Conservatives have a tougher time creating policy than liberals

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
I pulled this idea of mine from another thread:

A liberal can think up an idea, good or bad, and act on it. A true Conservative has a narrow Constitutional view and must live by it, good or bad idea be damned.

A conservative recognizes the math problem and wants it? Well, here come fifty different systems or a constitutional convention.

A conservative wants to overthrow some government with a Canal or some oil with no declaration of war? He looks like he is just giving lip service to the constitution.

A Conservative does want to outlaw abortion? Well ain't that backwards. I suppose we can let all 50 states get their own laws on everything including how well regulated they can make guns virtually un-ownable unless you are in the militia.

A conservative wants to bail out some banks in the 00's and a car company or two? Man, that's stretching it.

The constitutionalism is just a talking point of conservatism. All we have to recall is 2001, when not only did the GOP vote to nationalize airport security, but they threw even the enumerated limitations of the constitution (see also suspending habeus corpus in a situation that was neither rebellion nor invasion) out the window.

And they want to keep going with that:

Weak Constitution - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/24/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

to say nothing of how they want to gut the Seventh for the sake of quack doctors :p

Yeah .. that's what liberalism is always coming up with ideas for the sake of ideas good or bad without regard for understanding it or even knowing what the idea is as long as its a liberal idea.

Wow. Deep thoughts?

So anyways, I will provide a reasonable point in favor of constitutional conservatism.

If you use the Constitution as a guide you can find answers rather than having to do things such as create complex stock buying programs.

The constitutionalism is just a talking point of conservatism. All we have to recall is 2001, when not only did the GOP vote to nationalize airport security, but they threw even the enumerated limitations of the constitution (see also suspending habeus corpus in a situation that was neither rebellion nor invasion) out the window.

And they want to keep going with that:

Weak Constitution - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/24/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

to say nothing of how they want to gut the Seventh for the sake of quack doctors :p

Jon Stewart cracks me up. You have to be consistent or he will call you out.

The Republican Party has some conservative members. It is not representative of conservatism, or even the main source of conservative thought.

Conservatives believe we should follow the Constitution because it is the law.

What's wrong with that?

The Republican Party has some conservative members. It is not representative of conservatism, or even the main source of conservative thought.

Conservatives believe we should follow the Constitution because it is the law.

What's wrong with that?

I, as much as I agree with universal health care, feel it is unconstitutional.

I think we need more Amendments to deal with modern issues, as slippery a slope as that is.

So no, I do not think there is anything wrong with that. I just call out the hypocrites.

Forum List

Back