Cool the planet, block the sunlight.

There are some serious problems with the production and disposal of nuke fuel. I opt for a sustainable lifestyle for both people and the planet.

There is no such thing as sustainable. You either create a surplus every year, or you are one natural disaster away from extinction.

There is no such thing as sustainable. You either create a surplus every year, or you are one natural disaster away from extinction.
We can have abundance without waste. Let's say we have bumper potato crops several years in a row. The excess can be converted into biofuel (vodka) or fertilizer. Same with cereal grains. We can choose feast or famine, or sustainable.

You're redefining my program.
You want to float enough paper in the upper atmosphere to reduce the sun's heating of the planet.

Just how much paper do you think you'll need? How often will you have to replenish it and what's it going to cost?

You want to float enough paper in the upper atmosphere to reduce the sun's heating of the planet.

Just how much paper do you think you'll need? How often will you have to replenish it and what's it going to cost?
We'll only use what can be spared. It would be a part of a larger plan to reduce earth's temperature.

The next generation of reactors will not use uranium.

Uranium was a bad choice to begin with because it is actually quite rare. Uranium is about as prevalent as platinum and no one would think of using platinum as a fuel.

Tell me what do you think the mining of all those rare earth elements needed for "green" energy will do to the environment?

Still a dumb, expensive idea with only a temporary effect
We do a lot of dumb, expensive things. My county is going to spend $12 Million to dredge phosphorous laden muck from some streams, to keep it out of our lakes. The muck, containing tens of thousands of pounds of valuable phosphorous will then be buried. Stupid.

Cause it's too hot. ;)

No it's not ... Earth's temperatures are normal ... full 3ºC below thermal maximum ... and overall falling ... in a little over 100,000 years, we'll be a thermal minimum again ... ha ha ... it's called the Ice Age Cycle for a reason ...

You don't know "hot" until you work a summer in the fields of the Central Valley ...

We do a lot of dumb, expensive things. My county is going to spend $12 Million to dredge phosphorous laden muck from some streams, to keep it out of our lakes. The muck, containing tens of thousands of pounds of valuable phosphorous will then be buried. Stupid.
So that's a good reason to do even more dumb expensive things?

Forum List

Back