76 pediatrics have died from H1N1.

Do you believe that the H1N1 vaccine is a fear-mongering conspiracy?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I don't know enough about it to make an informed decision.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No comments? Okay, maybe this will get the ball rolling. Do you still believe that the H1N1 vaccine is a government conspiracy? Since only 95 million doses have been ordered, do you still believe that you are going to be forced to get the vaccine?

i read the thread title and assumed you got the word wrong, and the news was 76 pediatricians died from H1N1. that would be news.

as it is those are 76 pediatric deaths,

While most of the children had underlying medical conditions, Dr. Schuchat said 20% to 30% of them didn't.

what the fuck, 76 deaths, and you cannot pinpoint the percentage of patients who died without underlying medical conditions. 15 to 22 did not have complications, or what.

this part of the article sucks.

that said, i don't believe in a conspiracy. but naturally there is a movement to get the vaccine to as many as possible by fear mongering. free market, haha.

risk groups should take the vaccine. this should be sponsored. non-risk group people who want the vaccine should pay for it all by themselves.

Last edited:
i read the thread title and assumed you got the word wrong, and the news was 76 pediatricians died from H1N1. that would be news.

While most of the children had underlying medical conditions, Dr. Schuchat said 20% to 30% of them didn't.

what the fuck, 76 deaths, and you cannot pinpoint the percentage of patients who died without underlying medical conditions. 15 to 22 did not have complications, or what.

that said, i don't believe in a conspiracy. but naturally there is a movement to get the vaccine to as many as possible by fear mongering. free market, haha.

risk groups should take the vaccine. this should be sponsored. non-risk group people who want the vaccine should pay for it all by themselves.

I should have written pediatric patients. I would like to know what the pre-existing conditions were (asthma, congenital heart defect). I wish that this weren't a reality, but it is. And I wish that it was fear-mongering. But it isn't.

Of course, many more are surviving than dying...but it is still disturbing. Every source that I've read quotes-450 dead so far. Mother nature always surprises us when we think that we have the upper hand.

I should have written pediatric patients. I would like to know what the pre-existing conditions were (asthma, congenital heart defect). I wish that this weren't a reality, but it is. And I wish that it was fear-mongering. But it isn't.

Of course, many more are surviving than dying...but it is still disturbing. Every source that I've read quotes-450 dead so far. Mother nature always surprises us when we think that we have the upper hand.

H1N1 deaths in the clinic where my wife is a pediatrician were always due to other complications. and there were only a handful of cases. but i am in germany, we don't yet have as many cases as the US, but a lot. the patients who died were oncological patients who were immuno-suppressed.

H1N1 deaths in the clinic where my wife is a pediatrician were always due to other complications. and there were only a handful of cases. but i am in germany, we don't yet have as many cases as the US, but a lot. the patients who died were oncological patients who were immuno-suppressed.

Interesting. Thank you for giving accurate information regarding this horrible subject. We they all oncological?

Interesting. Thank you for giving accurate information regarding this horrible subject. We they all oncological?

i think not all were oncological patients, but all were immuno-suppressed. all i know about, that is. it is a big clinic.

i think not all were oncological patients, but all were immuno-suppressed. all i know about, that is. it is a big clinic.

I'm hoping to find some information soon in reference to cytokine storms, and what the percentage of deaths have been as a result. What a nightmare.

I'm hoping to find some information soon in reference to cytokine storms, and what the percentage of deaths have been as a result. What a nightmare.

first of all, relax. then think about it. are you a member of a risk group? do you work in health care, are old, very young (probably not haha), or are immuno-suppressed? do you have a relatives who belong to a risk group?

reports of cytokine storms in regard to H1N1 are vastly exaggerated. if you look at the underlying medical causes of death of the victims (if provided), most had some serious complications. this is not like 1918 (even then the soldiers who died were probably not in the best shape either, neither were the general population, but that is my speculation). still there is the possibility of mutation of the virus, so once again, if you belong to a risk group, take the vaccine, LIKE EVERY YEAR BEFORE FLU SEASON.

"ATLANTA (AP) - Health officials said Friday that 76 children have died of swine flu, including 16 new reports in the past week—more evidence the new virus is unusually dangerous in kids.

"She noted that 37 states now are reporting widespread swine flu cases, up from 27 a week ago. A week ago, reports suggested that cases might be leveling off and even decreasing in some areas of the country, but that did not turn out to be an enduring national trend.

"We are seeing more illness, more hospitalizations, and more deaths," said Schuchat, who heads the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

"The CDC doesn't have an exact count of all swine flu deaths and hospitalizations, but existing reports suggest the infection has caused more than 600 deaths and more than 9,000 hospitalizations since it was first identified in April."

CDC: 76 children dead of swine flu as cases rise

My kids are getting vaccinated.

However they say don't give the regular flu injection and the nasal H1N1 innoculation at the same time.

Forum List

Back