Conservatives and liberals can agree: Four obvious reason Obama needs to go

^^^

No the reasons aren't crap. They're well documented realities. You can split hairs on some details but Obama has screwed us on debt, employment, gas prices and wealth.

Last edited:
What are we suppose to be agreeing on?

That Obama has failed.

The GOP failed. Damned near gave us another Great Depression. We are still digging out of the damage that they have done. But people like you wish to try it all over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a differant result.

Isn't four years of Blaming Bush enough? Or does BO get a permanent pass?

Black unemployment has also doubled under Obama.
Check your math. Black Unemployment level and rate:
January 2009, Level = 2,254,000, rate = 12.7%
July 2012, Level = 2,585,000, rate = 14.1%
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

And conservative estimates are that real unemployment is 20 percent.
Let's see...Current level of Unemployment (not seasonally adjusted) is 13,400 out of a Labor Force of 156,526,000 = 8.4% To get to 20%, that would be (13,400,000 + X)/(156,526,000 + X) = 0.2
13,400,000 + X = .2(156,526,000 + X)
13,400,000 + X = 31,305,200 + 0.2X
0.8X = 17,905,200
X = 22,381,500 That's over 22 MILLION Unemployed you'd have to add. And yet there are only 6.8 million people not already counted as unemployed who say they even want a job (not counted as unemployed because they aren't trying to work or could not take a job if offered).

4. Gas prices

Gas prices have doubled under Obama.
Eh...up by about 80%....almost double.

Last edited:
That Obama has failed.

The GOP failed. Damned near gave us another Great Depression. We are still digging out of the damage that they have done. But people like you wish to try it all over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a differant result.
Isn't four years of Blaming Bush enough? Or does BO get a permanent pass?
Of course He does. Duh.

1. Unemployment
Bush...
.. is irrelevant. Grow up and take your boy to task for failing.
2. Wealth
The primary reasons for our deficits are two unfunded wars and the Bush tax reduction which has become almost impossible to change given the republicans in congress.
Aside form the fact that this isn't relevant to the issue presented...
You mean The Obama's tax cuts for the Rich. He forced the Democrats to extend them, and thus, He owns them.
Grow up and take your boy to task for failing.
3. Debt
70% of today's debt was caused by republican policy.
The Obama. in 4 years, has borrowed more money than any other President, regardless of how long he was in office. At the current rate, in two terms, He will borrow more money than ALL of the Presidents combined.
Grow up and take your boy to task for failing.
4. Gas prices
Gas prices are controlled by the market.
Except when Bush was in office - then it was his fault.

I'm not sure what jobs bills Republicans were supposed to have killed. I know that all of Obama's bailouts were approved. I know that he was even granted the very unpopular Obamacare.
I'm a little surprised you'd say that. It was going on all last year.

Senate blocks new Obama jobs bill

For the second time in two weeks, Senate Republicans voted in unison to block “jobs” legislation, which the Obama administration and Senate Democratic leaders have made central to their agenda.
As far as the healthcare bill, I withdrew my support once it was clear the "public option" would not be in it.

And I don't know how you can say I'm not concerned about unemployment. For myself, it is and always will be a top issue. I believe that govt. is an enemy of business. You even have Obama's EPA dude bragging about killing business.
How could Obama be anti-business, when corporations are sitting on $2 trillion dollars in record profits?

[Corporate] profits are so high that [they] are sitting on almost $2 trillion in cash...according to data released by the Fed.

^^^
You can't even say what bills/policies they killed. You're just going off of Obama's rhetoric. Sad. If you can't readily say what happened, then I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

And why are businesses sitting on so-called record profits and unemployment remains up? Because they know govt. will penalize growth and not make it worth their while. Govt. has created all sorts of artificial costs. You don't think those come back to screw the people?

4. Gas Prices

Hmmm....... Even hear of Adam Smith? Supply and Demand? It is called a Free Market. And, at present, our largest single export is refined petroleum products, ie, gasoline and diesel. In other words, we are competing in a world market for a product that is in great demand. We either pay the present prices, or the companies sell the gas overseas to those that will pay the prices.

Yes__ and Obama has quelled supply.

OK, let's go over this real slow. We are exporting both gas and diesel by the tanker load. To the point that it has become our biggest export. Then you state the supply is less?

Federal report: U.S. oil imports down, domestic production highest since 2003 - Los Angeles Times

According to the study, the United States reduced net imports of crude oil last year by 10%, or 1 million barrels a day. The U.S. now imports 45% of its petroleum, down from 57% in 2008, and is on track to meet Obama’s long-term goal, the administration maintains.

Imports have fallen, in part, because the United States has increased domestic oil and gas production in recent years.

U.S. crude oil production increased by an estimated 120,000 barrels a day last year over 2010, the report says. Current production, about 5.6 million barrels a day, is the highest since 2003.

The U.S. has been the world’s largest producer of natural gas since 2009, the report says. Use of renewable sources of energy, such as wind and solar, is still relatively small but has doubled since 2008.

The report credits administration policies for the improvements. It cites initiatives such as the higher fuel efficiency of passenger cars, the jump in renewable energy output, and improved weatherization of 1 million homes.

Ever hear of doing a little research before flapping yap?

4. Gas Prices

Hmmm....... Even hear of Adam Smith? Supply and Demand? It is called a Free Market. And, at present, our largest single export is refined petroleum products, ie, gasoline and diesel. In other words, we are competing in a world market for a product that is in great demand. We either pay the present prices, or the companies sell the gas overseas to those that will pay the prices.

Yes__ and Obama has quelled supply.

OK, let's go over this real slow. We are exporting both gas and diesel by the tanker load. To the point that it has become our biggest export. Then you state the supply is less?

Federal report: U.S. oil imports down, domestic production highest since 2003 - Los Angeles Times

According to the study, the United States reduced net imports of crude oil last year by 10%, or 1 million barrels a day. The U.S. now imports 45% of its petroleum, down from 57% in 2008, and is on track to meet Obama’s long-term goal, the administration maintains.

Imports have fallen, in part, because the United States has increased domestic oil and gas production in recent years.

U.S. crude oil production increased by an estimated 120,000 barrels a day last year over 2010, the report says. Current production, about 5.6 million barrels a day, is the highest since 2003.

The U.S. has been the world’s largest producer of natural gas since 2009, the report says. Use of renewable sources of energy, such as wind and solar, is still relatively small but has doubled since 2008.

The report credits administration policies for the improvements. It cites initiatives such as the higher fuel efficiency of passenger cars, the jump in renewable energy output, and improved weatherization of 1 million homes.

Ever hear of doing a little research before flapping yap?

So__ What you're saying is that Democrats can't even live-up to their platform of controlling the oil companies. If we have this great supply and we're not benefiting from it while oil companies are making more profits than any other industry, then clearly Democrats have no interest in getting oil prices down b/c who do you think is greasing their hands?

Again, there are various means that oil prices could come down and you're being silly when you pretend that Obama has no control over it.

Forum List

Back