Conservatives celebrate! We won the battle of Madison!!!!

It would be a lot more than a little pay cut for American workers to be on a par with their foreign counterparts.

Then perhaps it would be wise to stop government from artificially jacking up labor costs wouldnt it?

Hey here's a Revolutionary idea...How bout Teachers & Welfare Recipients say Thank You to Taxpayers once and awhile? I know that seems shocking but how bout it? Teachers & Welfare Recipients seem to only want to complain and demand more. Well,most Americans are getting sick of their Entitlement attitude. A Thank You once and awhile really would be nice.

They do. I'm hard of hearing though & I'm hearing it as "FUCK YOU!". Either way,I never reply back with "you're welcome".

You may win the battle in Wisconsin and lose the war

Republicans are firmly establishing themselves as anti-worker in a time when Amercans overwhelmingly support the right to collective bargaining

Even Chris Christie supports collective bargaining

Since when have unions ever done work?

It took quite a bit of work for unions to get the 40 hour workweek, child labor laws, workplace safety and hundreds of other worker rights that we now take for granted

Couldn't have done it without collective bargaining

Christie supports "responsible bargaining," whatever that may mean, I doubt it refers to teachers walking off the job during the middle of the school year.

Weakening Teacher Unions is vital to any possible change & improvement in our Publc Schools. Teacher Unions just have too much power at this point. They don't care about the kids anymore. They only care about themselves and getting Democrats elected. In fact there shouldn't be any Unions in our Government. It's just a very bad combination. Conservatives haven't quite won yet in Madison. They're getting there though. Much Kudos are well deserved for Governor Scott Walker. He's making the tough Adult decisions that have to be made. I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Guess what?

You get what you pay for. Weaken teacher pay and benefits and you get poorer quality teachers

Don't blame the unions

I disagree. You weaken the unions, then you will see people who are more concerned about money elsewhere and the people who want to educate children willing to educate them.

Better educated children means more abilities to produce wealth down the line

Which leads to hire pay for teachers.

It would be a lot more than a little pay cut for American workers to be on a par with their foreign counterparts.

Then perhaps it would be wise to stop government from artificially jacking up labor costs wouldnt it?

You're right! The government should do whatever it can to make sure that workers make as little as possible.

No. The government should stay the heck out of the process and not artificially raise costs.

They raise costs in many more ways them simply employee pay.

You're right! The government should do whatever it can to make sure that workers make as little as possible.

:eusa_eh:

How the hell did you interpret the opposite of artificial wage support as artificial wage suppresion?

:eusa_hand:

I don't suppose having the government not involving itself in wage mandates of either kind occured to you.

Just once before i die,i would love to see just one Welfare Recipient or Teacher say Thank You to Taxpayers for providing them with the benefits they enjoy. For every Food Stamp handed out there is a man or woman working their butt off to provide those Food Stamps. The Democrats need to stop promoting this Entitlement attitude. I think most Americans are just sick of Teachers & Welfare Recipients and their Entitlement shit. Too much complaining and not enough thanking coming from these people. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Republicans are firmly establishing themselves as anti-worker in a time when Amercans overwhelmingly support the right to collective bargaining

RW....you and I agree on many, many things, but on this one I will have to respectfully disagree. What percentage of American belong to unions? Around 12% now, if I recall correctly. Those of us forced to employ union workers and see NO better worker than a non-union person despise unions and also despise union supporters. As an Obama voter, I am squarely on Walker's side on this one and I believe the Democrats would be fools to make this an issue in 2012.

fair enough..

I however believe the American worker is under attack as he finds it harder and harder to maintain his former standard of living.

Unions or the threat of forming a union is all that a worker has to ensure that his rights are not violated

I work a blue-collar non-union job and I'm fine with it. My company's management has admitted to us openly that a big part of why they've been cool with us has been to avoid future unionization.

If every law labor activists fought for so many years ago were overturned and unions became history, we wouldn't immediately go back to the hell that was labor in America. There wouldn't be much of anything to stop some of the abuses that happened back then from happening again, either.

Since when have unions ever done work?

That is an ignorant remark Avatar. Surprised to see that come from someone with intellect, who was prolly schooled by Union teachers. Sigh,...That ol Retarded short term memory syndrome has sure took it's toll on the reightys.

How is it ignorant? Unions do less work than non-union and demand more pay for less productivity. Heck, some members get paid to do jack squat. You want verification? Just open your eyes.
No sense arguing with you, since you are wrong. Here is a link (There are plenty more!) showing Union members leave non-union members in the dust, and productivity is only one of the ways they do this. Take a moment and read this please

Union vs. Non-Union: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

As for my intellect, any knowledge I have is despite the public school system. See, unlike you I don't sit back and wait for people to give me information. I try to learn it for myself. I read. I think. I experiment. There is so much to learn in the world. I know I've only cracked a fraction of a percent of what is out there. If I sat around presuming that I was simply educated because i went to school and picked up a few degrees, id be as ignorant as you.

So far you are batting "0" Avatar. Should have paid attention in class to the Union teacher.

So far you are batting "0" Avatar. Should have paid attention in class to the Union teacher.

Youre argument of "You're wrong because I say so" isn't very compelling.

Educate yourself. You have already established you have no clue what you are talking about when you refused to provide a statute yesterday.

Just once before i die,i would love to see just one Welfare Recipient or Teacher say Thank You to Taxpayers for providing them with the benefits they enjoy. For every Food Stamp handed out there is a man or woman working their butt off to provide those Food Stamps. The Democrats need to stop promoting this Entitlement attitude. I think most Americans are just sick of Teachers & Welfare Recipients and their Entitlement shit. Too much complaining and not enough thanking coming from these people. Enough is enough.

When is the last time you thanked a teacher for your education, or a disabled welfare recipient for the roads he built for you to drive on? It is a two way street, so stop whining like you were whipped by a razor strap. You have too much complaining, and not enough thanking.

Governments will have to stand up to the Unions. Times have changed. The days of endless Entitlements are over. The Unions are very powerful but Walker is proving that you can stand up to them. Kudos to him.

Youre argument of "You're wrong because I say so" isn't very compelling.

Educate yourself. You have already established you have no clue what you are talking about when you refused to provide a statute yesterday.

I gave you a link. Maybe a few more PC lessons will show you how to click on it. I have no idea of what statute you are referring to? You want my attention, stick a flag in my face, PM me. There are thousands of posts here, this is just one of them, and I don't go back through every thread, but tend to move on.

Governments will have to stand up to the Unions. Times have changed. The days of endless Entitlements are over. The Unions are very powerful but Walker is proving that you can stand up to them. Kudos to him.

Would love to see you get your way, as I always like a good social experiment in real time. I have found if there is regulation or a union presence, etc., it is there for a good reason. And that reason doesn't take to long in rising it's ugly head again after a change.

Yet another ignorant fool who thinks that "the lazy bums" are ruining this country and that teachers or welfare recipients don't appreciate or thank for what they get.

WTF, man. Quit blaming a non-existent lazy populace. The vast majority of people on welfare aren't bad people.

When are the Dems going to get some BAWLS and point out that conservatives like you HATE the little guy. HATE helping anyone who needs help at all.

Drop welfare altogether and see what happens with this country. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Yet another ignorant fool who thinks that "the lazy bums" are ruining this country and that teachers or welfare recipients don't appreciate or thank for what they get.

WTF, man. Quit blaming a non-existent lazy populace. The vast majority of people on welfare aren't bad people.

When are the Dems going to get some BAWLS and point out that conservatives like you HATE the little guy. HATE helping anyone who needs help at all.

Drop welfare altogether and see what happens with this country. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Teachers & Generational Welfare Recipients do not take the time to thank Taxpayers for the benefits they receive. I don't know where you're seeing all this gratitude coming from them. No one else sees that. The only time you hear from Teachers & Welfare Recipients is when they're complaining and demanding more. This is why they have both lost so much support. For every Food Stamp handed out there is a man or woman working their asses off to provide those Food Stamps. Taxpayers are never thanked for this. I do blame the Democrats for encouraging this Entitlement attitude. Teachers & Welfare Recipients should stop being ingrates and start thanking Taxpayers for their freebies. Because nothing's really free in the end. Someone always pays.

Last edited:

I support collective bargaining, but not for public employees. Thatt's the nuance you seem to miss.

It seems you know little about this issue past talking points.

RW....you and I agree on many, many things, but on this one I will have to respectfully disagree. What percentage of American belong to unions? Around 12% now, if I recall correctly. Those of us forced to employ union workers and see NO better worker than a non-union person despise unions and also despise union supporters. As an Obama voter, I am squarely on Walker's side on this one and I believe the Democrats would be fools to make this an issue in 2012.

fair enough..

I however believe the American worker is under attack as he finds it harder and harder to maintain his former standard of living.

Unions or the threat of forming a union is all that a worker has to ensure that his rights are not violated

The American worker now has more power than ever there, well, if the bill passes. In the current setup the worker is powerless.

Forum List

Back