Cop accidentally shoots home owner......six times.

Well, look at the guy they shot. He looks Hispanic. If the intruder was a white guy, then of course they shot the homeowner. They probably felt it was a no brainer. Use the same logic for giving someone a DWB - Driving While Black.

Although I agree that often minorities are unfairly targeted, I'm not sure that this was the case here. If the facts of the posted story are accurate, the officer should and will be prosecuted.

Police in phoenix responded to a 911 for an intruder. They proceded to shoot the homeowner six times, first shooting him in the back. 911 tapes record the officers, one saying "fuck, I shot the home owner." The other saying "don't worry, I got your back man."

Arambula family sues after cop shoots homeowner, not intruder

Just doing their job? Honest mistake?

Or have Maricopa county's over zealous cops really screwed up this time?

You think maybe, Captain Obvious? Of course they screwed up. Glad you're right on top of this.:lol:

Police in phoenix responded to a 911 for an intruder. They proceded to shoot the homeowner six times, first shooting him in the back. 911 tapes record the officers, one saying "fuck, I shot the home owner." The other saying "don't worry, I got your back man."

You think maybe, Captain Obvious? Of course they screwed up. Glad you're right on top of this.:lol:

Yes, they obviously screwed up. More importantly, there is currently a review underway of both Maricopa county and Phoenix PD policy for "suspected illegals". The current policy seems to be "if they are brown, suspect them".

The shooting....well, maybe it was a mistake....

saying this....'That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?'"

Then dragging him out and putting him on the hot car, well. I think that man will be very rich.

Gun owners, this is a nightmare. You get your gun, protect your family. HOld him at gun point and get shot.

What kind of crap is this?

Imagine it...you catch a guy breaking into your home...you get your gun, hold him at gun point and call the police. They come, soot you .....say dont worry about it, we got this...but dont realize the 9/11 call is recording.

Only in Phoenix....or maybe texas?

It does sound bad, but the home owner would have been better off killing the bad guy.

Yet, there are people out there who defend these scum cops.

Why exactly are the cops scum? Ever been in a position where you had to decide in an instant who to and not shoot, or whether or not to shoot?

You weren't there.

The Man is not dead. He survived. Thank God. I am bothered how this played out. I would rather go on facts than assumption.

Man shot by Phoenix police files claim
The Associated Press

March 18, 2009 - 3:01PM

Digg| Save| License| Print| E-mail|

PHOENIX - A Phoenix homeowner shot six times by Phoenix police officers has filed a claim against the city.

Tony Arambula is seeking $5.75 million in damages for himself and his family after he was shot on Sept. 17 after officers responded to a call about an intruder inside Arambula's central Phoenix home.

Phoenix police shoot man who detained burglar

The claim, filed by Phoenix attorney Michael Manning on behalf of Arambula, names the city, its police department, the officer who shot Arambula and two other officers.

Phoenix police declined to comment on the shooting or the pending claim.

The night of the shooting, Arambula said an intruder had broken into his home. Arambula called 911 and told police he was holding the intruder at gunpoint.

As officers arrived, Arambula's wife Lesley said she told them her husband was inside the house holding a gun on the intruder.

"I told them my husband was inside, he was the one with the gun," she said Tuesday.

The officers entered the house with a shout of "Police!" Almost immediately afterward, Phoenix police Officer Brian Lilly shot Arambula in the back.

Three more shots were fired at Arambula, one hitting him in the arm.

The claim said that when Arambula fell to the floor, Lilly shot him two more times. That's when Arambula told Lilly he'd shot the wrong man.

In his Internal Affairs interview, Lilly admitted firing at Arambula without any verbal warning, according to the claim.

Arambula said Tuesday he did everything he was supposed to do in that situation. "I would have loved if they would have told me to get on the floor and drop to my knees," Arambula said. "To not have given me any opportunity to not get shot, it's confusing. I pray that this never happens to another family."

Man shot by Phoenix police files claim | eastvalleytribune.com

Imagine it...you catch a guy breaking into your home...you get your gun, hold him at gun point and call the police. They come, soot you .....say dont worry about it, we got this...but dont realize the 9/11 call is recording.

It does sound bad, but the home owner would have been better off killing the bad guy.

Why exactly are the cops scum? Ever been in a position where you had to decide in an instant who to and not shoot, or whether or not to shoot?

You weren't there.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

The shooting....well, maybe it was a mistake....

saying this....'That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?'"

Then dragging him out and putting him on the hot car, well. I think that man will be very rich.

Gun owners, this is a nightmare. You get your gun, protect your family. HOld him at gun point and get shot.

What kind of crap is this?

Expect 2 years in jail if you live in NYC, and don't have the expensive and elusive permit. Expect SWAT, at the door..

Yes, they obviously screwed up. More importantly, there is currently a review underway of both Maricopa county and Phoenix PD policy for "suspected illegals". The current policy seems to be "if they are brown, suspect them".

Well, let's do the math here... blond-haired, blue-eyed Aryans aren't exactly swarming our Southern border, illegally entering this country. Brown-skinned Mexicans ARE however.

Pretty bad that we can't call something or someone what it is because of political correctness. If I'm looking for illegals here in Texas, I'm going to a construction site and I'm starting with the Mexicans doing unskilled labor. That's just the way it is. It has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with being in the country illegally.

You weren't there.

The cop said he never even saw a gun. He never gave commands, the home owner never pointed or did anything hostile. He had his back turned to the cop and the cop just shot.

He shot, after the home owner fell, then he shot more. He dragged the home owner out in front of his family and threw him on a hot car. That cop is scum.

These are facts. No, I wasn't there, but come on. I live in phoenix and I own a few guns and if I caught someone in my home and decided not to shoot him, but to hold him until the police arrived, then they show up and shoot me even though I did nothing but have my back to them because I was standing guard over the perp, then yes, I would be a tad upset as well. How about you?

To answer you question, yes I have been in a situation where I had to decide to shoot in an instant or not. Thanks for asking.

You weren't there.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

So? I'm not talking to whoever the Hell he is. My point is, we don't have ALL the facts, and we weren't there; yet, you are willing to crucify these guys for being imperfect humans and fucking up.

I hope someone more tolerant than you judges YOUR next fuckup. Really.

You weren't there.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

So? I'm not talking to whoever the Hell he is. My point is, we don't have ALL the facts, and we weren't there; yet, you are willing to crucify these guys for being imperfect humans and fucking up.

Civilians have the luxury of being able to fuck up without shooting people while doing their jobs. Cops are supposed to be trained to not fuck up in these type situations. They are really trained to not try to cover it up on scene. Lets all thank God the 9/11 tape was recording. :cool:

You weren't there.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

I'm defending the Sheriff against the Crusade, Joe Arpaio is the Sheriff. I respect what I know of Him.

You weren't there.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

where I live people like to crucify the cop even if the person had a butcher knife and was hopped up on meth.

Neither was Joe Arpaio.

I'm defending the Sheriff against the Crusade, Joe Arpaio is the Sheriff. I respect what I know of Him.

Me too, he don't fuck around and holds people accountable. The bleeding hearts obviously hate him for those same reasons, only hidden behind some crying victim bullshit.

Arizona is MC-CAIN COUNTRY.... This is what "those people" want in that state.....

They LIKE this sort of thing....
John Wayne Gacy is from Chicago. That's what "those people" want in that state. And, hey, Obama is from there, too. They like that sort of thing.

I knew some how obama had something to do with this. I knew it! :lol:
Just curious: Are you actually proud of your inanity, or do you just not even realize it?

I used to think you just were that stupid and felt sorry for you.

Now I think you must actually be proud of it.

You weren't there.

The cop said he never even saw a gun. He never gave commands, the home owner never pointed or did anything hostile. He had his back turned to the cop and the cop just shot.

He shot, after the home owner fell, then he shot more. He dragged the home owner out in front of his family and threw him on a hot car. That cop is scum.

These are facts. No, I wasn't there, but come on. I live in phoenix and I own a few guns and if I caught someone in my home and decided not to shoot him, but to hold him until the police arrived, then they show up and shoot me even though I did nothing but have my back to them because I was standing guard over the perp, then yes, I would be a tad upset as well. How about you?

To answer you question, yes I have been in a situation where I had to decide to shoot in an instant or not. Thanks for asking.

Were are you getting this info? The article in the OP doesn't contain some of it.

Yes, the cop fired without warning. The article does not say the cop did not see a gun. The article does not say he dragged the guy out in front of his family.

It does say the cop fired 4 times and got two hits.

I did not say I would not be upset. Being upset with one knucklehead does not equate to "cops are scum".

The didn't use proper procedure. He's going to pay for it, as will the taxpayers in Phoenix.

Forum List

Back