Congratulations You Just Gave Them The Power To Set Your Home Thermostats

there is a big difference between a grid that adjusts to power use and the government placing radio controlled thermostats in your home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/us/11control.html

sorry but the government will put a radio transmitter in my house over my dead body.

Except that we need more power lines. We don't have enough as it is. All of the OP is nothing but pure speculation. NO ONE is talking about telling you how to control your own thermostat. God I'm so fucking sick of these ridiculous projections. If you're so all-fired worried about government intrusion into your electric usage, were you equally as fired up over the government tapping your telephones? They actually DID that, without you even knowing.

Yes I was upset about it. Then i was equally upset when your Messiah said he would filibuster FISA but voted for it instead.

there is a big difference between a grid that adjusts to power use and the government placing radio controlled thermostats in your home.

sorry but the government will put a radio transmitter in my house over my dead body.

Except that we need more power lines. We don't have enough as it is. All of the OP is nothing but pure speculation. NO ONE is talking about telling you how to control your own thermostat. God I'm so fucking sick of these ridiculous projections. If you're so all-fired worried about government intrusion into your electric usage, were you equally as fired up over the government tapping your telephones? They actually DID that, without you even knowing.

Let me guess, fining us for not recycling is not telling us we have to recycle to? Recycling started out as nothing more than a government endorsed "recommendation" ... :eusa_whistle:

Thank goodness I live where we can burn our own garbage without a permit.

I love going to "green" towns where the hideous bright blue recycle bins clutter up all the streets, and spill over, and paper and bottles blow and roll all over the streets.

I don't even recycle my pop bottles..and I'd get money for them!

I do it just to drive people nuts.

I love going to "green" towns where the hideous bright blue recycle bins clutter up all the streets, and spill over, and paper and bottles blow and roll all over the streets.

Not only that, but our 'green' city of Seattle is now more gray and dirtier than it was before our idiotic leaders bought into this 'green' lie.

Meanwhile, my erstwhile city smells of juniper (which is vaguely cat-pissish, but you learn to love it) and sage, and the skies are blue.

Of course, I do live across the street from the garbage people (they take ppls garbage to the dump...we don't have garbage service. Hence the burn barrels.) who have about 10 non-running ancient vehicles and other conveyances in a fenced-in dirt lot....kept from being a fire hazard by the two sheep maintained therein.

But I like sheep.

Allie, THAT is being a poor steward of the earth
the pop bottles can be reused
and you are throwing the deposit money away
if you dont want to be bothered with it, check with your local Boy Scouts troop and see if they are running any bottle drives

So I should be OK because I know that the government wants to put a radio controlled thermostat in my house???

And there are proposals in CA to add the radio controlled thermostat to building codes.

That is not speculation.

Last year I kept my thermostat at 60, down from 65 the previous year.

It saved me about 250 gallon of heating oil from the previous years use.

Now I see nothing about the government controlling my thermostat in that article.

So what the heck are you guys talking about exactly?

Yes I was upset about it. Then i was equally upset when your Messiah said he would filibuster FISA but voted for it instead.

So was I.

Let me guess, fining us for not recycling is not telling us we have to recycle to? Recycling started out as nothing more than a government endorsed "recommendation" ... :eusa_whistle:

Recycling? What are you talking about? Where in the article is recycling or fining anyone even mentioned, let alone any edict from the Obama adm indicating anything close to fines? Are we still talking about the electricity of the future here? Or recycling cans? Or maybe recycling spent fuel rods from nuclear power plants? I'm confused.

In other words, you're a slob.

So I should be OK because I know that the government wants to put a radio controlled thermostat in my house???

And there are proposals in CA to add the radio controlled thermostat to building codes.

That is not speculation.

If it isn't speculation, then provide some proof that it will actually happen. As far as I can tell, the only meters involved would be those regulating WHERE your power came from depending on the best available source under specific circumstances. The smart grid would direct power to one of the many sources--water, wind, nuclear, and probably some that haven't even been developed yet. So what the FUCK is wrong with that?!

In any event, you'll be dead and gone before a smart grid ever becomes operational. The JUST SAY NO party will see to that. Your offspring will still enjoy all the benefits (chuckle) of holding their breaths during severe thunder/lightening storms, and those folks who get iced over for weeks on end will still need to wait until the local linemen get to their streets.

Last year I kept my thermostat at 60, down from 65 the previous year.

It saved me about 250 gallon of heating oil from the previous years use.

Now I see nothing about the government controlling my thermostat in that article.

So what the heck are you guys talking about exactly?

Surely you jest. ANYTHING that is proposed (whether or not a long-standing issue) under this administration will present itself to the ignorant masses for their interpretation under their new rules of worst case scenarios. THAT'S why the cons are dead set against a smart grid, period.

That is not speculation.

If it isn't speculation, then provide some proof that it will actually happen. As far as I can tell, the only meters involved would be those regulating WHERE your power came from depending on the best available source under specific circumstances. The smart grid would direct power to one of the many sources--water, wind, nuclear, and probably some that haven't even been developed yet. So what the FUCK is wrong with that?!

In any event, you'll be dead and gone before a smart grid ever becomes operational. The JUST SAY NO party will see to that. Your offspring will still enjoy all the benefits (chuckle) of holding their breaths during severe thunder/lightening storms, and those folks who get iced over for weeks on end will still need to wait until the local linemen get to their streets.

We already have state governments pushing to control peoples thermostats. I have no proof it will happen but you have no proof that it won't.

the fact that people are even allowing government to consider this is disgusting.

Now the conservatives are complaining that the government is going to take back the energy that they would have wasted.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back