Congressman: Obama's Senate Replacement Must Be Black

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The race to replace Barack Obama as Illinois' junior senator heated up Tuesday as Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., called on Gov. Rod Blagojevich to name a black man or woman to the seat.

By invoking race, Rush, who is black, drove a potential wedge between the prospective white and black contenders for the seat. Rush said it would be a "national disgrace" if Obama's seat were not filled by an African American.

Illinois isn't the only state with a seat to fill. As Barack Obama takes over the White House, he leaves in his wake a host of vacancies, and some are becoming the focal points for fresh political battles.

Congressman: Obama's Senate Replacement Must Be Black - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

wow this is gettin way cool innit?

Last edited:
Well IMO Bob Rush just proved himself unfit to be a law maker in this nation.

As with any job, the person who is rewarded with it, should always be the best qualified. I am far from perfect, but, I have been hiring and firing people for more than 25 years. Not once has race, religion, sexual orientation or anything social play a role in my choices.

I still recall the first time a long time customer told me that he wouldn't be back because I hired a black short order cook. I thanked him for his business over the past 30 some years and wished him the best. Nothing more needed to be said. Out of the 30 or so applications I had on file, that man was simply the best qualified. Period.

I got the same flack when I hired a lesbian couple. Yes, I hired both of them. One to work in the store and the other to work at the catering company and fill in at the store. They were highly skilled and very hard working. In fact, they hired in at a higher rate than most did. Well I lost a few customers, but, I picked up some really good gay catering accounts.

Business has to stay business no matter what my personal likes and dislikes may be. The same with government.

This Rush is a racist.

And it's bullshit. What would happen if they said a white had to replace Clinton?

All Hell would break loose and you know it.

Whatever happened to the most qualified individual?

Imagine if Rush said it, rather than...errr...Rush.

And it's bullshit. What would happen if they said a white had to replace Clinton?

All Hell would break loose and you know it.

Agreed. I am flabbergasted that the black guy said it. And that's why it is a disgrace. Obama was supposed to be "not about race" and this sort of trashes that theory.

I searched and there is no direct quote from Rush, only this heavily editorialized story by FAUX.

:eek:

And it's bullshit. What would happen if they said a white had to replace Clinton? All Hell would break loose and you know it.

Oh don't you know Gunny? Thats code for "Don't hire any Black people". You need some sensitivity training. :lol:

Agreed. I am flabbergasted that the black guy said it. And that's why it is a disgrace. Obama was supposed to be "not about race" and this sort of trashes that theory.

yeah, except it wasn't OBAMA who said it so how does it have anything to do with him?

Or do you believe that everytime an black person says or does something now it'll be representative of Obama himself? :cuckoo:

Well IMO Bob Rush just proved himself unfit to be a law maker in this nation.

As with any job, the person who is rewarded with it, should always be the best qualified. I am far from perfect, but, I have been hiring and firing people for more than 25 years. Not once has race, religion, sexual orientation or anything social play a role in my choices.

I still recall the first time a long time customer told me that he wouldn't be back because I hired a black short order cook. I thanked him for his business over the past 30 some years and wished him the best. Nothing more needed to be said. Out of the 30 or so applications I had on file, that man was simply the best qualified. Period.

I got the same flack when I hired a lesbian couple. Yes, I hired both of them. One to work in the store and the other to work at the catering company and fill in at the store. They were highly skilled and very hard working. In fact, they hired in at a higher rate than most did. Well I lost a few customers, but, I picked up some really good gay catering accounts.
I do the hiring for my section at work.

A homo doesn't have a chance in Hell of getting hired.

It's an unwritten and unspoken rule.

They are over qualified, under qualified, or the jobs already been filled. :lol:

yeah, except it wasn't OBAMA who said it so how does it have anything to do with him?

Or do you believe that everytime an black person says or does something now it'll be representative of Obama himself? :cuckoo:

calm down, love, no one's blaming your hero for this.

the point is, -edit- many -edit- have been saying obama's election was some kind of bellwether event and now we can all join hands, sing kumbaya and stroll confidently into a better brighter future where race doesn't matter at all. clearly, that's not the case.

Last edited:

Didn't you know for a fact it was about "race" when ACORN was out in force and you saw the Black Panthers at the polls tapping the nightstick?

Calm down white people.

Its not good for the country to have the 100 seat Senate be comprised of almost all white males, hardly any females, and zero african americans.

I'm sure there's plenty of highly qualified african americans who could serve in the senate, and its not a bad idea to look at some of them.

Calm down white people.

Its not good for the country to have the 100 seat Senate be comprised of almost all white males, hardly any females, and zero african americans.

I'm sure there's plenty of highly qualified african americans who could serve in the senate, and its not a bad idea to look at some of them.

Congratulations! You are hereby awarded:​

trophy.psd.jpg

If the top 100 best qualifird people happen to be White males.

Then they should hold the seats.

LOL

Are you telling me that senators Saxby Chambliss, and Jim Bunting are the absolute best people the states of Georgia and Kentucy have to offer america? Ted Stevens?

LOL

The senate is an old boys white club, rarely filled with people who are the absolute "best" their state has to offer.

Forum List

Back