Conservatives Apparently ARE THIS Stupid, Gathering Enough Votes to Kill Obamacare Repeal

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The liberals have no allies anywhere like they have in the Republican far right.

These ideologues are so extreme that they will reject half a loaf that relieves 90% of the problems with Obamacare simply because it does not pass their litmus test for ideological purity.

So the individual mandate and business mandate that have crippled hiring in the USA for the past 4 years stays, and the ginormus regime of bureaucratic red tape is going to remain atop the US economy will stay and we as a nation will head straight into a catastrophic train wreck when Obamacare finally collapses because these idiot "conservatives' wont take a half loaf instead of a whole loaf?

What a bunch of assholes and idiots.

Conservative House Republicans Say They Have Votes to Block Health Bill

Last edited:
Trump to Republicans: Vote for Obamacare repeal or lose your seat

During a closed-door meeting with the House GOP conference, the president gave a full-throated endorsement to the House repeal bill that will come to the floor for a vote on Thursday. He warned that if Republicans don't pass the bill, "I honestly think many of you will lose your seats in 2018."

Trump even called out the bill's most vocal critic in the House, Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), who's led the conservative opposition to the Republican health care plan. "Mark, I'm gonna come after you" if he keeps it up, Trump said, according to multiple sources.

The sources cautioned that Trump may have been "half joking," as one put it. He winked and he smiled at Meadows, and acknowledged the congressman was a strong supporter of his campaign.

But singling out Meadows in front of his colleagues sent a clear message: Trump wants him to get in line. And fast.

"This Thursday we have a chance to repeal and replace Obamacare, and this time you've actually got someone who will sign the bill," Trump told them. "I'm asking for your vote."...

Trump thanked lawmakers who had opposed the health plan but worked with him and GOP leaders to get to "yes." He mentioned Reps. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.), Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) and Martha McSally (R-Ariz.), who all announced their support Tuesday after changes were made to enhance health care tax credits for the elderly. Trump also thanked Republican Study Committee Chairman Mark Walker (R-N.C.), who negotiated a number of concessions for conservatives last week.

Then Trump got to Meadows. The Freedom Caucus chief visited the president at his Mar-a-Lago resort over the weekend to discuss changes he and a number of hard-liners wanted. The White House signaled, however, that negotiations were closing and conservatives had gotten all the concessions they would.

Trump noted at Tuesday's meeting that Meadows supported him on the campaign trail and predicted: "I think Mark Meadows will get on board, too." He added, "Because honestly, a loss is not acceptable, folks."

Trump also made a point of making Meadows stand up before the room. When Meadows tried to make light of the situation, saying Trump's Florida estate was very nice, Trump countered that "I guess it wasn't lovely enough" because Meadows is still a "no" on the bill.

"It's a good bill," Trump said. "It's going to go to the Senate, and the alternative is Obamacare and that's a disaster."

As he left the meeting, Trump cautiously predicted victory on Thursday.

"We're going to have a real winner," Trump said. "It was a great meeting. They're terrific people. They want a tremendous health care plan. That's what we have, and there are going to be adjustments to it. But I think we'll get the votes."

Several Freedom Caucus members exited the meeting saying they still weren't convinced they should back the plan. Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-Tenn.), a Freedom Caucus member and one of Trump's earliest campaign supporters in Congress, said his mind was not changed by the president's appearance. The same was true for Rep. Mark Sanford, the former South Carolina governor.​

The liberals have no allies anywhere like they have in the Republican far right.

These ideologues are so extreme that they will reject half a loaf that relieves 90% of the problems with Obamacare simply because it does not pass their litmus test for ideological purity.

So the individual mandate and business mandate that have crippled hiring in the USA for the past 4 years stays, and the ginormus regime of bureaucratic red tape is going to remain atop the US economy will stay and we as a nation will head straight into a catastrophic train wreck when Obamacare finally collapses because these idiot "conservatives' wont take a half loaf instead of a whole loaf?

They are beta male clunk heads.

Reminds me of the story of a young and old bull. they stand on top of a hill looking down on a herd of cows. says the young bull; let's run down and fuck a cow. The old bull says; Let's walk down slow and fuck the whole herd.

Lesson: Hurry and screw up, act slow and get results.

Reminds me of the story of a young and old bull. they stand on top of a hill looking down on a herd of cows. says the young bull; let's run down and fuck a cow. The old bull says; Let's walk down slow and fuck the whole herd.

Well, going slow and careful is a good idea, but if one goes too slow, the herd wont be there when you arrive for your fucking.

To be fair, it isn't conservatives.

It's the assholes we elect, who then go into traitor mode.

I have long distinguished between small 'c' conservatives who are not ideologues and the capital 'C' Conservatives who are driven by ideology and most desire ideological purity.

That these morons are going to F'up the opportunity to repeal and replace Obamacare and try to defend it with semantic wrangling and ideological smoke screens is proof of the harm ideologies can do to a persons normal thinking processes.

No it's conservatives. The voters are the same type of guys as the elected reps. Believe me.

And that is just another reason I remain a conservative without a party.

Well, going slow and careful is a good idea, but if one goes too slow, the herd wont be there when you arrive for your fucking.

IMO-Trump made a strategic error in making the repeal of BOcare first on the agenda. Tax reforms and infrastructure spending bills would have been better starts. He could have built coalition among his party and even had some Dem support on those. Healthcare is convoluted and complicated and should be done with great deliberation. Once that pass a healthcare bill they own it. It would have been better to let people stew over the shortcomings longer on BOcare.

The positions of the House Freedom Caucus, when it comes to the repeal of Obamacare, wasn't some secret. They told you they weren't going to settle for a watered-down version of the ACA.

IMO-Trump made a strategic error in making the repeal of BOcare first on the agenda. Tax reforms and infrastructure spending bills would have been better starts. He could have built coalition among his party and even had some Dem support on those. Healthcare is convoluted and complicated and should be done with great deliberation. Once that pass a healthcare bill they own it. It would have been better to let people stew over the shortcomings longer on BOcare.
I am not sure how one reliably adjusts the tax code while leaving the replacement of Obamacare undone. That would obviously have a huge impact on taxation policy.

The positions of the House Freedom Caucus, when it comes to the repeal of Obamacare, wasn't some secret. They told you they weren't going to settle for a watered-down version of the ACA.

Oh, these whores merely run up the price for their votes.

My apologies to all whores out there for the comparison with politicians.

Oh, these whores merely run up the price for their votes.

My apologies to all whores out there for the comparison with politicians.

If they decide to vote for the new healthcare bill as a result of some quid pro quo then yes, they would be whores. If they don't, they would have stood by the principles they've speaking about for years.

If they decide to vote for the new healthcare bill as a result of some quid pro quo then yes, they would be whores. If they don't, they would have stood by the principles they've speaking about for years.
Nah, if they dont, it is far more plausible that the other side simply failed to find they one-click buy-me-now price

Nah, if they dont, it is far more plausible that the other side simply failed to find they one-click buy-me-now price

Perhaps. We'll see how it all plays out soon enough.

Conservatards.
ConservaVERYtards, lol.

These idiots think that they will get a second chance on repaling obamacare, but why would the GOP leadership do that when the ConservaVERYtards just gave them a perfect set of scape goats for the elections?

Forum List

Back