poor taste. I ride with a group of motorcyclists and believe me they will put anything on their jackets and vests. I support their right to express their opinions but I wish they would consider the rest of us who might not share their opinion and are lumped together with them when we ride as a group. (Then at meetings they complain about attitudes by the public about bikers).
I dont have any "bumperstickers" on my car but I have a NPR sticker in my window and I have gotten comments and the finger for that.
Its all part and parcel of a free society and tolerance is a huge part of it.

Eightball said:
My question:

Isn't illegal to display publically the F...word in most parts of the U.S.

Isn't this going beyond freedom of speech to freedom to degrade?

Regards, Eightballsidepocket :salute:

Actually due to the VN war and the Draft, a young man wore a F*ck the Draft shirt and was arrested for vulgarity. The SCOTUS Ruled that this was a violation of Free speech therefore laws against the word are unconsitutional and cannot be prosecuted.

no1tovote4 said:
Actually due to the VN war and the Draft, a young man wore a F*ck the Draft shirt and was arrested for vulgarity. The SCOTUS Ruled that this was a violation of Free speech therefore laws against the word are unconsitutional and cannot be prosecuted.

Thank you for informing me on this.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket :usa:

no1tovote4 said:
I always wonder why people would think it was okay to put F*ck (Insert anything at all here) bumper stickers on their car to begin with.

I don't need my 4 year old who is just beginning to read to ask me what F*ck (insert word) means right now. I would rather keep her innocent for just a few more days.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly.

Said1 said:
We had a bumber sticker on our truck that read "Photo raidar this" with a hand flipping the bird. My ex did get a few speeding tickets after he stuck on the window. Coincidence?

Well that's stupid! I have a Western Illinois Sticker on my back window, (the #1 school for law enforcement in Midwest). I also have a "We support law enforcement" bumper sticker. I've only had 2 tickets in my life. Avg speed on highway: 88.

Kathianne said:
Well that's stupid! I have a Western Illinois Sticker on my back window, (the #1 school for law enforcement in Midwest). I also have a "We support law enforcement" bumper sticker. I've only had 2 tickets in my life. Avg speed on highway: 88.

Where can i get me one of those:)

Kathianne said:

I'll have to second that......."talk about baiting the authorities".

-=d=- said:
Rumor was those 'Calvin-pissing on (insert item)' stickers were a violation of 'decency/profanity' laws in SC...ppl were purported to have received tickets for them.

in South Carolina, you say.

no1tovote4 said:
thats how them little buttholes in schools can get away with wearing crap like that. freedom of expression....my ass

That is horrible that, that cop was ever issued a gun and a badge. If he cant conduct himself profesionally over a bumpersticker, imagine how he would handle an actor who ran or put up some sort of struggle, or forbid told that cop he "F*cking sucks". Its not illegal to be a jerk or have poor taste however it is illegal to harass and threaten people you dont agree with. That dude needs fired.

Kathianne said:

I give 15 dollars a year to the Texas Highway Patrol Association and get a silver shield sticker for my back window and windshield above the inspection sticker . I know those have saved me a few bucks in speeding fines . I have had them come up next to me while I was distracted and doing 85 , the guy pulled behind me and I told my brother I needed to hang up because a cop was going to pull me over , he stayed behind me for a few miles to probably check if I had any warrants and then he came around on my left , I gave him a sheepish "I'm sorry " look and he took off .Well worth the 15 bucks and it goes to the kids and widows of slain officers .Win win situation.
I have always been amazed when I see a dark van with a graphic of a huge pot leaf on the back , how often do they get stopped before they figure it out? :coffee3:

...and people wonder why I never put my Bad Cop - No Donut! sticker on my car...

Forum List

Back