Congressional republicans continue to slide!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maineman, Jul 26, 2007.

1. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    How will republicans spin this latest blow to their fake aura of invincibility?

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 18-21, 2007. N=1,125 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way the REPUBLICANS in Congress are doing their job?"
    7/18-21/07
    Approve 34
    Disapprove 64
    Unsure 2

5/29 - 6/1/07
    Approve 36
    Disapprove 58
    Unsure 6

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 18-21, 2007. N=1,125 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way the DEMOCRATS in Congess are doing their job?"

7/18-21/07
    Approve 46
    Disapprove 51
    Unsure 2

5/29 - 6/1/07
    Approve 44
    Disapprove 49
    Unsure 6

2. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Are we really gonna re-hash this crap again? This asanine who is disliked more debate? Give me a break. "Oh yeah, well they dislike you more than they dislike me." What exactley is your point MM? Look at the big picutre would ya. The majority of American's do not approve of congresses performance. That's what that poll says. This who is disliked more crap is meaningless.

3. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    meaningless? (I guess that answered my opening question)

I would suggest that the trends are instructive. I would suggest that the relative position of the parties might very well translate into the voting booth where people oftentimes are asked to chose the lesser of two evils.

and finally. Does your computer work differently than mine? When I come to this site, I actually get to chose which threads I read and which ones I don't read. And then after I read one, I get to chose whether or not I respond to it.

Don't like the thread? go fuck yourself and read something else.

you ain't my mommy.

4. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I find this thread uplifting.

Especially after seeing the very same thread against Dems, posted every other day by RSR. (talk about re-hashing)

Who also, conveniently refuses to acknowledge the Republican approval ratings.

Up 2 percent !! :thup: Goo Dems!

5. JeffWartman

JeffWartman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    LOL...I have a prediction about this thread...

This is going to turn into a pissing contest between RSR and maineman.

These threads about polls always do :)

6. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    lol

I predict that, if rsr even shows his pimply face on this thread, that he will only do so to post yet another poll talking about public opinion of congress and attempt to sell it - yet again - as if it is a public opinion poll about democrats.

7. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726

And I get to look at threads and respond to what I think is stupid, so you can jump off that particualr pedestal. So you go fuck yourself, preacher boy.

this back and forth 5th grade playground we're better than you crap when both sides are basically aweful is stupid.

And lastly it's a fuckin' poll. As in an opinion. Just because people may think something doesn't mean it's accurate or has any real truth to it. the continuation of our instant gratification society is makeing us dumber every day.

8. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

and I get to respond. no pedestal here.

if you look at the trend, democrat's in congress are quickly nearing a point where the majority of americans will approve of THEIR performance. then one will have to ask oneself, if the public opinion of congress is still in the toilet, what might be the source of that negative attitude.

public opinion polls have always been instructive for politicians to help them fine tune their agenda and their message. I would suggest that being able to make such minor adjustments in tone and measuring their results helps political parties better meet the needs of people.

9. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    But this poll doesn't jive with with last weeks that congressional approval (with no specifics as to right or left) was in the teens. this changed in a week. You want to convince me that essentially an 80% disapproval rating (at least) of congress was mainly do to republicans when they aren't even in power? I think not.

As far as being instructive yeah, sure, they let politicians know what people want to hear, so they say it. That's real leadership there. Politcal parties meet the needs of the people. Bullshit. They do what ever they need to do to meet their political needs with no moral conviction behind it.

10. Nevadamedic

Nevadamedic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +178
    It's not like it's a major difference. We are talking a matter of a few points and the Democraps arn't doing much better.