Cop accidentally shoots home owner......six times.

Police in phoenix responded to a 911 for an intruder. They proceded to shoot the homeowner six times, first shooting him in the back. 911 tapes record the officers, one saying "fuck, I shot the home owner." The other saying "don't worry, I got your back man."

Arambula family sues after cop shoots homeowner, not intruder

Just doing their job? Honest mistake?

Or have Maricopa county's over zealous cops really screwed up this time?

You think maybe, Captain Obvious? Of course they screwed up. Glad you're right on top of this.:lol:

Yes, they obviously screwed up. More importantly, there is currently a review underway of both Maricopa county and Phoenix PD policy for "suspected illegals". The current policy seems to be "if they are brown, suspect them".

"Seems to be.." is coming from your biased projection.

The Cop made a bad mistake and admitted to it. That is the Foundation. Yes the Home Owner is the Victim, and should be well compensated. I'd like to here more from those directly involved, about how it went down, and how it's being handled. Blind Crusades do more harm than good.

A bad mistake? A bad mistake would be accidentally shooting the homeowner's cat. This is an inexcusable mistake!

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

So? I'm not talking to whoever the Hell he is. My point is, we don't have ALL the facts, and we weren't there; yet, you are willing to crucify these guys for being imperfect humans and fucking up.

I hope someone more tolerant than you judges YOUR next fuckup. Really.

Civilians have the luxury of being able to fuck up without shooting people while doing their jobs. Cops are supposed to be trained to not fuck up in these type situations. They are really trained to not try to cover it up on scene. Lets all thank God the 9/11 tape was recording. :cool:

I agree the guy fucked up. I also agree they are trained to not fuck up. Aren't we all?

What did they try and cover up?

The Cop made a bad mistake and admitted to it. That is the Foundation. Yes the Home Owner is the Victim, and should be well compensated. I'd like to here more from those directly involved, about how it went down, and how it's being handled. Blind Crusades do more harm than good.

A bad mistake? A bad mistake would be accidentally shooting the homeowner's cat. This is an inexcusable mistake!

Quit trying to get PETA and the SPCA in on this. Bad enough somebody had to drag Obama into it.

Why exactly are the cops scum? Ever been in a position where you had to decide in an instant who to and not shoot, or whether or not to shoot?

You weren't there.

The cop said he never even saw a gun. He never gave commands, the home owner never pointed or did anything hostile. He had his back turned to the cop and the cop just shot.

He shot, after the home owner fell, then he shot more. He dragged the home owner out in front of his family and threw him on a hot car. That cop is scum.

These are facts. No, I wasn't there, but come on. I live in phoenix and I own a few guns and if I caught someone in my home and decided not to shoot him, but to hold him until the police arrived, then they show up and shoot me even though I did nothing but have my back to them because I was standing guard over the perp, then yes, I would be a tad upset as well. How about you?

To answer you question, yes I have been in a situation where I had to decide to shoot in an instant or not. Thanks for asking.

Were are you getting this info? The article in the OP doesn't contain some of it.

Yes, the cop fired without warning. The article does not say the cop did not see a gun. The article does not say he dragged the guy out in front of his family.

It does say the cop fired 4 times and got two hits.

I did not say I would not be upset. Being upset with one knucklehead does not equate to "cops are scum".

The didn't use proper procedure. He's going to pay for it, as will the taxpayers in Phoenix.

Zona needs to embellish the truth to make it a fairy tale.

I love all the posters trying to make this into a racial thing.

How do you know the police officer isn't at least partially hispanic himself? What about the sergeant who was going to maybe try and cover it up? You have no idea.

This isn't a racial thing. This is a result of poor training and poor decisions afterward (the hasty and sloppy decision to maybe try and cover it up). Award the homeowner the money. Fire the cop and the sergeant who sounded like he might want to cover it up. Move on.

That is all.

Why exactly are the cops scum? Ever been in a position where you had to decide in an instant who to and not shoot, or whether or not to shoot?

You weren't there.

The cop said he never even saw a gun. He never gave commands, the home owner never pointed or did anything hostile. He had his back turned to the cop and the cop just shot.

He shot, after the home owner fell, then he shot more. He dragged the home owner out in front of his family and threw him on a hot car. That cop is scum.

These are facts. No, I wasn't there, but come on. I live in phoenix and I own a few guns and if I caught someone in my home and decided not to shoot him, but to hold him until the police arrived, then they show up and shoot me even though I did nothing but have my back to them because I was standing guard over the perp, then yes, I would be a tad upset as well. How about you?

To answer you question, yes I have been in a situation where I had to decide to shoot in an instant or not. Thanks for asking.

Were are you getting this info? The article in the OP doesn't contain some of it.

Yes, the cop fired without warning. The article does not say the cop did not see a gun. The article does not say he dragged the guy out in front of his family.

It does say the cop fired 4 times and got two hits.

I did not say I would not be upset. Being upset with one knucklehead does not equate to "cops are scum".

The didn't use proper procedure. He's going to pay for it, as will the taxpayers in Phoenix.

Some more info:

Homeowner shot by police alleges conspiracy to cover mistake - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

And it was 6 shots. 2 of which hit. Even the 2 that the cop fired after the guy was on the ground missed.

Everything here points towards piss poor training. From firearms handling to procedures to tactics.

I wonder if the cop was a rookie. Damn sure sounds like it.

You think maybe, Captain Obvious? Of course they screwed up. Glad you're right on top of this.:lol:

Yes, they obviously screwed up. More importantly, there is currently a review underway of both Maricopa county and Phoenix PD policy for "suspected illegals". The current policy seems to be "if they are brown, suspect them".

No, it is coming from new regulations installed for the Phoenix PD. Joe Arpaio pressured Phoenix to make a new policy to match his heavy handed tactics, despite years of a policy that Phoenix PD did not get involved in the federal matter of immigration. Now officers are required to report "suspected" illegals. How do you supect an illegal, exactly? Kind of like suspecting a person's name isn't it?

No, it is coming from new regulations installed for the Phoenix PD. Joe Arpaio pressured Phoenix to make a new policy to match his heavy handed tactics, despite years of a policy that Phoenix PD did not get involved in the federal matter of immigration. Now officers are required to report "suspected" illegals. How do you supect an illegal, exactly? Kind of like suspecting a person's name isn't it?

What does illegal immigration have to do with the story?

What does illegal immigration have to do with the story?

Its a talking point....

Police in phoenix responded to a 911 for an intruder. They proceded to shoot the homeowner six times, first shooting him in the back. 911 tapes record the officers, one saying "fuck, I shot the home owner." The other saying "don't worry, I got your back man."

What, you doubt the police?:eusa_angel:

What, you doubt the police?:eusa_angel:

For real huh..??? I find it entirely normal to hear about cops shootin people "Good or bad" all the time. Humans are fallible......police are no exception...nor is government in general.

how do accidently shoot someone 6 times I could except maybe one time. makes you think shot in the back first, then pump him 5 more times in the front. That is no accident thats murder!!!! Police brutality incompetance. Send this thug directly to state prison let the brothers have or "use him" for desert!!!!

Joe Arpaio has put together a sound policy, actually Defending the Constitution and the People of It. To bad the Feds. don't take responsibility so seriously, We'd have better Health Care, Better paying Job's, Cleaner Towns and Cities. Maybe Joe should run for the Senate, or Governor.

How do you know the police officer isn't at least partially hispanic himself? What about the sergeant who was going to maybe try and cover it up? You have no idea.

This isn't a racial thing. This is a result of poor training and poor decisions afterward (the hasty and sloppy decision to maybe try and cover it up). Award the homeowner the money. Fire the cop and the sergeant who sounded like he might want to cover it up. Move on.

That is all.

Obviously he needs more practice.

Well, look at the guy they shot. He looks Hispanic. If the intruder was a white guy, then of course they shot the homeowner. They probably felt it was a no brainer. Use the same logic for giving someone a DWB - Driving While Black.
And with all the black troopers out there now ... DWW
WTF!

That is all.

Obviously he needs more practice.

He needs proper training before being sent out into the field.

Do you wish to dispute this?

Joe Arpaio has put together a sound policy, actually Defending the Constitution and the People of It. To bad the Feds. don't take responsibility so seriously, We'd have better Health Care, Better paying Job's, Cleaner Towns and Cities. Maybe Joe should run for the Senate, or Governor.

Joe's job is to police Maricopa county. He has no authority over US immigration policy. He should run for higher office if this is where his interest lies.

Forum List

Back