Cop shoots Reporter.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
That headline alone is worth its weight in gold. Yet it gets better. New Carlisle Ohio is a small town. The population was 5,700 or so in 2010. Here is a picture of Main Street.

IMG_0130.JPG

So not really a crime Mecca. But our intrepid reporter was setting up to take some photographs of lightning at about ten at night. Yeah, that was apparently the big news until. Andy Grimm saw a traffic stop and decided that was big news. So Andy got his camera and tripod and set it up when

Deputy shoots news photographer - who pleads to protect deputy's job - Hot Air

"I know Jake, I like Jake, I don't want him to lose his job over this." Andy Grimm said.

Um. What? Thankfully Jake Shaw like most cops is a lousy shot and Andy was only wounded. Unfortunately like most cops Jake Shaw is quick to shoot so Andy was wounded.

I'm sure that Jake thought this guy in the Studebaker parking lot was setting up a Rocket Launcher or some sort of guided missile launcher. Or Something.

Your house is gone, your kid is drowned, your husband is in the hospital with broken legs from the roof collapsing on him. HOW DO YOU FEEL? CAN YOU SHARE WITH US? and microphone is shoved up the persons nostrils while reporter eagerly awaits the juicy details.

blech

Unless a microphone is shoved in his face.
I loathe reporters.

I hate reporters too. Honestly, they are some of the worst scum these days. Somehow, in the last 30 years all the good ones were weeded out by crap.

That said... shooting without any warning, because someone setup a tripod....

I can only hope there is more to the story but it seems cut and dry at this point. We don't need cops like this. That's crazy.

Of course the sad part here is that this story, will blow away in a week. Now if the reporter had been a drug dealer, or had just robbed 3 stores.... this would be front page news for weeks, and a bunch of bused in protesters would be having rallys for a month.

That's how these people work. If it is an innocent person who hasn't broken any laws that gets shot, no one cares. If it's a criminal with a 20 year history of violence, suddenly it's international headlines, and every moron is out there protecting a criminal got hurt.

Your house is gone, your kid is drowned, your husband is in the hospital with broken legs from the roof collapsing on him. HOW DO YOU FEEL? CAN YOU SHARE WITH US? and microphone is shoved up the persons nostrils while reporter eagerly awaits the juicy details.

blech

Oh my goodness yes, that drives me CRAZY!

Have you ever watched like 60 minutes or whatever, and the reporter intentionally asks a questions, and the moment that the person being interviewed pauses for a second and lowers his eyes..... what do they do????

I can predict it every single time.... suddenly the camera zooms in...... until their whole face fills the screen! Until you can see the hairs they missed shaving that morning.

UGH!!!!! Drives me nutz.

blech

Oh my goodness yes, that drives me CRAZY!

Have you ever watched like 60 minutes or whatever, and the reporter intentionally asks a questions, and the moment that the person being interviewed pauses for a second and lowers his eyes..... what do they do????

I can predict it every single time.... suddenly the camera zooms in...... until their whole face fills the screen! Until you can see the hairs they missed shaving that morning.

UGH!!!!! Drives me nutz.
Which is why I don't watch the news any more and haven't for years.

I've been to New Carlisle a few times. In fact I dated a girl who lived there for a few months. It's a nice little country town. It's kind of odd though, not far from it is another town that is just called Carlisle. Ohio is odd with that. There is a New Lebanon, and then a Lebanon. And there is a Franklin Furnace, a Franklin Township, and a Franklin all fairly close to each other.

Hmm

Idk.

One day I was at the bait shop, gettin' some shrimp and shiners.

Here comes this Dodge Omni.

2 sheriff cars get on either side of it and bring it from 60 to zero in like a second flat.

Guy in car had a baby, they extracted dude from baby without harm.

Some reporter came running up, and the cop said "Get the fuck back, motherfacker"

Get out of here.

:dunno:

That reporter almost got shot. I would not blame the deputy, either.

He might need a hobby. He could take up identifying his target.

Target identification is no longer taught. Those days are long gone. Now, it is all about how fast you can draw and fire your weapon. The police are trained to believe that if they don't win the quick draw they're dead, and the first one to draw, is probably the winner.

They don't train them stressing the shoot don't shoot scenarios of the past. The only criteria to determine if you pass or fail is are you alive, and is the baddie who is the guy you shot, dead? If you are alive, you win, and were absolutely right in drawing and firing because you said the magic words. I was afeared for my life.

That headline alone is worth its weight in gold. Yet it gets better. New Carlisle Ohio is a small town. The population was 5,700 or so in 2010. Here is a picture of Main Street.

View attachment 147767

So not really a crime Mecca. But our intrepid reporter was setting up to take some photographs of lightning at about ten at night. Yeah, that was apparently the big news until. Andy Grimm saw a traffic stop and decided that was big news. So Andy got his camera and tripod and set it up when

"I know Jake, I like Jake, I don't want him to lose his job over this." Andy Grimm said.

Um. What? Thankfully Jake Shaw like most cops is a lousy shot and Andy was only wounded. Unfortunately like most cops Jake Shaw is quick to shoot so Andy was wounded.

I'm sure that Jake thought this guy in the Studebaker parking lot was setting up a Rocket Launcher or some sort of guided missile launcher. Or Something.

Yet another example of the piss poor training that cops get these days. This cop has zero reason to be on the street.

View attachment 147767

Yet another example of the piss poor training that cops get these days. This cop has zero reason to be on the street.

That's appearing to be more common these days.

View attachment 147767

That's appearing to be more common these days.

They began lowering the standards for cops decades ago, and the training followed.

View attachment 147767

The problem isn't with the training exactly. In th 1970's it was Hoogan's Alley. The cop walked down the line and shot the baddies, defined as targets, which were pictures of people with guns. The cop did not shoot the innocents, people holding shopping bags, or other cops, people holding guns and badges.

Today, it's just a silhouette and the cop is given so many seconds to fire two rounds, change magazines, and fire four more rounds.

It's all about how many shots you can get on target how fast. Not if you should shoot, not target identification. Now you say piss poor training, like they are going cheap. They aren't. This cost a lot of money to fire and train up for. The targets are a little cheaper, but going through the steps over and over again until it is muscle memory, is expensive anyway.

It's all about the quick draw, and how many rounds you can get more or less on target how fast. The problem is that we learn the wrong lessons, and then apply those incorrect lessons to everything.

The famous Miami shootout where the cops armed with snub nosed .38 revolvers were in a shootout with two guys who had military grade weapons. The FBI agents were "outgunned" and were unable to put maximum firepower onto the baddies is the lesson. Yet, in several other shootouts, the .38 revolver was more than sufficient, but it failed once, and that was more than enough to look for a new gun, and a new standard.

The .40 Smith and Wesson was a development of that search. The FBI wanted a round with almost as much power as a 10MM, actually using the home loaded rounds of an FBI Hostage Rescue Team guy as the model. He had lightly loaded 10MM rounds. The .40 Smith and Wesson was the result. A cut down less powerful version of the 10MM.

The problem isn't with ammunition, or with guns, it's with shot placement. With revolvers you knew you had only six shots, and you had to aim to make them count. The .38 Special had to be aimed carefully, it did not have any room for error. If the baddies were wearing bullet proof vests, then you didn't even bruise them too bad.

But the .40 was a compromise, which is always an iffy choice. The shootouts with the .40 showed it might stop a baddie with one shot, if you placed the shot in the head or heart, exactly the same problem you had with the .38 Special. You had a little more penetration, but no real advantage in Kinetic Energy. So the successful shootouts were the people who kept shooting. They ignored the "Shoot, Shoot, Assess technique of the .38 days. They "shoot to stop" which is to say they kept shooting until the baddie was motionless on the ground.

Training was adapted to this observed reality. Keep shooting until the baddie is down and NOT MOVING. What that tells me is that the people carrying the weapons have no faith in their sidearms. They don't believe that one or two shots will do it. They believe that it will take five, ten, or an entire magazine. Keep shooting until you are sure he is dead, dead, and just be sure he's dead.

The technique that is developed with this belief is accurately called spray and pray. You fire just as fast as you can, and you keep firing. You have no idea how many times you hit the baddie, just keep firing. That's why the later autopsies show bullet hits all over, the cop is firing just as soon as the barrel is pointed in the general direction of the baddie.

This is a far cry from the old days when the .357 Magnum was the standard issue weapon of the FBI. Then they aimed carefully, and concentrated in squeezing the trigger to get the bullet where it would do some good, in the center of mass of the baddie. The .357 was so effective it got the reputation as a "man stopper" but was tossed aside by the new nines, 45 ACP's, .40's, and on and on.

Now, a revolver is actually prohibited in many departments, it is old fashioned, and not a serious combat handgun. Yet, none of the rounds being fired are anywhere near the power and astonishing effectiveness of the old fashioned magnum revolvers.

The training reflects the beliefs. The idea that the gun is good, but the round won't stop the baddie. You have to keep shooting. You have to shoot first, the person who shoots second is dead. You have to shoot a lot because one round won't do it. Empty the magazine, reload, and keep shooting. In California, the cops fired thousands of rounds at bank robbers, many cops were not able to see the target, but fired rapidly anyway. Because the training was to fire, fast as you can, get bullets headed down range.

People talk bad about the 9MM, or the .40, and claim that a .45 is what is needed. But they fire the .45 exactly the same as they do the .40's or 9 Millie's. Fast as they can, putting rounds theoretically at least near the target.

The cops argue that they can't wait to see a gun before they shoot, because the baddie will kill them if they wait. They have to draw first, and fire, because hesitation kills. Well, the problem as we see with this story is that the idea of drawing and firing fast and first is bad for any innocents mistaken for baddies. The people we used to train them not to shoot.

In Georgia, nearly half of the people shot and killed by police were unarmed, or shot in the back. All were perfectly justifiable, and within the standards of training and the law.

That isn't a result of piss poor training. That is a result of piss poor standards. The training reflects the "reality" that the cops believe they are facing. They don't have time to aim, they have time to point. They don't have time to wait, they have to start shooting now, or they will die. That is how they are trained, and it is very expensive training.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

View attachment 147767

The problem isn't with the training exactly. In th 1970's it was Hoogan's Alley. The cop walked down the line and shot the baddies, defined as targets, which were pictures of people with guns. The cop did not shoot the innocents, people holding shopping bags, or other cops, people holding guns and badges.

Today, it's just a silhouette and the cop is given so many seconds to fire two rounds, change magazines, and fire four more rounds.

It's all about how many shots you can get on target how fast. Not if you should shoot, not target identification. Now you say piss poor training, like they are going cheap. They aren't. This cost a lot of money to fire and train up for. The targets are a little cheaper, but going through the steps over and over again until it is muscle memory, is expensive anyway.

It's all about the quick draw, and how many rounds you can get more or less on target how fast. The problem is that we learn the wrong lessons, and then apply those incorrect lessons to everything.

The famous Miami shootout where the cops armed with snub nosed .38 revolvers were in a shootout with two guys who had military grade weapons. The FBI agents were "outgunned" and were unable to put maximum firepower onto the baddies is the lesson. Yet, in several other shootouts, the .38 revolver was more than sufficient, but it failed once, and that was more than enough to look for a new gun, and a new standard.

The .40 Smith and Wesson was a development of that search. The FBI wanted a round with almost as much power as a 10MM, actually using the home loaded rounds of an FBI Hostage Rescue Team guy as the model. He had lightly loaded 10MM rounds. The .40 Smith and Wesson was the result. A cut down less powerful version of the 10MM.

The problem isn't with ammunition, or with guns, it's with shot placement. With revolvers you knew you had only six shots, and you had to aim to make them count. The .38 Special had to be aimed carefully, it did not have any room for error. If the baddies were wearing bullet proof vests, then you didn't even bruise them too bad.

But the .40 was a compromise, which is always an iffy choice. The shootouts with the .40 showed it might stop a baddie with one shot, if you placed the shot in the head or heart, exactly the same problem you had with the .38 Special. You had a little more penetration, but no real advantage in Kinetic Energy. So the successful shootouts were the people who kept shooting. They ignored the "Shoot, Shoot, Assess technique of the .38 days. They "shoot to stop" which is to say they kept shooting until the baddie was motionless on the ground.

Training was adapted to this observed reality. Keep shooting until the baddie is down and NOT MOVING. What that tells me is that the people carrying the weapons have no faith in their sidearms. They don't believe that one or two shots will do it. They believe that it will take five, ten, or an entire magazine. Keep shooting until you are sure he is dead, dead, and just be sure he's dead.

The technique that is developed with this belief is accurately called spray and pray. You fire just as fast as you can, and you keep firing. You have no idea how many times you hit the baddie, just keep firing. That's why the later autopsies show bullet hits all over, the cop is firing just as soon as the barrel is pointed in the general direction of the baddie.

This is a far cry from the old days when the .357 Magnum was the standard issue weapon of the FBI. Then they aimed carefully, and concentrated in squeezing the trigger to get the bullet where it would do some good, in the center of mass of the baddie. The .357 was so effective it got the reputation as a "man stopper" but was tossed aside by the new nines, 45 ACP's, .40's, and on and on.

Now, a revolver is actually prohibited in many departments, it is old fashioned, and not a serious combat handgun. Yet, none of the rounds being fired are anywhere near the power and astonishing effectiveness of the old fashioned magnum revolvers.

The training reflects the beliefs. The idea that the gun is good, but the round won't stop the baddie. You have to keep shooting. You have to shoot first, the person who shoots second is dead. You have to shoot a lot because one round won't do it. Empty the magazine, reload, and keep shooting. In California, the cops fired thousands of rounds at bank robbers, many cops were not able to see the target, but fired rapidly anyway. Because the training was to fire, fast as you can, get bullets headed down range.

People talk bad about the 9MM, or the .40, and claim that a .45 is what is needed. But they fire the .45 exactly the same as they do the .40's or 9 Millie's. Fast as they can, putting rounds theoretically at least near the target.

The cops argue that they can't wait to see a gun before they shoot, because the baddie will kill them if they wait. They have to draw first, and fire, because hesitation kills. Well, the problem as we see with this story is that the idea of drawing and firing fast and first is bad for any innocents mistaken for baddies. The people we used to train them not to shoot.

In Georgia, nearly half of the people shot and killed by police were unarmed, or shot in the back. All were perfectly justifiable, and within the standards of training and the law.

That isn't a result of piss poor training. That is a result of piss poor standards. The training reflects the "reality" that the cops believe they are facing. They don't have time to aim, they have time to point. They don't have time to wait, they have to start shooting now, or they will die. That is how they are trained, and it is very expensive training.

No, it IS about the training. Cops today use their guns as pointers, and threats to get people to comply with their orders. That is NOT how they are to be used. A pistol comes out of its holster to defend yourself. Not to intimidate.

View attachment 147767

It really depends on where they are. New Carlisle is a pretty small rural town on the outskirts of Dayton, Ohio.

View attachment 147767

It really depends on where they are. New Carlisle is a pretty small rural town on the outskirts of Dayton, Ohio.

The size of the department makes no difference. Training is the same for a large dept. or a small one. And it is crap. They teach report writing, and basic interrogation, and a whole host of valuable skills. However, when it comes to weapons and tactics, that is left to the SWAT teams, and even there, the majority are very poor.

Forum List

Back