Cop City: Not a Bad Idea

What happened when the country had a moral panic over crack cocaine? We doubled the cops, filled up the prisons, built more and then filled them up. Did it get rid of crack?
With regard to the ones in prison, yeah.

The number one cause of police abuse is lack of training. I'm all for more police training. 100 percent. The more training, the less shootings and abuse by cops.

"Cop City" is a good idea.
To complement it, would be training about guns & law enforcement in the schools. One of the primary reasons why people are shot & killed by cops, is, never being taught about it, they have no idea how to behave in a police confrontation. It's also one of the causes of rioting. Ignorance among the rioters.

The number one cause of police abuse is lack of training. I'm all for more police training. 100 percent. The more training, the less shootings and abuse by cops.

"Cop City" is a good idea.

There is no "Police Abuse" (except by your street vermin) you ignorant bag of human feces. Nothing measurable out of millions of interactions. Quit committing crimes you worthless POS.

There is no "Police Abuse by COPs" you ignorant bag of human feces. Nothing measurable out of millions of interactions. Quit committing crimes you worthless POS.
Wow. You really have your pinhead buried in the sand, don't you.

More cops has never been the solution to any problem we have.

Left wing morons who call themselves prosecutors is also a major reason why crime rates are so high. Slap on the wrist for violent thugs. While prosecuting to the fullest extent when a decent gun owner defends himself or others.

The left is batshit crazy. And will only see the light when one of these thugs violates them and then gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Right now, we have retiring cops, retiring cops, and recruitment gaps for law enforcement. How can “more” cops NOT be a solution?

I wouldn't want to be a cop under these conditions. Getting a complaint filed for not being as polite as a high scale restaurant waiter. Or being sued for shooting some thug with a toy gun.

Today I received an email from a leftwing activist group called Rising Tide of North America.
They describe themselves as >> "an international, all-volunteer, grassroots network of groups and individuals who organize locally, promote community-based alternatives to the climate crisis and take direct action to confront the root causes of climate change."

The email is calling for action to be taken to stop the construction of "Cop City", as they call it. A $90 million dollar facility to train police to fight crime. This is supposed to be a bad thing ? Maybe it is for leftwing nutjobs, who appear to have more sympathy for criminals than they do for crime victims.

The group claims that "over 70% of Atlanta residents do not want it. For years, the city residents have been outspoken in opposition," Having been a leftwing Democrat myself for 40 years, I know well how numbers can be twisted to "show" just about anything.
IF 70% of Atlanta residents do not want this added police PROTECTION, then they must be about the dumbest city in America.

Their violent crime stats are through the roof. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the safest, Atlanta scores a pitiful 3. Throughout the state of Georgia, 95% of the communities (smaller towns & rural areas) have a lower crime rate than Atlanta. These people ought to be praising this training facility, not organizing actions against it.

RTNA claims that the training center will bring > "huge influx of police into the majority Black city," Yeah ? Well, maybe that just might help to get Atlanta's safe score up a bit from the dismal 3 it was when neighborhood scout did this study (dated/copyright 2023)

Have you ever been to Atlanta?

I'm asking you. Are you aware you're undermining your argument for a cheap swipe at Biden?
cheap swipe ? did Biden co author that bill or not ? did the man you voted for bare responsibility for people sitting in jail for decades for drug charges ? oh yeah Biden put millions of inner city youths in prison for the same thing Hunter gets away with .... how does that make you feel stooge ?

Forum List

Back