CONSIDERATION of what COULD happen IF Trump does not win on first ballot

Kasich would seem to be the party fix boys' boy, not Cruz. Obnoxious is hard to overcome.

It is all but impossible to make a case for that lightweight Kasich. And once again, that's not the point here.

Presumably by "lightweight" you mean "talks issues rather than emotions".

Wrong. No surprise inasmuch as the "presumption" comes from a drone imbecile like you, pogie.

In reality, Kasich doesn't really talk issues. He takes credit for things over which he had only slight responsibility and ignores the pitfalls and the downsides. Most of the time he bleated during the debates, it sounded like he was running for PRESIDENT of OHIO.

By "lightweight" I mostly mean that Kasich panders to the left, which is precisely the major problem with the feckless GOP in general.

I like the way you whine and stomp your feet. Really drives the point home, if you're like 12. :thup:

A ^ pussy post if ever there was one, pogie. (But that's redundant). You are another turd who needs to practice what you preach, ya pathetic bitch.

Whelp -- this topic certainly met its Peter Principle in short order.

4691830+_46587fd9299684b1464a258c95e9be2a.gif

I think the dismal choice would be Shrillary vs. Trump.

Cruz is a terrific option.

But that's not the point of this thread.

The point of the thread is that although (sadly) the odds seem long, there IS still a way that Trump won't get the GOP nomination. I thought some folks here might have some useful insight on the prospects of Trump getting denied.

You think Trump will threaten to leave the GOP.....only to return weeks later under a new name?

Uhm. No. I think I know what you were hoping to say.

Clarity of exposition might help.

No. The WHOLE point is that Trumpy is still in danger of not getting the nod on ballot #1. If denied on the first round, he is likely to then be denied the GOP nomination.

That would mean (under present rules at least) that Cruz could get the nod.

I anticipate a Shrillary win in the liberal Democrat convention.

This sets up CRUZ vs. Shrillary, not Trump vs. Shrillary.

I kinda doubt that Trumpy would go 3P. his oversized and unrestrained ego aside, that's kind of foolish. Even by his standards.

It IS a possibility of course if he has always been secretly a stalking horse for a Shrillary win.

The point of the thread is that although (sadly) the odds seem long, there IS still a way that Trump won't get the GOP nomination. I thought some folks here might have some useful insight on the prospects of Trump getting denied.

You think Trump will threaten to leave the GOP.....only to return weeks later under a new name?

No. The WHOLE point is that Trumpy is still in danger of not getting the nod on ballot #1. If denied on the first round, he is likely to then be denied the GOP nomination.

I kinda doubt that Trumpy would go 3P. his oversized and unrestrained ego aside, that's kind of foolish. Even by his standards.

It IS a possibility of course if he has always been secretly a stalking horse for a Shrillary win.

You misunderstood. I was mocking you for welching on your bet, counselor. How did you pass the bar with so little awareness?

Kasich would seem to be the party fix boys' boy, not Cruz. Obnoxious is hard to overcome.

It is all but impossible to make a case for that lightweight Kasich. And once again, that's not the point here.

Nobody cares about your threads "point". We all know that a contested convention would be fun and interesting....with lots of rules and shit. You haven't scooped anyone.

And...Cruz ain't gonna be the nominee.....sadly.

Actually some folks might be interested in the point of the thread even if your mind is too cluttered with other trivia to care.

And I didn't claim it was a scoop, LonelyLaughable. I was in fact sourcing it quite clearly.

Furthermore, the point also was not that a contested convention could be fun. The question is how likely it is to GET to being a contested convention and THEN the "what ifs."

I hope to make you eat a bit of crow because although it may be a long shot, I think there IS still a decent possibility of a contested convention. And if that does happen (long odds or not) then I also think Cruz is the viable prospect to be the GOP nominee. It may be a bit of an idyll dream, but that's ok.

As long as Kasich isn’t on the ballot….Hillary wins.

Actually, IF Kasich is on the ballot, then and perhaps ONLY then will Shrillary win. Kasich is a lightweight waffling loser. He appeals to the liberal Democrat only.

But again, that's not the point of the thread.

That's funny because that's the exact opposite of what polls have been saying for months now: Kasich beats Hillary, consistently. Trump and Cruz lose to Hillary, consistently:

April 13, 2016...Kasich's the nominee only if he's the last candidate standing. That's possible but very tough to imagine. The vast majority of delegates will want Trump or Cruz.”...Recent polls suggest that Kasich would do better than Trump and Cruz – two politicians with remarkably high negative ratings nationwide – in a general election battle with Clinton, the former New York senator and secretary of state....Cumulative polling averages compiled by RealClear Politics shows that Kasich, on average, leads Clinton nationally in a hypothetical matchup, 47.6 percent to 40.9 percent, while Trump trails her by 10 points and Cruz trails by 2.8 points. New Polls: Kasich Is the Only Republican Who Could Beat Clinton

You misunderstood. I was mocking you for welching on your bet, counselor. How did you pass the bar with so little awareness?

Yes. You are boring and repetitive and quite often dishonest. Since this is your usual fare, I have grown to gloss over such meaningless drivel from you.

Yes. You are boring and repetitive and quite often dishonest. Since this is your usual fare, I have grown to gloss over such meaningless drivel from you.

Sweet. Wanna bet me now that Ted Cruz doesn't become POTUS?

As long as Kasich isn’t on the ballot….Hillary wins.

Actually, IF Kasich is on the ballot, then and perhaps ONLY then will Shrillary win. Kasich is a lightweight waffling loser. He appeals to the liberal Democrat only.

That's funny because that's the exact opposite of what polls have been saying for months now: Kasich beats Hillary by double digits, consistently. Trump and Cruz lose to Hillary by double digits:

April 13, 2016...Kasich's the nominee only if he's the last candidate standing. That's possible but very tough to imagine. The vast majority of delegates will want Trump or Cruz.”...Recent polls suggest that Kasich would do better than Trump and Cruz – two politicians with remarkably high negative ratings nationwide – in a general election battle with Clinton, the former New York senator and secretary of state....Cumulative polling averages compiled by RealClear Politics shows that Kasich, on average, leads Clinton nationally in a hypothetical matchup, 47.6 percent to 40.9 percent, while Trump trails her by 10 points and Cruz trails by 2.8 points. New Polls: Kasich Is the Only Republican Who Could Beat Clinton

Zzzz. Polls asking meaningless what if questions based on the unlikely scenario. Might as well ask, "If RFK had not been assassinated, would HE do better against Nixon or Reagan?" Let's put it to a poll.

You might not have read the memo. But a one note symphony is not interesting, LonelyLaughable.

Thus, you.

Nobody cares about your threads "point". We all know that a contested convention would be fun and interesting....with lots of rules and shit. You haven't scooped anyone.

Actually some folks might be interested in the point of the thread even if your mind is too cluttered with other trivia to care.

And I didn't claim it was a scoop, LonelyLaughable. I was in fact sourcing it quite clearly.

Furthermore, the point also was not that a contested convention could be fun. The question is how likely it is to GET to being a contested convention and THEN the "what ifs."

I hope to make you eat a bit of crow because although it may be a long shot, I think there IS still a decent possibility of a contested convention. And if that does happen (long odds or not) then I also think Cruz is the viable prospect to be the GOP nominee. It may be a bit of an idyll dream, but that's ok.

Why am I not shocked that you'd be supporting the most unlikable person in the race?

I hope even reading the words make you bleed from the eyes, LonelyLaughable: President Cruz.

Yeah yeah. Not all that likely. We know. It's a comfort to you.

Why am I not shocked that you'd be supporting the most unlikable person in the race?

Why am I not surprised that you remain an unfunny boring void?

Why am I not surprised that you remain an unfunny boring void?

Im a void? Awesome.

That's funny because that's the exact opposite of what polls have been saying for months now: Kasich beats Hillary by double digits, consistently. Trump and Cruz lose to Hillary by double digits:

Zzzz. Polls asking meaningless what if questions based on the unlikely scenario. Might as well ask, "If RFK had not been assassinated, would HE do better against Nixon or Reagan?" Let's put it to a poll.

Who wins against Hillary in the general is not a "meaningless question" to RNC strategists.

How you gonna make it stick this time? Gonna have to build a wall around it and make USMB pay for it.

Forum List

Back