conservative SCOTUS judge flubs opinion in his zeal to bash EPA

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
He really, what I used to refer to as "screwed the pooch" :laugh: In his con zeal to bash the EPA, he comes out looking like a maroon :thup:

Justice Scalia Makes Epic Blunder In Supreme Court Opinion
The conservative justice's error was noted by University of California-Berkeley law professor Dan Farber, who called it "embarrassing" and a "cringeworthy blunder."

"Scalia’s dissent also contains a hugely embarrassing mistake. He refers to the Court’s earlier decision in American Trucking as involving an effort by EPA to smuggle cost considerations into the statute. But that’s exactly backwards: it was industry that argued for cost considerations and EPA that resisted," Farber wrote on the environmental law and policy blog Legal Planet. "This gaffe is doubly embarrassing because Scalia wrote the opinion in the case, so he should surely remember which side won! Either some law clerk made the mistake and Scalia failed to read his own dissent carefully enough, or he simply forgot the basics of the earlier case and his clerks failed to correct him. Either way, it's a cringeworthy blunder."
SCOTUS Opinions Revised | The Kojo Nnamdi Show
it was revealed recently that justices often also quietly revise decisions after they're issued, which can alter the law of the land with little notice.

And your background in law is?

you just swallow anything that fits what the herd (Democrat party, left wingers, etc) throws out there

Last edited:

Judicial review? Wuzzdat??

SCOTUS never overturns laws!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of the rw'ers here who took the brown acid reply :rolleyes:

Stay on-topic people! :talktothehand:

I want [MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION] opinion since his profile has Nino's protege as his profile pic :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Oh fucking nosies. Somebody made a blunder and it had to be corrected.

Catch of the century.

Well, the decade.

Maybe the year.

The month?

This week?

Sometime this day?

Well, it's a catch of sorts, I guess.

Big whoop.

Forum List

Back