Congressional republicans continue to slide!

if the pollsters - Gallup and Harris, for example - who have been fixtures in American public opinion polling for decades - were caught fudging the data, they would be out of business. when they say that the data is normalized, it is. YOu can chose to disbeliever them, I guess...but do you disbelieve the newscast when it reports the DJIA? If nothing is trustworthy, then neither are you. In this thread, the actual questions are there to see.

The researchers who work for Gallup and Harris get PhDs and Master's degrees in statistics, probability modeling, and polling methods. You, I or anyone else on this board is about as qualified to judge polling methods, as we are to judge orthoscopic surgery.

If Gallup and Harris were involved in a massive conspiracy to propagandize, or if their were even merely incompetent in designing fair and impartial polls, they would lose all their corporate clients.

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 18-21, 2007. N=1,125 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president?"

Approve 33
Disapprove 65
Unsure 2

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 18-21, 2007. N=1,125 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS. (same poll)

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Democrats in Congress are doing their job?"

Approve 46
Disapprove 51
Unsure 2

spin THAT RSR!:lol:

note prediction in post #6

That prediction is about as credible as when people start attaching nefarious reasoning to actions by politicians and predicting those reasons as "excuses."

Pretty safe bet that there are those who think polls are bullshit. I am one. You don't see me agreeing with the ones that just happen to suit my stance. I'm sure they are just as BS.

Pretty safe bet that there are those who think polls are bullshit. I am one. You don't see me agreeing with the ones that just happen to suit my stance. I'm sure they are just as BS.

I would have to agree with you. I understand that there are those who think all polls are bullshit.

I only bring polls into the discussion for the benefit of those who do NOT think ALL polls are bullshit - for those who love to post polls all the time that make their side look good - but will not even comment about those polls that make their side look bad.

Forum List

Back