Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

What in the actual fuck?

This has nothing to do with Trump.

This has to do with how we need to start killing scumbag negroes and about you being a lying thief...

yup, you're not a racist.

Um, did I claim otherwise?

No, dipshit, I didn't.

I have no problem with blacks. They're good people; no better or worse than whites, who go to work, pay their taxes, raise their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Negroes are those of the same skin color, but who prefer to make demands and live off the government teet. They're of no value, whatsoever, to society.

I also take note, and others should, as well, that you don't deny being dishonest, a thief and a liar.

That speaks volumes about you...
So you have no problems with white people "living off the government teet" ?

Did I say that?

Don't make assumptions. It makes you look inept...

Do you ever actually read what's in the links you post?

You can read, can't you?

There's not a single mention about Vietnam in the article you linked to.

You, again, are a failure...

Kind of infers, he supports every other bit of Right Wing asshattery.
There it is. You are aware, aren't you, that "Nazi" is trotted out first by the person who has no argument. Nice work, dipshit.

The fact of the matter is that anyone who's ever stepped on a battlefied, if he or she had any hope of victory, dehumanized their enemy...

Um, quite the contrary. In WWII, our propagandists made a big distinction between the Nazis and "Good Germans" who were waiting to be liberated. (The Japanese, on the other hand, were uniformly portrayed as sub-human). As a result, while Germans on the Eastern Front fought to the last man against the Russians, they surrendered to the Americans when they saw the war was lost. Because we treated them HUMANELY, we reduced fatalities on both sides.

What Fonda did was go to Vietnam and said, "This is what our tax dollars are doing. They are bringing untold misery to women and children." Yes, some of what she did was stupid, like sitting on the AA Gun.

But you compare that to people like Norris who didn't go, were happy to make films propagandizing the war, repeating some of the most obnoxious myths (like the Vietnamese were holding our POW's after hostilities ended.) IN short, he was cashing in. Meanwhile, Fonda took a pretty bad career hit in the 1980's when all the post-war regret started to set in.

Now, keeping this on topic. That was a choice she made. She probably should have known taking an unpopular political stance would hurt her career, and it did. Movie studios were well within their rights to not hire her, even though she is one of the best actresses Hollywood has ever produced.

Guys, get back on topic. Now.

I've been trying. Joey, however, insists on wanting to talk about how horrible a boss I am...

Uh, you specifically walked into this thread an attacked me when I stopped paying attention to you in another thread.

I don't think you've added anything to the topic of the thread.

Right wingers were for Cancel Culture before they were against it.

My perfect world, we'd stop looking to Actors and performers for their views on anything not related to acting or sports.

Of course, we put a manifestly unfit person in the presidency because he had a fake reality TV show with washed up C-list celebrities..

Um, quite the contrary. In WWII, our propagandists made a big distinction between the Nazis and "Good Germans" who were waiting to be liberated.

Hey, dummy: "Good Germans" weren't trying to take over Europe like the Nazis were...

What Fonda did was go to Vietnam and said, "This is what our tax dollars are doing. They are bringing untold misery to women and children." Yes, some of what she did was stupid, like sitting on the AA Gun.

And she rightfully paid for her unbridled stupidity...

But you compare that to people like Norris who didn't go, were happy to make films propagandizing the war, repeating some of the most obnoxious myths (like the Vietnamese were holding our POW's after hostilities ended.)

If you're going to be reporting me for calling you a liar, permit me to suggest that you stop belching up lies.

I made no such comparison...

IN short, he was cashing in. Meanwhile, Fonda took a pretty bad career hit in the 1980's when all the post-war regret started to set in.

You know, let's just go ahead and float the idea that she was simply slipping into the abyss of being a pretty shitty actress...

Guys, get back on topic. Now.

I've been trying. Joey, however, insists on wanting to talk about how horrible a boss I am...

Uh, you specifically walked into this thread an attacked me when I stopped paying attention to you in another thread.

I don't think you've added anything to the topic of the thread.

Awwwww, whassamatta, Joey? On your period?

This is my first post in this thread, in its entirety:

While I don't share his beliefs, Tim Tebow was vilified by the left for kneeling in silent prayer. No more disruptive than anything Kaepernick did, the act was considered intolerant and outright disgusting by the shit-stained left.
Tebowing1_crop_north.jpg

Tebow knelt in an act of silent, personal prayer. Kapernick knelt in an act of public defiance. The left looked at Tebow as some sort zealot and at Kaepernick as some sort of hero. Kapernick is no hero and Tebow is no zealot, yet only the act of one of them is acceptable to the dumbfucks who inhabit the left...

Where's this "attack" you speak of? I never mentioned your name. Hell, I didn't even quote you.

You apparently believe you're more important to others than you are...

Hey, dummy: "Good Germans" weren't trying to take over Europe like the Nazis were...

Actually, Hitler enjoyed public support all the way up until the War's end.

No, the stupidity was throwing away 56,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars on a war that the Pentagon concluded in 1968 was unwinnable.

You know, let's just go ahead and float the idea that she was simply slipping into the abyss of being a pretty shitty actress...

Um, except she wasn't.

She won an Oscar for Coming Home and she was nominated for another for On Golden Pond.

She also won three BAFTA awards and two golden globes.

Actually, Hitler enjoyed public support all the way up until the War's end.

No, the stupidity was throwing away 56,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars on a war that the Pentagon concluded in 1968 was unwinnable.

Um, except she wasn't.

She won an Oscar for Coming Home and she was nominated for another for On Golden Pond.

She also won three BAFTA awards and two golden globes.

There's no shortage of people who think Nicholas Cage is a horrible actor, yet he's got an Oscar.

Weird...

Do you ever actually read what's in the links you post?

You can read, can't you?

There's not a single mention about Vietnam in the article you linked to.

You, again, are a failure...

Kind of infers, he supports every other bit of Right Wing asshattery.
There it is. You are aware, aren't you, that "Nazi" is trotted out first by the person who has no argument. Nice work, dipshit.

The fact of the matter is that anyone who's ever stepped on a battlefied, if he or she had any hope of victory, dehumanized their enemy...

Um, quite the contrary. In WWII, our propagandists made a big distinction between the Nazis and "Good Germans" who were waiting to be liberated. (The Japanese, on the other hand, were uniformly portrayed as sub-human). As a result, while Germans on the Eastern Front fought to the last man against the Russians, they surrendered to the Americans when they saw the war was lost. Because we treated them HUMANELY, we reduced fatalities on both sides.

But you compare that to people like Norris who didn't go, were happy to make films propagandizing the war, repeating some of the most obnoxious myths (like the Vietnamese were holding our POW's after hostilities ended.) IN short, he was cashing in. Meanwhile, Fonda took a pretty bad career hit in the 1980's when all the post-war regret started to set in.

Now, keeping this on topic. That was a choice she made. She probably should have known taking an unpopular political stance would hurt her career, and it did. Movie studios were well within their rights to not hire her, even though she is one of the best actresses Hollywood has ever produced.

I think the success of movies like "9 to 5" that starred Jane Fonda, showed that it was illegal for studios to not cast her as much as they should have.
They would not have taken any financial hit.

I think that actually Fonda's politics would instead of increased the revenue of Fonda movies.

{...

9 to 5 (listed in the opening credits as Nine to Five) is a 1980 American comedy film directed by Colin Higgins, who wrote the screenplay with Patricia Resnick. It stars Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, and Dolly Parton as three working women who live out their fantasies of getting even with and overthrowing the company's autocratic, "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot" boss, played by Dabney Coleman.

The film grossed over $103.9 million[2] and is the 20th-highest-grossing comedy film.[3] As a star vehicle for Parton—already established as a successful singer, musician and songwriter—it launched her permanently into mainstream popular culture. A television series of the same name based on the film ran for five seasons, and a musical version of the film (also titled 9 to 5), with new songs written by Parton, opened on Broadway on April 30, 2009.

9 to 5 is number 74 on the American Film Institute's "100 Funniest Movies"[4] and has an 83% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes.[5] ...}

Awwwww, whassamatta, Joey? On your period?

This is my first post in this thread, in its entirety:

You mean where you lied about Tebow getting shit for Praying to the God of the End Zone.

He really didn't. No one blackballed him. They just made fun of him, because they SHOULD have made fun of him.

We're discussing your false assertion that I attacked you in my first post which, clearly, I did not. I did nothing of the sort.

Again, if you're going to constantly whine about me calling you a liar and want to report me for it you might start out with the obvious: DON'T LIE...

Last edited:
There's no shortage of people who think Nicholas Cage is a horrible actor, yet he's got an Oscar.

Weird...

Um, yeah, that has to do more with the fact his behavior got more and more erratic. Not because he was blackballed by Hollywood.

I don't know anyone who rates an actor's acting ability based on anything but what's seen on the screen.

For the record, I'm a big Page fan. He should've won an Oscar for "The Frozen Ground"...

Her last memorable role was in on Golden Pond in 1981. After that, she did nothing but art films and pretty much stopped acting after 1990 when she tried to make a comeback in 2005 that went nowhere.

Should point out at the same time her career was declining in the 1980's, is about the same time you had Chuck Norris and Sly Stallone (Guys who both avoided service in Vietnam) trying to rewrite the history where it wasn't the complete clusterfuck that it was.

Ah, yes, drag those goal posts! Glad to see you finally admit that Fonda's most successful movie (nominated for an Oscar) was in 1981!

She didn't "stop acting" in 1990, you lackwit...she married Ted Turner and retired.

Mind readers of the world, unite!!!

Gotta love it when people who should know better pretend they know what somebody is thinking. Better get that foil helmet adjusted, it's not working too well.

Joey knows ALL! He is a regular Nostradumbass.

He starred in the "Missing in Action" films... Horrible, nasty bits of Jingoism that repeated a bunch of lies.

It's a movie, not court testimony.

Naw, you really couldn't... given you don't even pay your managers good wages.

Joey, you are so full of shit it is bubbling out your ears.

They got Whitey's attention, didn't they? White people are falling all over themselves now to do what they SHOULD have done years ago.

Damn right, and my wife and I helped some people do that yesterday! Arm up, practice, and if required, aim at center mass and fire until the threat is neutralized. My 11th training class, my wife's 14th.

Forum List

Back