Contract with America

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
No no no, not the one you're thinking about.

I'm talking about mine. I just got my classified security clearance. It's interesting, the way our security officer explained the document I signed was basically if the government catches someone selling or giving away sensitive information, they can use that document and get you on breach of contract.

Anyhow, I'm officially under contract with the United States Government... I wonder when that signing bonus is going to kick in?

The ClayTaurus said:

I'm talking about mine. I just got my classified security clearance. It's interesting, the way our security officer explained the document I signed was basically if the government catches someone selling or giving away sensitive information, they can use that document and get you on breach of contract.

Anyhow, I'm officially under contract with the United States Government... I wonder when that signing bonus is going to kick in?

Great! Now we expect you to share some cool secrets with us. Don't worry- we won't tell anyone! :D

Abbey Normal said:
Great! Now we expect you to share some cool secrets with us. Don't worry- we won't tell anyone! :D

Secret #1: The government wastes a lot of money.

Oh wait...

The ClayTaurus said:

Are you dealing with things that are considered at the level of "Classified" or did you just use that word.

Also..if you sell or give away sensitive information, you have a lot more to worry about than breach of contract.

GotZoom said:
Are you dealing with things that are considered at the level of "Classified" or did you just use that word.

Also..if you sell or give away sensitive information, you have a lot more to worry about than breach of contract.

I have access to all things classified, but nothing that is "Top Secret."

Our company doesn't have a top-secret cleared facility anyhow.

Of course, as is the policy, it's all on a NTK basis.

And yes, I realize I have more than breach of contract to worry about, but I found that portion of my briefing interesting. Regardless, I'm not going to be selling us out.

The ClayTaurus said:

udaman.gif

gop_jeff said:
There is no such level as "Classified." There is Confidential (which is rarely used nowadays), Secret, and Top Secret.

Yeah, but he changed "irregardless" to "regardless", so it's all good again. :D

gop_jeff said:
There is no such level as "Classified." There is Confidential (which is rarely used nowadays), Secret, and Top Secret.
It's all called classified. I have access to confidential and secret classified material, but not top secret.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's all called classified. I have access to confidential and secret classified material, but not top secret.

He's right. All of the material is classified. There is Confidential, Secret, Top Secret and all of them can also be Compartmentalized with Code Words. Access to any information is still need to know. Interestingly enough, every person in the Navy has Secret Clearance as ship's movement is classified Secret.

(I worked intel in the Navy and had some hefty clearance.)

no1tovote4 said:
He's right. All of the material is classified. There is Confidential, Secret, Top Secret and all of them can also be Compartmentalized with Code Words. Access to any information is still need to know. Interestingly enough, every person in the Navy has Secret Clearance as ship's movement is classified Secret.

(I worked intel in the Navy and had some hefty clearance.)

As with the Air Force..everyone cleared to a minimum of Secret.

I was Air Force Intel and probably had many of the same clearances as you. Too bad we can't share notes.

GotZoom said:
As with the Air Force..everyone cleared to a minimum of Secret.

I was Air Force Intel and probably had many of the same clearances as you. Too bad we can't share notes.

Yeah. That's one of the bad things. Some of my best stories will never be shared.

well guys their are 4 classifications...'confidential,secret,top secret and one more' above all... anyone know what it is called? if not see Area 51 Dreamland...for your eyes only sorta thingee! kinda like the superman term...'K' :eek:

archangel said:
well guys their are 4 classifications...'confidential,secret,top secret and one more' above all... anyone know what it is called? if not see Area 51 Dreamland...for your eyes only sorta thingee! kinda like the superman term...'K' :eek:
Yep.."EYES ONLY"..

Mr. P said:
I was Army, I had "secret" guess we had higher standards, It wasn't for everyone. :)

a secret was requiered for "Officers" a confidential for the troops...a top secret for brass...and "K or was that C" for those who had a need to know! :eek:

Mr. P said:
Yep.."EYES ONLY"..

This is compartmentalization. Eyes Only is only a stronger compartmentalization. If you have a TS clearance you do not have clearance for stuff that is compartmentalized, only specific people have access to such information it is separated by code words. If you have compartmentalized clearances you have access to specific code words but not to others and those who are cleared for the ones you don't have are likely not cleared for yours....

Forum List

Back