Conservatives: Time to rally around a not-Romney

How about you just vote for the person you like the most and not play political games?

This isn't a popularity contest--go back to high school if you want that. The opt is right we non-Romney's need to get behind ONE single candidate to make this work.

The ONLY candidate that has a track record of cutting the size of the Federal Government is Newt Gingrich. The rest are already on their way out. Rick Santorum has some major issues going on right now--with videos all over the place on his earmarks and his big spending days. Ron Paul never had a shot in hell anyway--and his racist newsletters and attacks on Abe Lincoln last week when he tweeted on his home page that Lincoln is responsible for killing 500,000 in the civil war--and whom Ron Paul has already admitted that he won't win the White House. Rick Perry--(I personally like) but won't vote for him--because Obama would kick his butt in any debate and make him look stupid.

So that leaves Newt Gingrich who is the only viable candidate of winning the nomination and then the Presidency.

The below is the ad on Rick Santorum and unfortunately it's TRUE--let alone that he is way to socially conservative to have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Game Show - YouTube

I never suggested it was a popularity contest. Not sure where you got that red herring.

We need to support the candidate whose positions we believe in.

And while I havent decided who im going to support, im not going to support a big government progressive like Newt.

Santorum has next to no chance- he's a social conservative in an election cycle that will elect a Fiscal conservative. He has not had his turn in the barrel (that starts now) and once the media starts ripping him apart it will be tough for Rick. He'll go the same way that Bachman, Perry, Cain, and Newt have....

Romney will win New Hampshire easily. Then he'll finish in the top tier in South Carolina. After he wins Florida.....it's all over but the crying. If there is anyone we need to rally around- it's Mitt Romney!

You better hope your wrong, cause if your right then the conservatives of the Republican Party will demand Ron Paul runs third party.

Consider it a hostage situation. No more compromise.

The conservatives of the Republican party arent voting for Ron Paul for the nomination, they aren't going to be demanding a third party run if one of the people they do support wins.

Are you some kind of fucking idiot? Ron Paul is the only one the conservatives support.

alright fuckface. Who do the conservatives support?

conservatives are actually split between most candidates.

conservative=small government dipshit. Not one candidate other then ron paul is small government. Now do you understand you poor uneducated fool. Stop posting, you make everyone fucking dumber just by your presence.

Actually, all of them, except maybe Hunstman have been running a small government campaign. And I except Hunstman mostly because I know about his policies the least.

You think Perry's part time Congress ideas are big government?

Mitt, Newt, and Santorum have all succeeded in cutting government spending at times.

and on the reverse, Paul has attached earmarks to bills. That's not very principled to me. Nor is it small government.

And you know what the best part is? The non-Paul candidates don't have a death wish by encouraging Twelvers to seek Nuclear weapons.

conservatives are actually split between most candidates.

conservative=small government dipshit. Not one candidate other then ron paul is small government. Now do you understand you poor uneducated fool. Stop posting, you make everyone fucking dumber just by your presence.

Actually, all of them, except maybe Hunstman have been running a small government campaign. And I except Hunstman mostly because I know about his policies the least.

You think Perry's part time Congress ideas are big government?

Mitt, Newt, and Santorum have all succeeded in cutting government spending at times.

and on the reverse, Paul has attached earmarks to bills. That's not very principled to me. Nor is it small government.

And you know what the best part is? The non-Paul candidates don't have a death wish by encouraging Twelvers to seek Nuclear weapons.

Look, I am not going to argue with a fool. I would recommend watching the debates agian and this time considering what all of those asswipes are really saying. The only one other then paul that is anything close to a conservative is huntsman. All others when presented with a delima offer solutions of expanding government and spending more money. Not a god damned one of them is offering real cuts.

Fucking moron. You are the problem with this country. Got your head all up your ass and oh so willing to believe what the glowing box tells you. Where is your brain? Hannity is playing with it. Brainwashed fool.

Right now I don't know how I'll vote. Somehow I have been tapped by the Republican National Senatorial Committee to receive tons of forms on issues and candidates to be completed and returned to the RNSC. *Sigh*

I've just become so frustrated and angry I don't know what to do. I have not ONE CLUE about my vote. I don't see the Reps giving me anyone to vote for. Don't like Romney at all - and his health care plan for MA has a lot to do with that. He's stiff as a board - I don't care how many jeans and casual shirts you put on the man he still comes over as a stick in the mud. He has no personality at all and that's not a plus when you're looking to be elected President. I think he's more likely to lean toward some of Obama's programs than not. I do think he's the Party's choice - he's already run in the last two elections and failed to get elected - I'm hoping he's not running on the "Third Time's the Charm" platform.

I can't go with Rick Perry. That "Don't Mess With Texas" stuff may work in Texas, but probably not so much with the rest of the country. I don't know - he's just sort of not all together in his presentation of himself or his proposals on issues.

I've never been keen on Ron Paul. I know it sounds stupid- but I don't like his face. He just strikes me as being not so trustworthy. Aside from that ... I have issues with his stance on the issues and his opinions of how to cure them.

Newt Gingrich may be considered to be the smartest of the candidates, but I think he has a lot of baggage that I'm not real happy about - not to mention he's a long time "player" in DC politics.

America is just in such a mess I don't know if we'll ever get back to the greatness and respect we used to have.

Ron Paul is the most scary candidate in the roster. His foreign affairs agenda is just not realistic for times like these.

Would conservatives prefer a not-Romney to lose to Obama, or see Romney beat Obama?

I'm probably wasting my time with this on you but we conservatives have a quandry. WSE are principled people, we don't give up those principles at the drop of a hat. Romney is a less than desirable candidate but yes, job one is to remove Obama-The-Idiot from office. It isn't a decision to be taken lightly.

Huntsman actually has a very conservative track record as governor of Utah- unfortunately he ran a very bad campaign.

At the risk of actually posing a straight question and having someone consider it, and answer it without profanity, I'll offer this....

Do you think that Huntsman can be this year's Romney insofar as learning how not to campaign; rather to be more precise....how NOT to run a campaign and be better for it in the next election if Obama holds office?

What I like about him is that he is a straight shooter; I think he may be incapable of the types of bullshit you see from Gingrich and, in my view Santorum (does anyone really believe that a 7 year old Rick Santorum actually thought, 'Those hands dug freedom for me')?

Anyway, if the question is worthy of your consideration, I'd like to hear what you think. In the morning. Good night.
If John Huntsman really wants to be President he can learn from this experience and make a far better candidate in 4 years. More likely he'll just say screw it- and enjoy his life. Why go through the hell that a presidential run entails? You have to REALLY want it, I don't think Huntsman does. He gave it a shot, on his own terms, and he fell short. I think he's done with politics.

Thanks.

Santorum sucks harder than anyone on the list, A social conservative? The teaparty must truly be dead to even consider a Theocrat over a Neocon, he's even further away from libertarian values of non-interference than Romney.

You're a partisan hack idiot. What a lame-ass attempt to tie the Tea Party to Santorum. The Tea Party is, was, and always will be about fiscal responsibility, not controlling people's lives.

I am still wondering what effect the two debates will have this weekend. The damage was done to Gingrich in Iowa from Romney but are those ads being played in NH and South Carolina? Gingrich is so effective in those debates, will there be a comeback when he starts comparing himself with Romney on issues?

Romney has a great fiscal background but it doesn't get him out of the 20's and I don't think he's going to take attacks well in the debates. These next debates may be crucial.

Would conservatives prefer a not-Romney to lose to Obama, or see Romney beat Obama?

That's easy.

I would rather see a Conservative lose to Obama than see Romney turn the GOP into a second Democratic Party.

I would rather stand on principles and offer an alternative than say, "Obama's got the right ideas, he's just not implementing them right." WHich is pretty much what we would be saying by electing Romney.

But I think nominating Romney will give us the worst of both worlds. We'll sacrifice Conservative values AND lose to Obama.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Prominent conservative leaders want their rank and file to quickly get behind a single presidential candidate, fearful that persistent splits will help Mitt Romney win the Republican nomination.

The former Massachusetts governor narrowly won the Iowa caucuses when conservative voters divided their support among several challengers, and the worry is that the same thing will happen in South Carolina, Florida and beyond if Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry all stay in the race.

"Conservatives are still divided among a number of different candidates, but the field is winnowing," said former Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer. And, he said: "I certainly think that Sen. Santorum is in a good position to inherit a lot of that support."

[/INDENT]

A couple of points.

The thing about the "Electability Argument" was that it pre-supposes the only way the GOP can win is if they abandon conservative principles and the TEA Party movement that got them back into the game. Nope, the only way they can win is by abandoning principles.

Obama will probably win because the 69 million idiots who voted for him in 2008 aren't about to admit they screwed it up by voting him in to start with. So it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates. If the economy recovers just a little bit, that will give them a peg to hang their hats on.

Nominating Romney probably won't win the presidency, but it will discourage a lot of the energy that the TEA Party generated.

The FakeSnarkey's of the world like to point out the folly of nominating conservatives by pointing to Goldwater, but what he fails to realize is that Goldwater redefined the GOP, even though he lost.

Better to stick to principles. Eventually they pay off.

I am still wondering what effect the two debates will have this weekend. The damage was done to Gingrich in Iowa from Romney but are those ads being played in NH and South Carolina? Gingrich is so effective in those debates, will there be a comeback when he starts comparing himself with Romney on issues?

Romney has a great fiscal background but it doesn't get him out of the 20's and I don't think he's going to take attacks well in the debates. These next debates may be crucial.

Still wondering?

Forum List

Back