Cool Castles

This video is of Schloss Hellenstein or Hellenstein Castle in Heidenheim an der Brenz, Germany. My wife lived in this town when I met and married her. My son was born in this town in her mother's house.One famous person born in this town was Erwin Rommel. Behind the castle is a park and memorial dedicated to Rommel. It is the only memorial in Germany permitted by the Four Powers for a member of the 3 Reich.My father-in-law was taught by Rommel's school teacher parents. This castle is around 60 miles from Neuschwannstein Castle I commented on earlier.
Another interesting bit of information is that my actual brother, a member of USMB was married in the courtyard of this castle and the reception was held in the castle restaurant, a popular eating and drinking place. That member is Bloodrock44 . His youngest son recently completed a hitch in the US Navy aboard the aircraft carrier, USS George Washington. Here's the video.

This video is of Schloss Hellenstein or Hellenstein Castle in Heidenheim an der Brenz, Germany. My wife lived in this town when I met and married her. My son was born in this town in her mother's house.One famous person born in this town was Erwin Rommel. Behind the castle is a park and memorial dedicated to Rommel. It is the only memorial in Germany permitted by the Four Powers for a member of the 3 Reich.My father-in-law was taught by Rommel's school teacher parents. This castle is around 60 miles from Neuschwannstein Castle I commented on earlier.
Another interesting bit of information is that my actual brother, a member of USMB was married in the courtyard of this castle and the reception was held in the castle restaurant, a popular eating and drinking place. That member is Bloodrock44 . His youngest son recently completed a hitch in the US Navy aboard the aircraft carrier, USS George Washington. Here's the video.

Looks like it's undergone many changes over the centuries.

Looks like it's undergone many changes over the centuries.

Burnt down once, rebuilt and damaged in war, partially torn down once to sell stones and timbers. It has an interesting history for being under 1000 years old.

Hellenstein Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love it!! ♥♥♥

e71d69d5c7f9005a1dd62a438a8b3cb4.jpg

Forum List

Back