Conservatives Loved Ricky Gervais

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Conservatives rally behind Ricky Gervais | Reuters

By Paul Bond
Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15pm EST
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - British comedian Ricky Gervais is the new darling of political conservatives thanks to the fusillade of insults he directed at the aghast celebrities attending the weekend's Golden Globe Awards.

Delighted at the sight of Gervais belittling Hollywood elitists who they maintain do likewise to them regularly, the right-wing blogosphere lit up with positive reviews, even while more traditional media was critical of Sunday's telecast.
<more>

we do??
i didnt even watched the golden globes
and i dont really care what he said
but it will be funny to follow how this thread goes

I didn't watch either and though I can't tell you who or what movie won for anything, I have seen some of the "jokes" online at You Tube and various sites around the web. The only thing I learned is that I will not be watching again next year and that "hollywoodites" are very (very) thin skinned. (very very... like Obama thin skinned) So, yeah, it's nice to see them get sucker punched for a change.

Big Hollywood Blog Archive Ricky Gervais Gives Hollywood a Taste of Their Own Sucker Punch-Medicine

Dare I say, God bless Ricky Gervais?

How many times have those of us in Middle America gotten all settled in for an expected evening of relaxing entertainment, be it at the movies, in front of the television, or in bed with a good book, only to get sucker punched by some cheap, out-of-nowhere sucker punch aimed at our identity, faith or country? You former “Law and Order” fans know especially of what I speak. And so last night Gervais gave the entertainment industry a little taste of what that sucker punch feels like. First, there’s the surprise; then there’s the disappointment and anger; finally, there comes the worst part: the waiting on edge for it to happen again.

The Washington Post claims Gervais “crashed” last night and had a “meltdown.” The Guardian suggests Gervais toned down his act later in the show after being disciplined backstage. The New York Times declared Gervais “merciless” and suggests he will not be asked to return for a third time as host. The Hollywood Reporter is almost positive Gervais won’t be asked back after “bruising all those egos.”

No, Hollywood is not happy with Mr. Gervais for ruining their evening with cheap shots, ridicule and insults.

Well, how does it feel, Hollywood? How does it feel to be “blindsided” and trapped for a few hours not knowing when it might come again?

Kind of sucks all the fun out of the evening, doesn’t it?

God was working through America’s favorite evangelical atheist. He did the Lord’s work last night. After all, if just one Hollywoodist learns from their 2011 Golden Globe experience, the entertainment industry will only get that much better as a result.

:lol::lol:

Golden Globes 2011: Ricky Gervais's risqué attack on self-loving Tinseltown | Mail Online

What stupendous fools these American neck-clutchers are making of themselves. Ricky Gervais achieved the near impossible – he made an awards ceremony fun to watch.

His line about zillionaire Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (‘Heather Mills calls him the one that got away’) would have been funny in its own right but was doubly delicious for the fact that that purpled chump Sir Paul McCartney was in the audience.

Gervais dished up home truths to a Californian showbiz crowd which has long taken itself far too seriously. He did what jesters have done since the days of Shakespeare and before: He held up a mirror to the mighty.

I can't speak for conservatives but I think most people like it when someone speaks truth to power and does it with a smile to boot.

I'm not a conservative and I think he was great, this year and last (watched the clips on youtube). Dude just stood up on stage and made fun of all these celebrities to their faces. Twice! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back